PDA

View Full Version : A problem with "Mapping the Island" achievement

Nazza
03-19-2008, 08:27 AM
WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So I followed the excellent guide posted here, and regarding to that I had to start the progress towards this achievement in chapter 4.

I photographed 1 of the 2 walls in the hatch, but I couldn't take a picture of the second wall until Sawyer and Jack (?) came in and the episode ended.

Is there any chance, besides starting the game all over from the beginning, to get this achievement anymore on this playthrough?

Jackdaw
03-19-2008, 08:32 AM
You can reply episodes so if you just reply episode 4 and this time ensure you lift the door to get you to view the second map before they come in you can then carry on to get the achievement.

Aphlix
03-19-2008, 08:32 AM
You can get it in Episode 5. Have I not put that? I'm sure I have. Lemme check.

EDIT: Yes it is there XD

Listed under Episode 5

[Complete For Later Achievement 'Mapping The Island'!]
Head over top the PC. You will get the the blast door menu. First choose to turn on all the UV lights, you will get a IQ TEST. The answers are "63" and "L". Turn on UV's, then choose to open blast doors. Take a picture of the maps you see on the doors.

Click>HIDDEN MAP (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2418/2291855672_1c9034d371_o.jpg)<Here
Click>BLAST DOOR MAP (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/2291855784_4bd6e5bddc_o.jpg)<Here

Nazza
03-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank's! I thought I could get those pictures only in chapter 4. Now I got my 1k.

FaintZero NL
03-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I think there's no way to get it in episode 4, only in 5.

Sandman1000
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I had to go back to Ep. 4 again to do it and I got it.

MightyWingo
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I had a problem with this one too. No matter how I tried to take the picture of the second blast door (one in the living area) it would not give me credit for it. I finally went back and played the episode again and then I got it on the first try...kinda weird.

nawtbird
04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
i missed taking both pictures in episode 4. you do get another shot at it in episode 5 just after you get out of the cell. just walk up to the computer and you can turn on the UV lights and open/close the door that you need to get the picture.

g2thecore
04-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I seem to have trouble finding the second hidden map. I opened blast door "A" and found that one but I can't seem to find the other one. Can anyone please direct me? Thanks.

Alexaundre
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I seem to have trouble finding the second hidden map. I opened blast door "A" and found that one but I can't seem to find the other one. Can anyone please direct me? Thanks.

I'm also having trouble finding the second map, a picture or a video would be helpful.

Shaynringan
04-10-2008, 01:29 AM
If I recall, the 2nd Blast Door map is NOT in the same bomb shelter as the one you need UV lights for.

I think the second one is later on in the game, in a House above the Flame Hatch, a piece of paper on a table. It's later on in the game with the computer that can blow you up if you put in the wrong number.

Sorry if I'm talking about the wrong thing!

Complete For Later Achievement 'Mapping The Island'!]
Head over top the PC. You will get the the blast door menu. First choose to turn on all the UV lights, you will get a IQ TEST. The answers are "63" and "L". Turn on UV's, then choose to open blast doors. Take a picture of the maps you see on the doors.
Click>HIDDEN MAP (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2418/2291855672_1c9034d371_o.jpg)<Here
Click>BLAST DOOR MAP (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/2291855784_4bd6e5bddc_o.jpg)<Here

Mapping The Island - 10 G
Photograph: Blast door map, Blast door map for the hidden entrance, Sayid's cable map in the Flame Station
To finally unlock this achievement that you started in Episode 4, just follow the final step.
- Sayid's map is in the room before you shoot in Beady Eyes, in the end of chapter 6 on a desk. The Flame station is where you meet Mikhail (Patchy).
Click>SAYID'S CABLE MAP (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2291856060_abd29452c3_o.jpg)<Here

sensespanic
04-10-2008, 07:04 AM
If I recall, the 2nd Blast Door map is NOT in the same bomb shelter as the one you need UV lights for.

I think the second one is later on in the game, in a House above the Flame Hatch, a piece of paper on a table. It's later on in the game with the computer that can blow you up if you put in the wrong number.

Sorry if I'm talking about the wrong thing!
Yea you are thinking of the wrong thing Shaynringan. The 2nd blast door map is in the Swan hatch and it does require the UV lights. The 3rd map which is Sayid's cable map is the one that is found later in the Flame hatch.

