PDA

View Full Version : Earthworm Jim

v_thorne
03-10-2008, 07:12 PM
The Genesis has always, and will always, be my favorite gaming console.
Anyone remember Earthworm Jim? Damn I wish that would come to XBL Arcade.
Throwing that cow at the end of the level will never get old.

Sprinkles
03-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I agree Earthworm Jim would make an amazing XBLA game

Bax x360a
03-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Earthworm Jim :eek: Holy crap that is an awesome game, I loved that. Would make a perfect XBLA title aswell.

allekpastrana
03-21-2008, 01:26 PM
We Want The Worm Man!!!

Jack_x2yz
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
wow forgot about this game... i spent hours as a kid playing this <3

shiningcheese
03-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Using your head as a whip cracked me up everytime. The second one was good, not as good as the first. I vaguely remember using a toilet to warp to a different level in one of the beginning levels. It was such a bizarre game, i would love to play it again for achievements hahaha. I would almost bet that the Wii will eventually get it through the virtual console because it was released on the Super Nintendo as well....

satandracula666
03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
And you cant forget the stage where you have to bounce the pups around that was hard :eek:

v_thorne
04-08-2008, 02:50 AM
And you cant forget the stage where you have to bounce the pups around that was hard :eek:

That was hard!
The hardest level for me was where you had to use the submarine thing, because the controls were inverted. I don't recall if you could fix that.

Daywalker-san
04-08-2008, 06:24 AM
ugh, i got stuck at the submarine for years, well like a week, gave up and picked it up a good while later.
its surrealism is just, wow

[Waggly Bean]
04-08-2008, 02:34 PM
It'd be best if they released Earthworm Jim Special Edition on XBLA. It was on the Mega CD (or Sega CD for US people) and had lots of fancy cd-quality audio and stuff!

Gameplay-wise though, it was identical to the Mega Drive/Genesis. But that's a good thing! :)

punker
04-09-2008, 05:44 PM
We just might get our wish:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/09/sequel-alert-earthworm-jim-mdk-and-dark-alliance/1#c11529686

Earthworm Jim, MDK, Dark Alliance and Descent fanboys perk up your ears, because we have promising news for each franchise. Today, Interplay confirmed that all four of these franchises are prime targets for future sequels after their company recorded rather nice profits last year. We'd be fools if we thought we could speculate to how, when or in what form these franchises will receive the sequel treatment, though we hope that the Interplay gods give us Earthworm Jim on the Xbox 360. In retail form or XBLA form, we'd be satisfied getting Jim either way.

[Waggly Bean]
04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
If it was a brand new Eartworm Jim it'd probably be some lame 3D attempt. I'd be very wary of this......

Delas
04-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Arcade Jim would would be wicked, one of the quirkiest games I've ever played but I don't think Jim would have the same classic buzz in Retail game form.

v_thorne
04-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Arcade Jim would would be wicked, one of the quirkiest games I've ever played but I don't think Jim would have the same classic buzz in Retail game form.

That's why with the exception of the last guy we've been discussing XBLA Earthworm Jim ;)

Ashz0r
04-27-2008, 11:23 PM
;785658']If it was a brand new Eartworm Jim it'd probably be some lame 3D attempt. I'd be very wary of this......

They did bring a 3D version out on PS1 but it was so bad not many people heard about it.

This was one of my favourite games as a child.

It was just so random it was brilliant. Cow at the end of each level just topped it off. I can't remember but there was some sort of ladder thing you built out of worms when you completed the level as well.

In UK (don't know about elsewhere) when i was younger there was an earthworm jim cartoon on TV that was pretty good as well.

[Waggly Bean]
04-28-2008, 08:16 AM
They did bring a 3D version out on PS1 but it was so bad not many people heard about it.

I think I vaguely remember looking at that once in Gamestation when I was younger... obviously never thought much of it as it is a very vague memory!

In UK (don't know about elsewhere) when i was younger there was an earthworm jim cartoon on TV that was pretty good as well.

YES! :woop:
I had totally forgotten about that. I remember there was a really cheesey narrator! And it was pretty random from what I remember, pretty much like the game. Can't have run for very long though.... but it was good if memory serves me!

RockstarSuicide
07-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Earthworm Jim 64 was also released.

And the carton was just epic. I would love a DVD release of that. I used to watch it all the damn time!

Rutawitz
07-20-2008, 03:03 AM
that game rocked

Elekid
12-23-2008, 06:36 AM
EW Jim was fun, although I beat it fairly quickly compared to other Genesis games. I'd probably get it if it was an XBLA release.

Agent JFG
12-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Earthworm Jim would be cool. Anyone played Vectorman? Both games are coming out in that new Sega compilation 360 game so it would be pointless for them to be arcade titles as well, but I really enjoyed them.

v_thorne
12-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Is EWJ seriously coming out on that compilation?

SOLD.

Mongolian Beef
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I never played Earthworm Jim on the genesis, but I do have it for the GBA.

OOOOOPS MY BAD
09-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Wow Earth worm Jim? Man... I missed that game. I like the Snes version and the Genesis version was ok.

I remember that level: Buttville was a pain in the ass... I hate that level when I was a kid! I didn't beat the sequel too. :(

GROOVY!

[Waggly Bean]
09-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow Earth worm Jim? Man... I missed that game. I like the Snes version and the Genesis version was ok.

I remember that level: Buttville was a pain in the ass... I hate that level when I was a kid! I didn't beat the sequel too. :(

GROOVY!

You do know that since this thread was last posted in (before you I mean), EWJ has been released on XBLA? So you can go back and relive it all you want! :p

pyroloveridge
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
love it with all my heart

Edouken
11-18-2010, 01:07 AM
I remember renting a console from Blockbuster so I could play this. That was sooo long ago...

ChickinOnaChain
02-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree Earthworm Jim would make an amazing XBLA game
And it only took 3 years for it to happen!