PDA

View Full Version : The ranked-only achievements badly designed

metalangel
03-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Because, basically, the way to get all but one of them (Top Scorer) is to hide for most of the match. If you want Flawless, just hide (or, as has been said elsewhere, go as WC on Invasion and sit in the base for the entire game). If you want Marksman, shoot someone on the other team once and then hide for the rest of the game.

Meanwhile, people who are trying to play properly or go for Top Scorer are going to be essentially one player down and struggle as a result.

The same thing was true in Call of Duty 3 if anyone remembers... you'd have support guys running around just throwing ammo boxes everywhere to get Supply Officer, n00bs capping the last flag in the first three minutes to get War Hero...

PacoDaTacoS3llr
03-09-2008, 10:02 AM
at least it won't last forever

PacoDaTacoS3llr
03-09-2008, 10:02 AM
at least it won't last forever sooner or later these losers will either start playing right or just put this game away

metalangel
03-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I thought the same thing, but recently CoD3 was besieged by people who'd obviously just got the game (if they had a Trueskill score, it was below 5) who'd do all the things I described above (everything but play). And CoD3 is 18 months old now. Same thing seems to have happened in Test Drive... sudden influx of new players who are all acting like jerks.

VisioNizE
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM
This type of game is asking for stupid behaviour it's just human nature, not only the achievements but also people want the coolest vehicle and don't mind killing a team mate to get it.

This game will get better by time, when most of the players have moved on to other games, and only a serious community remains.

Pieface
03-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Ive won a few matches, by being top of the table, but my team has lost, and when I looked on the Table I had 3 with one kill and no death, I could have gt top scorer if it weren't for these idiots.

metalangel
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Exactly my point. I was 30 points ahead of everyone else in the game... because my side was me, one other guy who was playing (and was in second place) and another guy right at the bottom of the table with zero kills, zero deaths, just hiding in the corner of the map waiting for it to end so he could get Flawless. As a result, the enemy team (seven people) managed to stay about 10 points ahead of us and when the timer ran out, they won by default.

On the one hand I blame the stupid guy who was hiding and not doing anything - but on the other (and bigger) hand I blame the developers for putting in a stupid achievement that you can only realistically get by just hiding for the entire game.