PDA

View Full Version : Official Mission Help Thread

Maka
07-14-2006, 06:10 PM
If you are having trouble in a particular part in the game post it here and someone will try to help you....
Also list the mission before the description so that you dont spoil other peoples fun...
Write neatly with good grammar and a GOOD explantion... 'I'm at a boss and I dont know what to do' isnt good enough...

Mission 10:
I'm having trouble at (I think the End) After you drive the ship through the tunnel with see-through walls... You get off, fly a little more and get to a room with a big fan and on the wall that's perpendicular to that theres two indent one opens a teleport and the other does nothing. But when I go through the teleport I'm put back from a couple of steps back where I came from... This part is bothering me and I have NO clue what to do?

Anyone have any ideas or the solution? I've tried many things but I cant think of the right thing....

PLEASE NO SPAM! Only quesitons and answers

s1u5h13
07-14-2006, 07:54 PM
maka im not sure on yours cause im not that far but maybe you can help me

im on the level i think its called guiding fires or maybe the one after and theres all of these lasers you deactivate then wallwalks you activate and forcefields to deactivate and i have no idea where to go ive looked for the blue things to shoot on the walls to flip the level ive looked all over the level for an hour now i have no idea what to do and where to go!!!

Maka
07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
I think I may be ahving the same problem as you....:(

EDIT: I found this though:
http://www.lunabean.com/guides/prey_walkthrough_strategy_guide.php

But since this is hard to understand.... I think i got it myself, if looking at all doors pick the right door then deactivate the forceifled and take the flying thing and fly through the forcefield that you opened. Then land and walk into the door and your done...

s1u5h13
07-14-2006, 10:16 PM
i figured it out finally :P i missed a deactivate forcefield button when you are your spirit im so dumb :P it was right there! thanks tho :)

L3giOn
07-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Here's a question. I'm in Crash Landing and I've come to a door with a panel that you have to put a code in. I must have missed this code because I have no idea what it is.

L3giOn
07-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out. For those of you who want the code, it's 1623.

EDIT: There is another code near the end. It's 2724

Maka
07-14-2006, 11:43 PM
There are many codes throughout the game... Usually on screens that are in something that looks like chinese...

As for a better guide here's one: http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/prey.txt

Wierd thing is that I'm at the VERY end of Mission 12: Hidden Agenda... All the waves of flying things attacked me and no portal shows up... what do I do.... Start the level over again..?

s1u5h13
07-15-2006, 12:42 AM
hm thats weird i JUST finished that level myself and as soon as i killed all those flying things, a portal opened up....try walking around or something? if not yea start the level over.... :(

Maka
07-15-2006, 12:58 AM
I've been running around the balcony for about an hour.... I've tried EVERYTHING... Even looking under the platform to see if there's a flying thing that got caught under it... Shot the place they come from... looked for any sight of one in the distance....

This Game is VERY Glitchy... This is the second thing causing me to do a level twice.... First there was Guiding Fires where At the end I went into the portal and got the achievement and then it froze.... When I restarted I still had the achievement but no next level... This is starting to piss me off...

L3giOn
07-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Someone should sticky this...people keep cluttering this forum with new help threads.

Webb
07-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Right, I've stickied it, but this is on one condition...

That people put the level at the beginning of the post as to avoid spoilers and if I read one, that doesn't listen to this, then i'll be pissed!!!!!

L3giOn
07-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Right, I've stickied it, but this is on one condition...

That people put the level at the beginning of the post as to avoid spoilers and if I read one, that doesn't listen to this, then i'll be pissed!!!!!

LOL, I don't want to see any either! I'm about 3/4 through the game and I hope to finish it today. :D

Webb
07-16-2006, 02:27 PM
LOL, I don't want to see any either! I'm about 3/4 through the game and I hope to finish it today. :D

I'm about half, and likewise expect to finish it today ;)

Webb
07-16-2006, 04:30 PM
MISSION 16: THE COMPLEX

I seem to be stuck in some sort of cube with things zipping around me. I reckon it's near the end of the level. I can move from wall to wall with the brav changing pads, but I can't get out.

SOLUTION: The glowing cube must travel along the path in the cube to the otherside. Shoot the grav pads to rotate the cube ;)

Any help is apreciated ;)

Also, Maka, your link doesn't work for GAMEFAQ and the other one stops before the complex :p

Webb
07-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Don't worry got it :D

I'll edit my post with the solution ;)

Maka
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
The one I posted is better than the other but stops at a certain poit because the author is updating as he beats the story...;)

The cube got me too....

xX MaslaN Xx
07-16-2006, 10:38 PM
im on the last boss how do i kill em?

s1u5h13
07-17-2006, 12:14 AM
ok im having trouble on the very last level mothers embrace...im right at the end where the keeper thing is spinning in a circle in this green window ball, i read in a guide your suppose to hit some switches...the only thing i can compare to switches is those green things on the walls, but i hit those and nothing happened. can anyone please help me here? thanks...

