PDA

View Full Version : Melee Mayhem but no Firearm Freedom

synjin savant2
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I just finished the game and unlocked Melee Mayhem, but not Firearm Freedom. I didn't use "Load Chapter" at all, but I may have used restart chapter at some point.

Anyway, I was worried about this after chapter 8 when I picked up the rifle and didn't get an achievement. This makes no sense since to get Melee Mayhem, I would also have to get Firearm Freedom, right? I didn't shoot the guns... was that my mistake?

Wreggitt
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
You need to shoot every gun. You can load chapters to get this.

DeStiN3d
03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Chapter 7 & 8 you can find every gun you need.

.45 Cal
Sawed Off
Pump Shotgun
Sub-Machine gun
Rifle

You need to shoot and kill somebody with each gun and finish the levels completely.

DreadfulCorpse
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Chapter 7 & 8 you can find every gun you need.

.45 Cal
Sawed Off
Pump Shotgun
Sub-Machine gun
Rifle

You need to shoot and kill somebody with each gun and finish the levels completely.

Firstly, those are not all the weapons (the weapons are:45 Cal, Revolver, Shotgun (pump), Shotgun (Sawed-Off), Sub-Machine Gun, Rifle.)
And secondly you do NOT have to shoot with every weapon, just hit someone with and thats it.

Armstrong x360a
03-14-2008, 06:31 PM
And secondly you do NOT have to shoot with every weapon, just hit someone with and thats it.

I also found that I had to shoot them in order to be awarded the achievement. I had used them all in melee and was not given the achievement but as soon as I fired them all it was awarded.

chasedabigbase
03-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay just need to blow this off because i've been holding it for a while and just need to let it go- I was playing the game and got most of the achievements so I was happy, until i noticed I didn't have the melee achievement, so I said fine and merrily played through it again without s**ting my pants that time (JK, sorry for the language ha) so I get a few more, then I find that I got a few more, but not melee! So I'm like alright, I'll focus more on not shooting, and right away at the beginninof my third time I relized what I'd done wrong every time by doing it again, I kept shooting the very first frickin' guy at the beginning, taking his weapon an never hooting again. i'll do it again, just not right now...(also I did the similar thing with the birds, i found everyone except the second last one twice on the 10th level-the one in the green house- and found that it was because it was on the OTHER table hidden in the plants, didn't as deeply anger me though)

chasedabigbase
03-16-2008, 01:10 AM
and btw, what weapon does Ethan Thomas have at the very beginning of the game? I know it's most likely the .45 caliber but I just want to be sure in case it is the revolver

Wreggitt
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM

You do have to shoot somebody with each gun. I'm not sure if they have to be killed but you do need to shoot them. Otherwise this game would be doable in one play through which it is not.

@chasedabigbase it is a .45

DreadfulCorpse
03-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I also found that I had to shoot them in order to be awarded the achievement. I had used them all in melee and was not given the achievement but as soon as I fired them all it was awarded.

I'm sure you don't, I'll get back to when I'm done with it.

DreadfulCorpse
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
You do have to shoot somebody with each gun. I'm not sure if they have to be killed but you do need to shoot them. Otherwise this game would be doable in one play through which it is not.

@chasedabigbase it is a .45

The game can be done in ONE play through.

Wreggitt
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
It cannot. You cannot get Fire-Arm Freedom Award and Gold Melee Master Award

You will have to go back and play through enough chapters to shoot all the guns.

DreadfulCorpse
03-20-2008, 12:11 AM
It cannot. You cannot get Fire-Arm Freedom Award and Gold Melee Master Award

You will have to go back and play through enough chapters to shoot all the guns.

You can, ah fu** it, I'll stop playing my Army of Two and finish this quickly to prove your point.

brennan4ever
03-21-2008, 01:00 PM
okay first off, can everyone please stop with the double posting.

secondly i just finished the game a hour ago and got the mayhem master thing, I'm going to go back shooting them all this time, can anyone give me the levels were it is the easiest to get them

EDIT: Just got the fire-arm friendly achievement you do defiantly have to fire them all

WmDXXIV
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
hey ive just done both the mayhem and freedom achievements but you need to fire the guns as i went through the whole game killed a character with each of the guns by melee and achieved mayhem but no fire arm freedom so i thought back to when i first played it and just shot the hell out of anything i saw and remembered i hadnt used the revolver so played a level shot a guy finished the level and voila! Achievement so you need to fire all the guns to get fire arm freedom!

mjc0961
04-03-2008, 01:24 PM
You can, ah fu** it, I'll stop playing my Army of Two and finish this quickly to prove your point.
Sorry, but you're wrong. You can't get all the achievements in one playthrough of the game. If you get the Fire Arm Freedom Achievement by shooting with all the guns, you can't get the Gold Melee Master Achievement, which requires you to use only melee weapons in every chapter. You'll have to skip one of these achievements the first time and play again for the other later.

Also, you can't get the Revenge Award and the Compassion Award in the same run. You can only get one. It's pretty easy to reload your last checkpoint and get the other after finishing, but you can still only get one at a time. So right there, you always miss at least two achievements in a single playthrough of this game.

Dizzy Domes
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I didn't get all mine in one playthrough but I did get the firearm one without shooting anyone. I picked up every weapon in the game (or so I thought) but didn't get my firearm freedom one (got the melee weapon one though). So my friend who had let me borrow the game was listing off guns and I didn't remember getting the revolver. So he told me where to find one, and I loaded that level. As soon as I picked it up I got the achievement. I never fired a single shot with any weapon (I was told to melee the first guy I saw instead of shooting him by a friend).

edit: Oh and I'm not saying people should do what I did to get the achievement as it seems most people weren't able to get it this way. Just sharing my experience with how I got the achievement.

mjc0961
04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Well, this is weird. I was replaying all the levels for birds, metal pieces, TVs, and doing everything in melee for the Gold Melee Master Achievement. I just finished chapter nine and the achievement unlocked, even though I know I used the rifle in Chapter 10 the first time I played. I wonder if it's because I reloaded my Chapter 10 save to get the other achievement involving SKX and finished from that spot to the end with only melee weapons. I'll have to try this out again later on my brother's gamertag (he never plays, and if he did I doubt he'd mind free achievments).

SpinelesS
12-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Okay just need to blow this off because i've been holding it for a while and just need to let it go- I was playing the game and got most of the achievements so I was happy, until i noticed I didn't have the melee achievement, so I said fine and merrily played through it again without s**ting my pants that time (JK, sorry for the language ha) so I get a few more, then I find that I got a few more, but not melee! So I'm like alright, I'll focus more on not shooting, and right away at the beginninof my third time I relized what I'd done wrong every time by doing it again, I kept shooting the very first frickin' guy at the beginning, taking his weapon an never hooting again. i'll do it again, just not right now...()

I could be wrong but as I understand it, if you havent shot a weapon in any level except the first, all you should have to do is replay the first level without using a weapon (and possibly any that you went back to and shot a weapon for the gun achievement), right?