PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

The Pants Party
03-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Please discuss the achievements here.

Cubituss
04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
As a Pole I am proud of a polish achievement :)

Bobcat3003
04-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Woo "Beat Germany with Denmark"... Go Denmark! Even though we didn't qualify. :(
Meh, gonna be fun anyway…

KnotOfScotland
04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Some very simple ones, therefore its a shame "Faddymania" wasnt there lol, Score against France and win with McFadden at Parc de Princes lol, oh well, il do it anyway when i get it for the fun of it:woop::woop: (If that stadium is available)

SoaringEagle
04-13-2008, 03:51 AM
wth is up withh the random online ones, win a league with a x seeded country...
ea doesnt understand that they have the worst achievements and they just keep getting worse, no i dont want to play as like Belgium and beat france in a league ONLINE, when the other guy has all the advantages that i do as well...

loserboi23
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
u guys reckon the online seeded achievements are gonna be hard? at least theres no challenge mode achievements, hated gettin those in fifa

-jase-
04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
u guys reckon the online seeded achievements are gonna be hard? at least theres no challenge mode achievements, hated gettin those in fifa
I have the seeded ones for seeds 1,2,3,4 so just 3 more to get, they are hard if you're seed 7 vs France you have next to no chance you just have to hope you go in against the same seed or lower.

T H O R |2 N |3 A G
04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
If you're a good player winning with a 7th seeded team is no problem, tbh.

KnotOfScotland
04-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I beat Switzerland with Faroe Islands hehe, but the funniest thing happened on my 6th seed side (Estonia) i won one match, 2nd match, 3rd match, then another and won the little tournament thing, coming from 2-0 down to win 2-5 against France... was laughing so hard at the time!

Spain - France - Italy - France = Pwned by ESTONIA! :woop::woop:

bobdajob
04-19-2008, 12:45 AM
I had to play 11 matches to get the 7th seed achivement due to people quiting and the ea servers being dreadful. on my 7th win i managed to get the achivement with san marino as silva is 66 overall making him the best 7th seed player ive seen

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
How is this game, are the ach. hard?

ever31
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
just won it with wales, i scored 15 goals and i got no achievments, not even the winning as a team that never won before

NeonDelta
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
just won it with wales, i scored 15 goals and i got no achievments, not even the winning as a team that never won before

those achievements need to be done in Euro 2008 mode, not captain your country mode

EskimoMonkey
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Does anybody know for sure , that if you play the euro knock out cup instead of just a ranked match you get more skill points, coz if you dont wants the point of playing them?

-jase-
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
How is this game, are the ach. hard?
the game is awesomeness (is that a word?)

As for the achievements the online cups ones are hard but only because of people quitting when you are winning and you don't get the achievements if they quit.

The freekick one is hard but the rest are just time consuming.

andybhoy92
04-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Some very simple ones, therefore its a shame "Faddymania" wasnt there lol, Score against France and win with McFadden at Parc de Princes lol, oh well, il do it anyway when i get it for the fun of it:woop::woop: (If that stadium is available)

yeah that would have been a great on to get!

oliliverpool4eva
04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
the online cups are impossible!! they sound easy just win one match but as soon as you score your opponent quits. its so annoying i just give up on this game (by the way the freekick one is one of the most easist achievements on the game)

STARSxMURPH93x
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Play with a friend... preferably one that your better than, as you can beat them and get the achievement, you both press A at the same time, a 3,2,1 countdown should do and after a few times you get into the same game as the person. SIMPLE :D (although when you want to play again, ones in the next round :( ) not as simple ay ;)

oliliverpool4eva
04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
thanks mate anyone want to do that with me? also it might work a bit better if we submit positive player reviews on each other then theres more chance of finding each other send me a frind request asap my gt is The Reds 1993

neeker75
05-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Is there any way to "search" for your friend in these online cup matches (like FIFA Street 3)? I had major problems with quitters and disconnected games when playing that game and I really don't want to go through the same old crap again. EA should credit the achievement to you when the other party quits.

TheMightyRoast
05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Does anybody know for sure , that if you play the euro knock out cup instead of just a ranked match you get more skill points, coz if you dont wants the point of playing them?

Yep, the online cup matches count as ranked matches.

ocfp
06-02-2008, 05:10 AM
i guess i got lucky since no one quit with i was playing. maybe 20 cups. i won 7 of them. word of advice for online cups...

Keep backing out till you get a favorable match up(never play more than 1 star more than u) and when u playt as the 4,5,6,7 seeds play all out defense with counter as i found it the best way to win with the lower seeds.

Resurrection
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know why the captain your country win as forward, and golden boot thingy achievements wont unlock? ive tried two times now, and it wont unlock :(

phattonyca
07-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Golden boot needs to be done with Milan Baros of Czech...
As for the forward I didn't have an issue unlocking the achievement...

You sure you are a striker?

Token Blackshi
07-26-2008, 06:05 AM
I have a few Q's about the Milan Baros achievement:

1) Golden Boot means top scorer for the Finals only, correct? Not the entire qualifying phase too?

2) Do i have to be captain AND tourney top scorer by the end of the tournament? The achievement description doesn't specify "win the Golden boot as captain" so i guess not but i just want to make sure...but since i'll need to score at least 7+ goals I should be captain anyway lol.