SYNERGY86
07-17-2006, 01:22 AM
*Spoiler*
ok there are switches involved but your not that far yet. You need to shoot the windows with your spirt bow then they shoot them with a normal weapon after you do this to each window either shoot mother once or talon will do his thing I cant quite remember and then you be transported to go fight mother.

To kill the the final boss (mother) toggle the switch (there are four) until a floating bomb comes out, lure mother close to the bomb then shoot it, the explosion will knock her sheilds down long enough to get a couple shoots off then it will restore. Repeat this 4-5 times and she will die. hope this helps

s1u5h13
07-17-2006, 01:29 AM
i figured it out finally :P

L3giOn
07-17-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm about half, and likewise expect to finish it today ;)

I beat it today Webb. :D Did you finish? The only achievement I have left to get now is beating the game on Cherokee. I'm not in the mood to do it now so I'm glad I bought the game. ;)

s1u5h13
07-17-2006, 02:04 AM
same here legion, minus i rented the game :P i dont know if i wanna go threw that game again for 65 pts for cherokee well see

Maka
07-17-2006, 02:11 AM
I know that I'll be getting 1000 in this game...

Webb
07-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I beat it today Webb. :D Did you finish? The only achievement I have left to get now is beating the game on Cherokee. I'm not in the mood to do it now so I'm glad I bought the game. ;)

Yeah I finished it mate. Was a good, but short game. I'll get my monies worth though with Cherokee and multiplayer :D

L3giOn
07-17-2006, 07:31 PM
same here legion, minus i rented the game :P i dont know if i wanna go threw that game again for 65 pts for cherokee well see

I'm just gonna do a mission here and there and sometime down the road get the last achievement. That way it will be fun instead of a chore.

Fonkey Monkey
07-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. For those of you who want the code, it's 1623.

EDIT: There is another code near the end. It's 2724

thank you soooooo much!!!
ive been tryin to guess how to do this fuckin thing for like 10 minutes. how the hell did you figure it out?!?!

Maka
07-18-2006, 11:42 AM
It's on one of the TVs that had like chinese letters on it.... Every once in a while the screen changes from weird letters to english and will say the code.... later on in the ame they will be on the floor and other places....

Fonkey Monkey
07-19-2006, 01:32 PM
i need help with mission 12:hidden agenda

i cant figure out how to get the glowing weapon thingy down near the beging right after you first see the main guy or whatever his name is.. i need help please :bow::bow:

Maka
07-19-2006, 01:42 PM
To get the gun tha has the power around it you must... Go to each side of the room.. There are 2 doors on opposite walss of each other.. Open the door but watch out there's a turret on the roof in both.. Shoot the little blue canister right in front of you once you open the door... Do this with both sides and the energy holding the gun with stop..letting the gun fall.... then enemies will appear...etc....

Fonkey Monkey
07-19-2006, 06:47 PM
wow i feel like a douche now. i cant beileve i didnt think of that lol.
thats tight that its the acid gun. i love that thang:bow:

Maka
07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I think we need this:

Purple- Health
Blue- Energy or Moveable while in Ship
Light blue- Gravity
Blue Portal- End of Level
Orange Portal- Different Place

Fonkey Monkey
07-21-2006, 06:25 AM
ok im stuck on the cube... in know the combo:
uhmm *spoilers*?
straight
straight
left
right
left
behind
left
straight
right
straight
left
left
right

but i dont know from which wall to start at, or when the cube
roates i dunno which wall to go to. so any help would be
apprecaited. till then ill just keep guessin..

P1NSEEKER
07-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Just look at the track on the wall that goes bright blue when the moveable square travels along it. The square only moves down (towards the gravity) so its pretty easy to work out which way to tilt the cube

Maka
07-21-2006, 05:56 PM
If you want the cube to move in a direction..shoot the gravity on the wall that is the direction of the way you want it to go...

kytaseth
07-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Really sorry - not sure what mission this is called at all! :P

It is the one where you have the little flying ship things which you use a lot. I am at the bit where there are 4 domes on the walls and each has a forcefield over them. To get them down you go into Spirt Walk and go inside and deactivate them. By using another switch a cover is lifted off the wall revealing 6 metal panels on the wall which you can shoot. Once shot, they reveal a small box with 3 glowing blue lights on. One of these I cannot do as all the pressable panels are not working but there is a large pipe on the floor that looks like it should be plugged into something? I don't know if this is relavent.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Maka
07-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Solution:

You need to de-activate the forcefield for all 4 of the places, then hop into a ship... Once in the ship you need to take the little blue boxes and move them with the left trigger and pull them out of the places and just throw them away... (You need to be pretty close to get a hold of them) Once all 4 are taken out the door on the top or bottom will open...

