PDA

View Full Version : All American Win Solution - 100%

Hammer 5O2
03-11-2008, 05:47 AM
ok so this isnt exactly my strategy to get this achievement. i found this on anther source but im here to distribute this to all of you having troubles.

First delete your previous settings to default. Set up your game as you the user playing as one team and a seconed controller on the other team and play a ten minute all-american game with any team on either side. Then hit a few shots and go up by 10 or so points, then just advance through the game until about a minute or so left. Switch the team being controlled by the second controller to CPU control. Then finish and win the rest of the game and the achievement is yours.

This is wht i used to get this achievement. I tried evrything else out but i did not succeed. Anyways make sure you delete all previously saved content on this game off your hard drive and just follow the strategy above and you will get the achievement without a doubt. This strategy was believed not to work but it infact does.

MadMikeD420
03-16-2008, 11:15 PM
just wanted to say that I tried this way and it worked like a charm on my first try. I erased all game data, went up like 30 to 0 before removing the controller from opposing team with 3 minutes left. Also to note I received my two pump-up achievements during the same game as well.

brianwrightr6
04-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Worked like a charm this way! Thanks.

Parkerktm
05-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Great deal, when i rent this it will help me alot..i still have to get this achievement for NCAA MM 07

WaltJay
05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the tip. I tried putting my setting back to default, then beating the Maine Black Bears with Memphis fair and square, but that didn't work.

Your suggestion did work like a charm. Thanks for the help!!

xI C0uch P0tat0
07-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks man.

xI C0uch P0tat0
07-08-2008, 03:31 AM
Wait, wait. This does not work. If you try and move the controller to CPU a message pops up and says switching teams prevents you from earning achievements.

ThirdeYe
07-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the tip, worked great.

RGC DRIFTER FV
08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
FYI, for anyone who may wonder whether this technique still works, I just used it successfully, so it works fine.

Ruthless
08-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Doesnt work, tried it and failed, will try clearing the cache but probs wont work either.

Wes Ide
09-12-2008, 03:54 AM
I tried this tonight, too. I got every offline Acheivement besides this one, then deleted all my data from the hard drive, went in w/ 2 controllers, switched at 1:30 left in 2nd half.

Didn't work. Guess I'll try again...?

EDIT: Tried it again, didn't work. Then I tried it legit, 2-minute quarters this time, still All-American. After my 4th rematch, I won. No ding. Ugh.

kingrich06
11-23-2008, 05:18 AM
How long are the halves supposed to be?

Legend Has It 1
12-03-2008, 01:11 AM
supposed to be default setting which would be 10 minute halves I assume?

borandi
12-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah default means the time as well, so 10 minute halves.

jrrdnx
04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
To clarify, I should've received this the other when I got the All American Victory achievement, but no such luck. At the time I had already installed the update. The next day I did the system maintenance (X,X,LB,RB,X,X from the HDD Device Options screen) and tried it again and it popped right up. Clear the cache and try it again and you should be fine :)

Sephalon
05-28-2009, 03:43 AM
I just did this method and to confirm it, it still works. Thanks! If people still having problems with this, what I did was after the 1st quarter and at the start of 2nd, I just changed the 2nd controller team to CPU and it worked. I had a really big lead so there was no way I would lose. Anyways hope that helps.

Midnight Malice
06-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I did it as well this morning. The guys that say it doesn't work are obviously doing something wrong. Make sure you clear your cache and stay offline after that. went up 50-2 or something and took 2nd controller out of the game. It didn't even tell me I'd lose achievement progress.

xI C0uch P0tat0
06-07-2009, 03:59 AM
This achievement is impossible. It truly is. And before you even ask, I did clear my cache, I was offline, the settings were default, it was all-american, it was ten minute halves, and I did win.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

the punishermx
06-08-2009, 04:27 AM
:eek:wow, thanks!!!!!!! :woop:

and i think i know what are you doing wrong, you have to conect your second control, without a profile / gamertag, just connect the control and pick a side, cause if you conect the control with a gamertag, the game displays that message about the achivess. hope you can undestandme...

bLaKgRaVy
06-19-2009, 02:12 PM
This achievement is impossible. It truly is. And before you even ask, I did clear my cache, I was offline, the settings were default, it was all-american, it was ten minute halves, and I did win.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I haven't done this for 2008 yet, but for 2007, first, start a game with default settings, 10 min halves, etc. Start it against the CPU. Then, after the game STARTS, sign in on the second controller and play like that until there's like 20 seconds left in the game. Then sign out the second controller. Worked like a charm for me in NCAA 2007.

