PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
03-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Discuss anything regarding the achievements in this thread!

Joemama677
11-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Is this game a rent or buy? Are the achievements easy or are time consuming? If the achievements are easy and the game is short I think I might just rent it, but if its long, and fun I might buy it. The only problem with buying it is there is so much games out or coming out....

njd
11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Time consuming.... its a buy

B4d33nD
11-02-2008, 02:39 AM
The achievements aren't hard, but some of them take a lot of time and patience.

IIMF DoomII
11-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Worst story mode ever!!!!!!!!!

Nairmb
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I did all of the convoy missions for North and South, and the PC says that I've unlocked, but not bought, all the weapons. Do I need to buy all the weapons that I unlocked? Is the achievement glitched?

SevDelta
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I did all of the convoy missions for North and South, and the PC says that I've unlocked, but not bought, all the weapons. Do I need to buy all the weapons that I unlocked? Is the achievement glitched?

To get the mission for doing all the convoys, yes just do every mission. Make sure you have every weapon in the shop. If you do already, then it glitched on you somehow.

casper018
11-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I was wondering, how is this game? is it fun to play? how long does it take to finish the game?
and if you finish the game without a guide... and play on normal mode..
howmany gs can you get with it?

DreadfulCorpse
11-13-2008, 01:17 AM
can you miss any achievements?

newbsicle
12-14-2008, 06:12 AM
I did some numbers and found that at 500 points a game you would need to play 3000 matches to reach 1500000 exp. :/ At 15 mins a match that's 450 hours to obtain level 30 legit. :/ WTF! Anybody wanna boost? :p

mutantkilla
12-14-2008, 02:49 PM
finative ill def boost with you. does anyone know if theyre going to fix the problem where you have to buy the fortune pack to get the safari tour achievement?

NinjaMonkeyUK
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
You don't have to buy the pack to get the Safari Tour achievement. I got it yesterday & I don't have the pack. Just simply play a full match on each of the stock maps included with the game.

mrsantos
12-23-2008, 09:55 PM
once i rescue all my buddies in the north, do i get anything important from buddy mossions? ei. achievements. it just seems like all i get is rputatin an history. also i see that under Statistics it shows "Buddy missions done" X/12.. do i get something after the 12?

SuperNova X2X
12-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Nope. Its just there if you want 100% I guess.

mrsantos
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
do all my buddies have to survive, after i rescue them? so i could get the,The third faction achievement?

disreguard the question. i got it.

SpinelesS
01-03-2009, 01:42 PM
once i rescue all my buddies in the north, do i get anything important from buddy mossions? ei. achievements. it just seems like all i get is rputatin an history. also i see that under Statistics it shows "Buddy missions done" X/12.. do i get something after the 12?

there is the lent a hand achievement for completing one If your refering to the buddy side missions (that x/12 statistic counts how many Main missions you subverted), Buddy side quests are added to Side Missions done , every buddy has 2 side quests.

Other than the lent a hand achievement, they are pretty much just a way to increase Buddy History, so you can manipulate who is Your Rescue Buddy, and who you go to for subversion quests

History also effects which buddies turn up at the end of the game - the highest history buddies still living (mikes bar deaths dont seem to count)

BAD143
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I have one question about diamonds. In Desert District (further down left on the Northern District) are 4 diamonds. I have 2 collected, but when will 2 more (further down on the road) that f#!*g game will not let me go there and also back (i fall on ground). I have saved the game in the Desert. Knows enyone we can I collect 2 more diamonds on the Desert?
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9378/obr01ci2.jpg

Edit: never mind, i fuck that 2 more diamonds (down at map), i load previous savegame and collect again that 2 diamonds (up at map) and continue missions.

SecurityTS
01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
I have one question about diamonds. In Desert District (further down left on the Northern District) are 4 diamonds. I have 2 collected, but when will 2 more (further down on the road) that f#!*g game will not let me go there and also back (i fall on ground). I have saved the game in the Desert. Knows enyone we can I collect 2 more diamonds on the Desert?
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9378/obr01ci2.jpg

Edit: never mind, i fuck that 2 more diamonds (down at map), i load previous savegame and collect again that 2 diamonds (up at map) and continue missions.

Im stuck on the same bit:mad:

Do you have to come back for those lower 2 Diamonds once your in the Southern Territory or something:confused:

Adamzzz
01-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Im stuck on the same bit:mad:

Do you have to come back for those lower 2 Diamonds once your in the Southern Territory or something:confused:

You can only grab them once you've been to the southern district, which means they're part of the southern district. So yeah, once you gotten all the buddies/diamonds/tapes/convoys/cell tower missions etc., move on down to get the rest and those 2!

SecurityTS
01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

I just had to load it because i couldn't even return North:mad:

JiveT
01-12-2009, 07:28 AM
If you can average 500 points a MP match in this game you are GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF MADE FLESH...I have ALMOST gotten 500 points in one match and that was when I got 24 kills in a Deathmatch but then I got banned...because the game is stupid and lets people vote for you to be banned without cause.

If you are planning on getting the MP achievements in this game not only do you have to be extremely patient, good at bad FPS, and lucky...you really need to get a good boosting gang together. I find rooms fill up pretty quick though.

The best way for me to get experience so far is to host Deathmatch on the first small map in the list. As for unlocking the weapons manuals, even when I host, the pistols seem to require three clips directly into somebody's forehead before they go down... so good luck with that.

A challenge for the completist but if you really got to have 1000 in a game I would pass on this one.

