PDA

View Full Version : New method for getting Penalty Achivement.

IA93VtecLude
07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
This should by a sticky for getting the penalty achivement!!!!!:D

This is an alternative for you guys that are using two controls by yourself. I figured out how to control both controllers by yourself. You have to control player one with you FEET since you are not required to do too much. :woop: This is for real. Just make sure you have both toes available. j/k thats not funny. :( Just move the left stick forward (left toe)and hold x (right toe)when you are ready to shoot on the break away.

Control player 2 with your hands of course. keep moving your denmark players away from player one and when he passes your last man, come up behind and foul him with the right thumb stick. You just have to work on your coordination controlling both controllers. Your feet and hands want to go the same way, but it can be done.

I had to this on the second time I got the penalty chance. I got to excited when I got the penalty the first time and I forgot to move the goalie out of the way lol. Good luck you guys.

Maka
07-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Instead of using your toes just get friends in RL....

IA93VtecLude
07-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Instead of using your toes just get friends in RL....
Some times you don't get a chance to bring your friends over just to get an achivement. Especially when your renting the game and all your friends have jobs and work for a living.

Anyway, this is called being creative when your resources and time are limited. I expected this kind of relpy from a kid, oh, you are a kid, sorry about that. Later

Webb
07-16-2006, 01:03 AM
I can see it being quite complex. I'll be picking up this game soon enough and am after the full 1000. But seeing as it seems to be a tough achievement to get. I'll give it a try ;)

Vesper79
09-21-2006, 02:34 AM
I laughed when I first read this but after some serious struggles with this, I decided to give it a shot. My wife got fed up with me, she refused to help because I kept giving her a hard time about her game playing skills. She's not much of a gamer, so I couldn't quite get her to do what was needed for this.

I took your basic idea and i changed it a little, I instead control the attacking team with my main controller in my hands. With the second player controller, I taped down the thumbstick so the controller person was constantly skating to the bottom of the rink.

I then waited with the puck in my own zone until the defender went flying by me, then i moved forward, every time a defender would get close I would hit the A button with my toe, and they would go flying downward, keep doing this until you are on a breakaway.

Then hit X for shoot and just hold it and wait. 12 times out of 20, they'll just come up and check you and take it. 7 times out of 20, they will get a penalty, but 1 time out of 20 you will get a penalty shot, then just move in and make sure you HOLD the goalie to one side while you shoot to the other, you cannot pull the goalie during a penalty shot.

For what it's worth this worked for me exactly as I described it, I set all the times to max and all the penalty sliders to full. I have no idea what the "best" penalty slider setting would be, but that's what I had it on when it worked, even though I tried multiple settings.

Hope that helps, took me about 20 minutes after I started using the above listed strategy.

This is 10000 times easier if you have a friend to help, but if that's not an option, I suggest the above.