The 07 achievement said you had to play against the CPU and 08 doesn't, but I assume that it has to be against the CPU. As long as you start and finish the game against the CPU, it should work. Gonna try it tonight.

Mike Pitch
08-18-2009, 02:34 AM
I just got this achievement after clearing the cache and deleting the memory spots for this game. I don't know if the 2 controller method works or not, because I beat this legit :)

Method
09-05-2009, 02:11 AM
I played the 07 of this version right before playing the 08 version and the 08 version is definitely harder. However, for those of you who don't want to clear the cache for this achievement, playing as an all 7'6" team as Memphis against an all 5'4" Troy University team is really easy without two controllers. Unfortunately I only learned this after switching my second controller over to the CPU using the method described by the OP. I went on a 7-0 run in the last minute against the CPU. I then played again under the same settings against the CPU and won the first half 28-4. So yeah, no need to clear the cache, just have your giants crush the midget team.

Chuppernicus
10-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Worked great for me. i just pulled the plug and then played this game first. Took awhile to pop but it gave it to me.

Spanish Assault
11-23-2009, 01:20 AM
I played the 07 of this version right before playing the 08 version and the 08 version is definitely harder. However, for those of you who don't want to clear the cache for this achievement, playing as an all 7'6" team as Memphis against an all 5'4" Troy University team is really easy without two controllers. Unfortunately I only learned this after switching my second controller over to the CPU using the method described by the OP. I went on a 7-0 run in the last minute against the CPU. I then played again under the same settings against the CPU and won the first half 28-4. So yeah, no need to clear the cache, just have your giants crush the midget team.
This worked perfect after the 1st try I was only up by 2 at the 1st half, but then dominated in the second won 56-32. I didn't have to try and clear a cache or unplug and replug controllers.

thanks man!

hamfam9598
02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I just wanted to post this and confirm my experience.
I tried this today using the method above in the first message. It worked fine.

I deleted my files from my hard drive first but then began a game using two controllers. I got up by 40 then I moved the player 2 controller back to CPU control and finished the game and achievement popped!!!

Thanks for the awesome tip.

East1999Eternal
02-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Also co-signing the TC's post does indeed still work, and thx as well for this helpful information. :Bounce:

IWHBYD
03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
You can edit height, weight AND player stats and still get this achievement. All you have to do is make sure all other settings are set to default.

thehellbeast
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
this worked for me as well. but only after deleting my game save. i think if you mess with the rosters it screws it up.

poopstain killa
07-30-2010, 05:33 PM
After 4 times of trying to get this achievement, I finally got it.

I didn't want to delete all my game data, so I moved my Profile to a memory unit, turned off my xbox, then took off my hdd.

Turn on xbox, load up game. Make sure it's set to all american, as it's NOT the default setting, and 10 minute halves.

I started with 2 controllers, and at about 1:00 or so left, I paused the game, switched the 2nd controller over and "blip bloop", I FINALLY got it! YAY

BAMF Sangwich
08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I didn't wanna take any chances so I just deleted my save and cache. Just used the two controller method and got it offline my first try.

mindphluxnet
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Confirmed working today.

- patch applied, online
- default configuration (pressed X to reset before game)
- edited roster, but used teams with no altered players
- two controllers, switched to CPU about 3 minutes before end of the second half

DeekBoy
10-21-2010, 09:12 AM
worked like a DREAM!!! now all i need are those online achieves

CRNBRD
11-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Come on guys, it isn't that hard. Play defense, know your players, and go slow. I won with a 10 point lead and got the achievement. This seemed to be a lot easier than the other basketball games out there IMHO.