PS. I hope this is what you're talking about, it's really hard without the mission name and number... If this is wrong then just 'Pause' and save and it'll tell you (after saving) the mission name an number ;)

kytaseth
07-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah it is. Dam that reply was fast :P Unfortunatly I figured it out just after posting :D Thanks a lot anyway.

Fonkey Monkey
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
ok im still stuck on the cube part. so when the blue line thing appears i stand on it? or face it ?

A1ucard1981
07-24-2006, 10:13 AM
You don't need to stand on the blue line. If you watch the blue line moves around the cube in the section of track which is not completly solid (see-through). Just shoot the 'plates' on the side of the wall to rotate the centre of gravity so that the blue line travels all the way round the cube.

Maka
07-24-2006, 05:48 PM
ok im still stuck on the cube part. so when the blue line thing appears i stand on it? or face it ?

Pretend the blue cube under the glass is a race car... You need to take the racecar around the track to the finish (The power) You need to shoot the walls so that the racecar goes in that direction... The cube moves when you soot gravity... move it to the other power using the gravity the cube will break open and you're out...

Fonkey Monkey
07-25-2006, 06:38 AM
thank you for your answers. i was trying to make that overly hard, when it was actually quite simple.
just now got it!so now hopefully i dont get stuck on the last part of the level :p

Tron
08-14-2006, 09:25 PM
i am on level 17 and i am flying outside, i have opened the container door and now i have no idea what to do...there is a giant moon orbiting in the center and i can land on it but nothing is on there...any help?

got it...nvm

Mr Hey
02-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Can someone please help me on level 11: The Old Tribes. Im flyin g where there are the five stations, shotting lazers to power up the place Im supposed to go. two of the lazers look weak, so thats why the place wont open, ive been trying everything possible for the last hour. Seei ng since the last post in this thread was made over four mon ths ago, Ill doubt someon e will help me, but I hope yall do. Thanks.

Mulsiphix
02-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Just by reading your post I couldn't figure out where exactly you are having trouble in the game. I think I might remember but the spot I am thinking about has three lasers that power the door shut. Anyway here is a short walkthrough for that area I got form a FAQ over at gamefaqs.com. If this does not solve your problem please post again and I will load up the level and see if I can't find where your talking about :D.

START FAQ: THE OLD TRIBES
This next one is a doozy. You will spend most of your time in this
level in the giant hallway you see once you head through the area
you start in. First, take care of the enemies in the hall so you
don't have to deal with a larger number later on and get overwhelmed.
Next, head through the door to the first of many halls with lasers in
them. If you hit one, a turret will bust out. Fortunatly, you can
turn them off via the switch near the end of the hall, so do that
when you need to go back. Continue down the hall to find some
Rifle ammo, and a door to a room with a giant fan and several
Mutilated Humans listening to the radio show**. You don't
have to go in here, so skip down past the ** paragraph to find
what you need to do next.

**(This room is optional, but the ammo may come in handy later).
Ignore them and grab the healing spore/A healing basin and Leech Gun
charge if you need them, and continue to the next room. More leech
gun chargers in this room as well as a door that leads to a optional
Spirit Walk section, which allows you to gather some more ammo.

Back in the hall with the lasers, head through the middle door to
lead back into the giant hall. Activate the wallwalk via the switch,
and continue to the next section. Several Hunters will spawn on the
bridge you fought them in the beginning, so be careful. Hit the
switch on the end to open the door.

This is the second hall with Laser traps, so be careful. Deactivate
them, and head through the door to wind up on the bridge that the
Hunters were on previously. There will also be a new flying enemy
that launches slow moving missles at you, so kill him ASAP.

Third laser hallway, same deal. Head past the lasers and ignore the
door on the right to find another portal room. Warp to the sniping
tower, activate the wallwalk, and take care of the enemies that
spawn. Head back to the previous laser hallway and open the right
door to find a force field. Use spirit walk, head past the spirit
path, and activate the wallwalk. Then, before reentering your body,
hit the switch to the right of the force field (Near the wallwalk,
in Spirit Walk mode). Walk past the wallwalk to find yourself in
your fourth laser room.