An earlier poster mentioned having problems taking a picture of the map in the Living Area and then having to replay the Episode in order to take the picture. Intially I had this same problem but I think it may have been due to the fact that I was trying to take a picture of that map (the one in the Living Area) first. In other words, it seems that it is possible that with the two maps in the Swan hatch, the order you take them in matters. So, that being said the order that worked for me was taking a picture of the map that is in the same room as the computer FIRST, then the map that is in the Living Area 2nd, and then finally Sayid's map in the Flame hatch later on when you get to it.

Also, to reaffirm, it IS possible, if not altogether easier, to take pictures of the maps in the Swan hatch during Episode 5 once you have been released from the cell by Kate.

Alexaundre
04-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Just found out that you have to re-close the first door, so once you've opened B on the computer, choose option A to close the door and go into the living area. This wasn't mentioned in the guide I was using.

jumpinjonny
04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
in chapter 4 theres no rush to photograph the two maps in the uv lights when i first played it i photographd the first map before i went on the computer to activate the doors then i ran out of time when i retried i went to to take the picture again but it said i already done it and its the same for the second map in the other room as well

Stratica11
04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
I had a little trouble with this one, too. The problem is the second map (in the living area) needs the second set of UV light OFF. The second set of UV lights are only needed for the hidden map.

Lambshot23
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
It still will not let me take the picture in the living area. I have tried everything I cant seem to get the right picture. When I finish the last episode tonight I will Try and replay eps. 5 AGAIN, seems quicker than ep. 4

JJBDude
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Yea you are thinking of the wrong thing Shaynringan. The 2nd blast door map is in the Swan hatch and it does require the UV lights. The 3rd map which is Sayid's cable map is the one that is found later in the Flame hatch.

An earlier poster mentioned having problems taking a picture of the map in the Living Area and then having to replay the Episode in order to take the picture. Intially I had this same problem but I think it may have been due to the fact that I was trying to take a picture of that map (the one in the Living Area) first. In other words, it seems that it is possible that with the two maps in the Swan hatch, the order you take them in matters. So, that being said the order that worked for me was taking a picture of the map that is in the same room as the computer FIRST, then the map that is in the Living Area 2nd, and then finally Sayid's map in the Flame hatch later on when you get to it.

Also, to reaffirm, it IS possible, if not altogether easier, to take pictures of the maps in the Swan hatch during Episode 5 once you have been released from the cell by Kate.

I would just like to confirm that this is correct.

I got the one in the room with the computer on Episode 4 then accidently finished the level before I got a picture of the 2nd map. Started level 5 and tried taking a picture of the 2nd map and it didn't work. Went back to the computer room and snapped a picture of the 1st map again, then tried the 2nd map and it worked!

Daft and stupid that, hope it clears it up for someone in the future :)

SiseUK
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Just found out that you have to re-close the first door, so once you've opened B on the computer, choose option A to close the door and go into the living area. This wasn't mentioned in the guide I was using.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :D

God, this was really p'ing me off lol!

Parkerktm
07-29-2008, 05:40 AM
You can get it in Episode 5. Have I not put that? I'm sure I have. Lemme check.

EDIT: Yes it is there XD

Listed under Episode 5

[Complete For Later Achievement 'Mapping The Island'!]

Thanks, but i'm still having trouble.

When i am done with the fuses and all, i got and turn on the lights....is that when i saw the photo of the blast door because later on the only door i see is the hidden map, even when that door opens that blast door map isn't on the other side.

Leb23ron
07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks, but i'm still having trouble.

When i am done with the fuses and all, i got and turn on the lights....is that when i saw the photo of the blast door because later on the only door i see is the hidden map, even when that door opens that blast door map isn't on the other side.

Did you turn the lights back on?

Parkerktm
07-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Did you turn the lights back on?

I went and turned those 3 switches that go down after you solve the fuse boxes, and then went and type in via domus, took the quiz, turned on all the black lights or whatever and then opened all the doors.

Blue Radium
08-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Here is how to do it.

1. Turn on the options for both a and b, turning on both blue lights.
2. Exit the computer and take a picture of the map that is on the inside of door 2 that you can no longer see when door 2 is opened.
3. Open door 2
4. Enter the room that you just opened and take a picture of the map on the wall in the room
5. Open the other 2 doors and end the mission

This way, you can get the pictures, while also being 100% sure that you don't end the game until you have both pictures taken.

uegstevie
09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
im stuck on getin the pic in the flame room
ive got the 2 in the swan jus need the 3rd 1:Bounce:

Taker447
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
im stuck on getin the pic in the flame room
ive got the 2 in the swan jus need the 3rd 1:Bounce:
for the 3rd pictrue you need to take a pictrue of the logo on the wall as you walk into the room.