3) Can i purposely get myself suspended/dropped during the qualifiers, just so i can sim some games to get the achievement quicker? There's no chance of not being picked for the Finals squad or any other danger is there if i miss say, half the qualifiers/friendlies (as long as i do well in the games i play)?

Thanks

Token Blackshi
07-28-2008, 02:36 AM
I'll answer my own Q's about the Milan Baros achievement, just in case others were still wondering :)

1) Golden Boot means top scorer for the Finals only, correct? Not the entire qualifying phase too?

Finals only...try to score at least 6 or 7 goals just to be safe.

2) Do i have to be captain AND tourney top scorer by the end of the tournament? The achievement description doesn't specify "win the Golden boot as captain" so i guess not but i just want to make sure...but since i'll need to score at least 7+ goals I should be captain anyway lol.

I ended up winning the tourney as captain anyway, but i'm pretty sure you don't have to win the tournament nor win it as captain to get the Milan Baros achievement.

3) Can i purposely get myself suspended/dropped during the qualifiers, just so i can sim some games to get the achievement quicker? There's no chance of not being picked for the Finals squad or any other danger is there if i miss say, half the qualifiers/friendlies (as long as i do well in the games i play)?

As long as you do well in your first 3-4 qualifiers or so you will remain captain throughout the qualifiers even if you miss later games through suspension. Accumulate 2 yellow cards during a qualifying campaign and you'll be suspended for one game. Acquire another 2 yellows and you'll then get suspended for 2 games. I ended up being able to sim 4 qualifiers and one final tourney group game en route to the trophy due to being suspended, which made the process a fair bit quicker.

xborg7
08-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Conquer Europe - Can I beat all teams in a penalty shootout?

Tubby 94
08-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Im 99% sure they all have to be legit games

xborg7
08-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Ah man, that might take a while lol

thanks

Tubby 94
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM

thanks no problem i would of got the acheivement already if you can do it in shoot out

J.Waddo
08-24-2008, 02:05 AM

thanks
Just a tip for you mate, a quicker way to do this is to start a new Euro 2008 campaign, choose Amateur, 4mins and QUALIFICATION only. Then rig your group so that you have teams that you know you need to beat who also qualified for euro 2008. Im pretty sure thats the quickest way to get the "Conquer Europe" achievement.

xborg7
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Okay thanks, I'll try and do that then. ;)

Zeth07
02-10-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm thinking the Lead from the Back/Front/Middle are sort of glitched. I just played through every single game to get qualified with Ukraine trying to get Inspirational Captain as well but a midfielder i picked for cpu took Captain from me midway through the Qualifying games. I still played good enough to make the Euro group stage team and i even took over captaincy once we qualified. I got the message saying we qualified but the Lead from the Back achievement did NOT unlock. The dude i picked was Andrey Rusol who is a SW and playing defense in this mode is an absolute bore because your team is so good if you put it on Amateur. So i just wasted a whole night of playing that was like 3-4 hours. And now i somehow have to go through it all over again for a chance that it won't even unlock again...........how lame is that?

I already got Lead from the Front before but i'm almost positive i was Captain for as much as possible in the game. So i know the achievement guide said you did NOT need to qualify while being captain, yet i just did exactly what it said and it did not unlock. So either you HAVE to be captain once you qualify or right before you qualify, or it is a glitched achievement to some degree.

MiNDmaZing
04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
boah finally i got the free kick achievements thx for your tips m8s!

Barad
05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
pretty good achievements but may take some time..not too hard though..

Kawalski
07-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Hm, anyone else have trouble with the "Conquer Europe" achievement? I've beat every one of the teams I need to, as I've got their respective footballs unlocked. However, after I beat the last country I needed to [Austria] in UEFA Euro 2008 Mode, the achievement didn't unlock. s:

A HERO EMERGES
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
right i have just this second got the conquer europe achievo, that i didnt think i would get yet. as i done them all in different modes, but i have it and this is how i got it. i bought this game on the 18/10/09 yesterday for £4.99 so the achievo worked first time for me (brackets are the achievements i got in the modes i played)

18/10/09 = was connected to ea servers, could see the euro cup online torny ladder was telling me how many players were online

1st - i played in cyc mode as ukraine beat a few teams in that won the cup (man of match, captain your country, pass master, lead from the front)

2nd - went and did the finals achievos, ones with the year next to them, beat a team with this team etc in kick off mode (1992, 2000 + beat a champion ,1996, 2004, pole winner)

spain vs n ireland i did twice, 1st kick off be a pro (hat-trick healy) and the story mode(through their eyes + individual objectives).thats the only time i played spain.

also i did story mode poland vs portugal (team objectives)

not realising i should of marked of who i beat, i made that list now, the ones i beat in cyc and kick off mode i marked of as cyc or ko next to them. spain was pro/scene

19/10/09 = cant connect to ea servers

3rd - started a uefa 2008 mode and added the rest of the team i needed to beat in my qualifying group. won all my matches except for 1 croatia i drew. so only had croatia left to do, when i played them for the away match i beat them(conquer europe)

thats how i got all my achievo's in order, i played all the modes beating certain teams in them finished the rest in the uefa 2008 mode in the qualifying stage.

dont know if not connecting to ea servers has anything to do with it but i put it in the description anyway

so teams beat in order were

france = cyc
netherlands = cyc
Switzerland = cyc
Austria = cyc
Romania = cyc
germany = ko
portugal = be a pro + story
spain = be a pro + story
italy = ko
czech republic = ko
croatia = uefa 2008