PDA

View Full Version : Is it even possible to get every single gold piece?

HeelTaker
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey guys I am somewhat of a perfectionist so up until now I have gotten every single gold piece and I would like to continue doing it but I am up to Episode 3, Level 4 and I have tried about a hundred times (not exaggerating) to get every gold piece in that level but I cannot for the absolute life of me get the ones towards the middle of the level and the most I have been able to get is 12/18. So I would like to know if it's even possible to get them all in this level and also if it is possible to get every one in the game, I guess not seeing as though there is no achievement like that but it seems kinda stupid if not... Don't get me wrong I am LUVIN me some N+ but this level is really getting to me. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Rifle Elite
03-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Why would they put a gold piece on the map if you cant even get? I think you can get every gold piece. But I think you will be busy for the rest of your life if you try to get all gold pieces on some episodes.

SouP x360a
03-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Don't bother getting every gold peice, waste of time.

l.maciver
03-10-2008, 09:58 PM
No way in hell you can get them all, cause you either die, or you die. simply put like that.

Marx0r
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Some of the levels have hordes of them that you can't possibly get without dying. There are jumps that you physically can't make, too many enemies, etc. That's just part of the game. You cannot possibly get every single piece, and you shouldn't try.

Dysitis
03-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Well I would recommend watching the demo videos of the people at the tops of the leaderboards. They always get all, or at least most, of the gold pieces on every map. I love this leaderboard demo vid feature! It really ought to be implemented into every game with leaderboards imo.

btw, marx0r, I don't think your sig/title thing is the never ending cycle you're looking for. One of them should say the other is true.

Apple
03-11-2008, 06:26 AM
there is a really easy way to check a good route on how to get all the gold.

1. Go to the leader boards
2. Go to the episode you are trying to get all the gold
3. Press X until the leader board shows OVERALL.
4. Press Y to watch the top 10 fastest times. (they always go for all the gold)

Marx0r
03-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Well I would recommend watching the demo videos of the people at the tops of the leaderboards. They always get all, or at least most, of the gold pieces on every map. I love this leaderboard demo vid feature! It really ought to be implemented into every game with leaderboards imo.

btw, Marx0r, I don't think your sig/title thing is the never ending cycle you're looking for. One of them should say the other is true.

I'm not looking to make a cycle. If two statements directly say that the other is false, then neither statement can be false or true. It's one of those logical paradoxes.

</sidenote>

And I doubt you'll be able to get video leaderboards for every game. N+ worked because the graphics were so simplistic, that the file size of the video was very small. I don't know much about programming, but Calzord's assured me that the size of the entire game is absurdly small. Games like Halo or Gears, if implemented, would probably have some long download times.

</other sidenote>

HeelTaker
03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Okay cool I will check out the vids of the levels i am STRUGGLING to get all the gold on and see if they can do it. Man that is an awesome feature!

pavementpoop
03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
yea i always like to get gold makes things more fun challenging, also try to get on the leaderboards if any1 is sad like me and wants to do some co-op SP campagin and get all the gold and try the leaderboards add me up would be a good laugh, i cant get enuf of the game after beating all episodes on my own lol cant wait for more content :)

Thorpe
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Only go for every gold piece if you want to get a high ranking in the leaderboards.

Tai_MT
03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
I honestly believe that some of the gold in this game is there simply to tempt you to kill yourself mindlessly and needlessly.

As in, through Greed, convince you to kill yourself.

I've run across levels where it's LITERALLY suicide to attempt to get some of the gold pieces. Especially in some of the heat-guided missile levels.

Theoretically, you COULD get them all...

The problem is...

It's pointless to do so.

I've completed entire episodes without picking up a single piece of gold. Just rush to the switches and then the door.

Even won an episode with only 1.57 seconds left on my timer.

JakK93
04-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I honestly believe that some of the gold in this game is there simply to tempt you to kill yourself mindlessly and needlessly.

As in, through Greed, convince you to kill yourself.

I've run across levels where it's LITERALLY suicide to attempt to get some of the gold pieces. Especially in some of the heat-guided missile levels.

Theoretically, you COULD get them all...

The problem is...

It's pointless to do so.

I've completed entire episodes without picking up a single piece of gold. Just rush to the switches and then the door.

Even won an episode with only 1.57 seconds left on my timer.

Nobody said that you HAVE to get the gold

rockhopper
05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I think it's impossible to get every single gold piece. I thought I remembered seeing some gold pieces surrounded by mines or even ones where if you jump for them you will fall to your death.

Anyways I'm pretty new to this game. I just completed the first 31 episodes. Got 19 more to go. Already there were so many frustrating parts I wanted to smash something on some levels. The game is so addicting yet so frustrating. The gold is tempting to try to grab most of it up on levels but trust me you will die many many times being greedy.

Lordvader178
05-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Some of the levels have hordes of them that you can't possibly get without dying. There are jumps that you physically can't make, too many enemies, etc. That's just part of the game. You cannot possibly get every single piece, and you shouldn't try.

Marx0r your so negative. I think it is possible to get every single gold piece. I just finished episode 50, and seeing this thread, i started doing every chapter and getting every gold piece. I am up to chapter 39, and i have gotten every gold piece so far. It's not really that hard as long as you time your jumps. The only ones i struggled with are the ones with the small area's and lots of small electroshock thingies (i call them static's). I have managed it so far, and i plan to keep on going.

I have missed ones where it's almost impossible (like suiciding for 1 gold piece) or surrounded by enimies/mines etc. Which is like 40 out of a billion so far. I am not getting high scores, because by the time it takes me to get every single gold piece on a level, im running out anyway.

Vapourise
05-31-2008, 04:20 PM
trust me dont do it, its sucicide!