Nothing new, dodge the lasers, collect the ammo, and head through
the door. Defeat the flying enemy and continue up the wallwalk.
Kill the hunters, and then jump down once you get to the edge.
Shoot the enemies that spawn below, and then head onto the pipe and
jump onto the walkway below. On one end is the Rifle Ammo near
a closed door, while the other is a active door you can go
through. Head through the door to find another portal room. Once
again, use the portal to head through.

Next room is a shuttle area with a hunter at the controls. Ignore
him, and use the shuttle to go forward through the airlock.
Dock, run past the enemies (New flying alien as well, try to
avoid it if possible, although you will need to use Spirit Walk
in not too long). Use Spirit Walk on the shuttle docking area to
gain access to a spirit path that leads you to the switch
that opens the door on the top (RUN ON SENTENCE!! WHOOHOO!!!)

Head back to the shuttle area, grab a shuttle, and fly upward.
Next area is a bit annoying, so I will just give the best rundown
I can: each docking station holds a power supply that keeps the fan
above on, as well as a force field. You will need to deactivate the
force field on each, open the hatch (Via a switch) to the power
supply area, go back to the shuttle and pull each of the
rectangular power supplies. Once all 3 of them are pulled out, the
fan at the top will open up.

Next area has some blue junk blocking the way to the next area, so
use your tractor beam to move it. Head through the path to find
those odd people again. The next area is mostly story, so just follow
what the people tell you and you will meet Elhuint, a priestist that
leads her people from Gaia, and talks about The Keeper, the main
boss around the sphere. After the chat, a portal will open up to
lead you to the next level.

Mr Hey
02-19-2007, 04:38 AM
This is the part you posted that I need help:

Head back to the shuttle area, grab a shuttle, and fly upward.
Next area is a bit annoying, so I will just give the best rundown
I can: each docking station holds a power supply that keeps the fan
above on, as well as a force field. You will need to deactivate the
rectangular power supplies. Once all 3 of them are pulled out, the
fan at the top will open up.

Could you please explain that part to me? And thanks a heck of alot for your time, dude.

Mulsiphix
02-19-2007, 06:29 AM
You will need to deactivate the
rectangular power supplies.

When you reach the next large area, notice that there are four bays, three powered (two with active force fields) and one unpowered. Power is flowing to this fan in the ceiling from the three powered bays. You need to disable power in the three powered bays to stop the fan so you can then fly through.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5782/image1kl9.jpg

Your first goal will be to kill all of the enemies, since you'll need to move around in this room a bit. Next you'll need to activate two switches at most of the platforms: one to disable the forcefield (use spiritwalking to reach these switches) and one to expose the radioactive core of the power conduit. Some of the platforms will have one or both of these switches already active.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6711/image2lm6.jpg

Once you are finished with this step it will be time to destroy the shielding covering the energy cores. I couldn't find a good picture on the net of the shielding but here is the best picture I could find. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out what this when examining one of the bays.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7665/image3uq2.jpg

Use your shuttle to shoot the plating.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6701/image4ay2.jpg

An energy core will be revealed.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5457/image5tn2.jpg

Get close to it in your shuttle and use the tractor beam (hold the left trigger down) to pull the energy cores out of their housings.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1431/image6xi0.jpg

Doing this will disable the power to the fan above. You should now be able to move on to the next portion of the level. Let me know if this helps :D

Kid MaV
02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
there are 4 stations that have forcefields around them and one doesnt i deactivated one of the stations but there are 3 more, i dont know what to do ive been trying for about an hour?

Mr Hey
02-20-2007, 01:26 AM
When you reach the next large area, notice that there are four bays, three powered (two with active force fields) and one unpowered. Power is flowing to this fan in the ceiling from the three powered bays. You need to disable power in the three powered bays to stop the fan so you can then fly through.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5782/image1kl9.jpg

Your first goal will be to kill all of the enemies, since you'll need to move around in this room a bit. Next you'll need to activate two switches at most of the platforms: one to disable the forcefield (use spiritwalking to reach these switches) and one to expose the radioactive core of the power conduit. Some of the platforms will have one or both of these switches already active.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6711/image2lm6.jpg

Once you are finished with this step it will be time to destroy the shielding covering the energy cores. I couldn't find a good picture on the net of the shielding but here is the best picture I could find. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out what this when examining one of the bays.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7665/image3uq2.jpg

Use your shuttle to shoot the plating.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6701/image4ay2.jpg

An energy core will be revealed.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5457/image5tn2.jpg

Get close to it in your shuttle and use the tractor beam (hold the left trigger down) to pull the energy cores out of their housings.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1431/image6xi0.jpg

Doing this will disable the power to the fan above. You should now be able to move on to the next portion of the level. Let me know if this helps :D

Are you Jesus? Thank you! I just needed to know to use the tractor beam to suck the stuff out.