SN4K3E4T3R
01-16-2009, 09:07 PM
[img=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9813/img0005ew4iq5.th.jpg] (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0005ew4iq5.jpg)

How do i get this diamond? its on a cliff and i cant get to it. I tried going on the mountain on the opposite side to see if there is a hang glider but there is none in the whole area... So im kind off stuck here...

Please help,

Nvm, I just went all the way to the bottom of the map and found a glider at the xiang bridge. Its fucking rediculous where some of these diamonds are hidden. Really pisses me off sometimes.

Edit: and off course when your flying you get shot at and your glider spins out of control, you crash, you die and you fucking wasted 3 hours of your life. Because i save fucking 3 hours earlier and 2 zones wich i found all the diamonds at are fucked and i can do it all over again. Jezus this game pisses me off so bad... fucking glitches and fucking.. Argh, fuck this game. -.-'

Gaagie
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Online achievements totally suck! :mad:

JiveT
01-25-2009, 10:06 PM
oh I learned you can boost this game much better than I ever imagined thanks to Blackjaw...but even with that method it still takes well over a hundred hours

MakeshiftMinty
01-27-2009, 10:55 AM
If my buddy who subverts missions for me dies is there anyway to replace him so i can get the achievement for subverting all the missions?

SevDelta
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
If my buddy who subverts missions for me dies is there anyway to replace him so i can get the achievement for subverting all the missions?
Yes, you go and find another buddy. You can have like 5 or 6 in each area.

MakeshiftMinty
01-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, you go and find another buddy. You can have like 5 or 6 in each area.
Thanks ive got all 6 buddies in the north but the guy who i can subvert mission with has been downed twice. He doesn't take cover which is annoying.

shilbo-assassin
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
i loaned this off my buddy at work, think he wants it back now...
are they are easy achievements i can get before i do...ive got a 3 or 4, not many so far, only done 4% of the game...poor effort i know, just cant get into it. im sure its ace but im dyin to get another sports game, always loved sports games, even sports i dont watch... only FPS i really like is COD, it plays so much better i think.

AddiBaker
04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
What impact does the "alternative-mission-path" have on the game/achievements? You know, were you choose a mission than somebody calls you up to do it differently... I haven't done it that way all the times, so the achievement for "Subvert all missions", isn't gonna happen for me, but does it effect other achievements? Cause it's always easier to just go for the "red" objectiv...

Barad
05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
this game is so damn hard for achievements! :(

SpinelesS
05-29-2009, 03:27 PM
What impact does the "alternative-mission-path" have on the game/achievements? You know, were you choose a mission than somebody calls you up to do it differently... I haven't done it that way all the times, so the achievement for "Subvert all missions", isn't gonna happen for me, but does it effect other achievements? Cause it's always easier to just go for the "red" objectiv...

at the end of subverted missions you go to rescue your buddy, often they get hurt and are lieing on the ground wounded by the time you get there (esp at higher difficulties), It makes for an easy ...into the fire or goodnight sweet prince achievement, but I guess you could use your rescue buddy for these two achievements (may be a little difficult)

Other than that though, no, subverting missions only affects the 2 subvert all missions in the north/south achievements.

However, successfully subverting missions upgrades your safehouses (vehicles at all safehouses, Ammo piles, med kits, upgraded weapons on vehicles at safehouses - stuff like that)

Ingles
06-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Is it at all necessary to do the side missions that the buddies will ask of you at Mike's bar? You don't earn any diamonds from them upon completion, so.... Does anyone know? I've already gotten my 6/12 buddy missions and I'm getting ready to leave the north. Just wanted to make sure. Would hate to collect all diamonds and then find out that that is what screwed me out of getting that achievement even though it's only worth 10GS.

Dark Umbra
06-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Is it at all necessary to do the side missions that the buddies will ask of you at Mike's bar? You don't earn any diamonds from them upon completion, so.... Does anyone know? I've already gotten my 6/12 buddy missions and I'm getting ready to leave the north. Just wanted to make sure. Would hate to collect all diamonds and then find out that that is what screwed me out of getting that achievement even though it's only worth 10GS.

Nope. No Achievement. No Diamonds.

xGolden 1
07-27-2009, 07:44 PM
can you play this game on easy as stilll get the sp achievements. my save got corrupted and dont want to spend time on normal if i dont have to

Xero92
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
can you play this game on easy as stilll get the sp achievements. my save got corrupted and dont want to spend time on normal if i dont have to

Yes, you can play on easy.

Default Enemy
08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
These achievements suck. Period. I'm thinking of setting goals for myself so the multiplayer achievements don't seem so overwhelming.

mikeeeeeeeee124
10-20-2009, 11:39 PM
does it matter what difficulty you play campaign on? just picked this up, probably gonna give it a go tonight

Jet1337
03-21-2010, 12:11 PM
That buddy achievement is beyond retarded and the description in the guide doesn't help. I've done every side mission in the game, so how the fuck am I supposed to know where these buddies are?

Looks like I'm gonna have to play through the game again...

KingGoomba19
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey, New to forums and first time posting...

Just wanted to know whether the achievement would work in this scenario...

1st playthrough, I don't realize that there are region specific achievements and you can't go back, so I am in the South and I realize that I missed many.....I do all the Missions in the south and get the achievements.....If there are some achievements were you have to do things in both regions such as "The Third Faction", if I save all the buddies in the South and then re-start a new campaign, and save them all in the North does the achievements activate?

Thanks!

jines1284
05-14-2013, 12:41 AM
I am wondering if I could use 3 consoles and 3 copies to to boost all the online achievements. I only get to play about 2 nights a week and really cant schedule someone else's boosting setup. I can also work my network to make only my boxes in a match.