PDA

View Full Version : Trick not working?

8goodking
03-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I played Stranglehold on HB in the first two missions: HK Marketplace and then Tai O. The difficulty pumps up quickly ridiculously in MegaRestaurant so I played it, Slum of Kowloon and Wong's estate on normal after hearing the hype. What hype? I tried to load the last checkpoint of Wong on HB. After many frustrating tries, I got him but the game only gave me Normal achievement? Then I followed the words and reload the final checkpoint (Wong got pushed) on HB. Still nothing. Is it a lie?:(

The Pants Party
03-18-2008, 08:18 PM
All that does is give you credit for beating Wong on Hard Boiled, so you don't actually have to fight him on Hard Boiled later... you still have to do the rest of the game on HB, but then the achievement unlocks right when you come to the fight, instead of after.

8goodking
03-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Sorry, but I don't get it. You said like the achievement can be unlocked not in order of the game.:confused:

The Pants Party
03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Basically, to get credit for beating the game on HB, you just have to do all the stages on HB at some point. You don't have it do it in order. By selecting the very last scene on HB, it gives you credit for both that scene AND the boss fight on HB. If you go into chapter select or whatever, it will say what the highest difficulty you've done each chapter on, and those will show up for being done on HB.

So, you just have to complete everything else on HB now.

8goodking
03-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Oh shit, that means I cannot run from the Megarestaurant after all. Then the Penthouse... thx anyway. It will really take some practice! Some say HB Stranglehold is the most unforgiving game! That's not true, Call of Duty 3 on Veteran is a piece of shit; but I think HB Stranglehold will be close because of the few checkpoints.