Mulsiphix
02-20-2007, 03:07 AM
Your very welcome :D

Divian BE
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Not sure if I might do this, but the thing I found very interesting for a guided play, was this site: http://guides.gamepressure.com/prey/

crazyjarjar2003
02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
OK im at the part were that voice lady attached that mutated rhino to jen and the thing keeps healing itself and i dont know how to beat it any idea?

antnie
02-28-2008, 12:10 AM
I haven't played this game for over 10 months and I am stuck. I am stuck on level 11. I think that it is level 11 because I have level 10 achievement. I am just lost any help.

towelie07
05-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Someone already posted this, but be sure to use the walkthrough posted on http://www.gamefaqs.com for this game. It is very good, but remember, on Cherokee difficulty, you get no health boosts at all.

Randomnutta
07-04-2008, 10:38 AM
thanx for this thread it helped me alot when i got stuck :)

ohallorana
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
anyone know what your ment to do in chapter 11. I come though a portal to a huge area with a massive drop. You can sprit walk up to the landing above but thats also a dead end. Any ideas??

Its the one just past the room with the big fan in it.

x Zot x
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
anyone know what your ment to do in chapter 11. Chapter 11 - The Old Tribes:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/prey/guide.asp?ID=1238

kentarulez
12-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Doesn't matter, I'll use the guide posted :D

oo g0dz oo
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
im stuck in level 16 i am in a box and i dont know how i get out a small thing level 16 anyone please help me!

msparrow117
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
im on mission 5 and i'm stuck where is a big ball or sphere that goes up, then appears again to do the same, someone can help me?:drunk

jonweek
02-19-2009, 08:40 PM
you know where on the level the lady and the grandpa is keeping going around on this thing is there a level or buttom to puch to free them so i can go to the fourth level

jonweek
02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
i am suck on third level of prey when you see the girl and the man goes around on the that thing and i am at a dead end is there a buttom to puch to stop them go arond please reply

jonweek
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
you know the part on the third level when the guy and the gal goes around and around i am stuck there is there a way to free them so i can go to the next level or if there a weapon to have to free them and can you tell me where to find them too

New Venari
03-03-2009, 08:56 PM
6: All Fall Down

I think i'm near the end. I'm being assaulted by the ghost of that girl that got killed earlier (who then turned around and killed the boy), and I'm not sure how to hurt her. Even in spirit form she hits my body before I can move a few steps.

SamBaraud11
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I got stuck quite a lot on this game but if you type in Prey and the name of the level you are on at YouTube you get a really good walkthrough that's so much better than a word guide.

A tip for the Arcade Machines achievements: Draw Poker you are likely to get straight away. Runeman just takes a little bit of planning and pick up the bonus whenever you can. Black Jack is the hardest because you can be on a winning streak then lose everything, so lucky Black Jacks and 5 Card Charlie's are good to get, that's how I got it, if you are getting low numbers, keep hitting and if you get 5 cards then your money will multiply.

chaos brother
09-23-2009, 02:41 AM
13: Jen

i have no idea what the code is at the very start, and were do you find it?

grinz
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
im stuck on the last level does anyone no how to complete it.

Adonis 420
06-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I've been running around the balcony for about an hour.... I've tried EVERYTHING... Even looking under the platform to see if there's a flying thing that got caught under it... Shot the place they come from... looked for any sight of one in the distance....

This Game is VERY Glitchy... This is the second thing causing me to do a level twice.... First there was Guiding Fires where At the end I went into the portal and got the achievement and then it froze.... When I restarted I still had the achievement but no next level... This is starting to piss me off...

Must be your xbox I have never had a single problem with this game EVER....Very good game actually less glitches then most and its one of the 360s first games...! Anyway I need help on the online achievements and with the FAXING THE ENEMY level...I killed a ton of the harvesters or whatever they are called but now I am in a hallway I cant get out of...! I dont understand it.. There is nowhere to enter a code no doors or portals just a hallway with unlimited ammo for the electric shock on the leech gun...I dont know what to do here.....Please text me 763 439 7023 with help! Thx

Mikethedude
05-11-2011, 07:13 PM
i hate this game it confuses me and i cant find good walkthrough for it....:mad:

Gh0stRid3r117
06-26-2011, 01:42 AM
i hate this game it confuses me and i cant find good walkthrough for it....:mad:

Youtube helped me out a bunch. When I would get stuck I would just take a break for a few and get back at it. It would usually work for me.