PDA

View Full Version : I'm never playing Fifa again

ocfp
03-13-2008, 07:20 PM
This game is so much better. If anyone is thinking about buying it go ahead. Sucks that its released so much later in the US.

kingkoning
03-14-2008, 07:33 AM
I agree, and I'm sure many others around here feel the same, but don't make a new threat about it. I'm mean you have 400 post, you should now when to make a new threat or not.

Manwell Pablo
03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
The games a massive dissapointment if you ask me, so many faults. I could literally go on all day.

Dive button, no pointless. Refs seem to be overly harsh on mistimed slide tackles. Controls seems less responsive than the last one, they seem to have taken another backwards step in regards to licensing. Again.

These are just slight annoyances compared to the major fault with the game, online the games nothing short of a joke compared to the last installment, which itself was pretty poor. Right from finding game through to not being able to play extra time.

I can never find a game, ever, this is due to the new menu system, most people worse/as good as me wont play me for fear of losing all I get is Top Div 6500 + players. Now I'm not bad at the game but I'm not that good. In game I'm lost as to how it's got so bad. Fair enough Pro 6 wasn't great on the net but it was in a different league to this one, there are times when playing that I can't physically see which why an oppenent intends to go because the lag is changing his body stance and direction to quickly for me to keep up with, I frequently completley miss headers because the player has gone up to late, due to lag. At it's worse the whole of my defense just stand still while the other players just wallses through and scores. The camera angle sometimes shoots up to the other end of the pitch, and as I say. No Extra time? Why?

I could stomach all this if Konami had released a patch to at least sort half of it out but they've not done anything and seem unlikely to now.

ALSO (sorry for going on) as I'm sure most of you are aware the achievements are unclear and at worst, just plain bugged, I've scored two perfectly good free kicks on the net, no achievement, I've read on here what you have to do but thats not the point, it's an achievement for scoreing a FK on Xbox Live, it should unlock when you score a free kick on Xbox Live.:(

I've never been a big fan of FIFA and have been a Pro Evo player since the orginal came out for the PS but I will think very very carefully before buying the next edition of this game.

orp08
03-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah the online its sad, really, i mean i give it another try (well my brother actually) and even with all that lag, where you cant play really he managed to do the fucking hat trick (well he scored 5 goals with the same guy), but the fag quit after the 8-2... really this is annoying. How can they add achievements if the online its so fucked up you cant really play it... i mean in less than a week i already have 400 points but im not sure i will get the 1000 because of this.
The game overall its really good, but the major appeal to me was the online, i didnt find the past PES laggy, yeah there were some bad connections, but even when that happen you could play it, even if the match lasted forever because of this... Im really dissapointed with this matter, but the game itself its awesome.

winter182
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Pro Evo is so much better, although i agree the online is poor the game itself is so much better, i have over 50 hours of playtime in exhibition matches which are stupidly invalid games, nevermind.

ocfp
03-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah i kind of jump the gun on this one. Online is horrible. unplayable. the achievements are so boring. play 500 games. there so pointless and boring. i think im going back to fifa bc of the online. Pro does hve a smoother feel to it.

Smugu
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Well i dont care if FIFA is better online or has easier achievements... I played Pro Evo always since ISS times and 1 kind of bad game wont change me to FIFA.

This game is so much better offline, and i have tried FIFA08 demo.

oneandonlytommo
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
^^lol at the above post "fifa has easier achievements"

the achivements on fifa are to hard pros achivements are easy and there is only a few of them compared to fifa. the only thing i dont like about pro is trying to find a game online its so hard it always comes up with some excuse saying something like "this persons bar is to full you are unable to join" blah blah blah. hopefully they sort out the online for next year.

cwigham
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
...Pro Evo 2008 online is horrible this year. Lag, "unable to match opponent" etc, not good. Pro Evo 6 was far better.

I JORD K I
03-25-2008, 03:07 AM
pro evo is a ten times better game and the only problem is the online lag but other than that it great to play

Manwell Pablo
03-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Well i dont care if FIFA is better online or has easier achievements... I played Pro Evo always since ISS times and 1 kind of bad game wont change me to FIFA.

This game is so much better offline, and i have tried FIFA08 demo.

I don't know about FIFA, I've not really played it, Pro is still a good game offline but it's failing to evolve enough for me, a few new editions each year aren't enough the game is essentially the same as last year. If it weren't for the fact I'd maxed out Pro Evo 6 ach's I'd be wondering why I bothred with 2008 at all.

Ironically the problems with 2008 online give Konami something to work on improving and will probabley make the next one worth buying, by fixing a problem that shouldn't of been there in the first place, or at least fixed with a patch.:(