PDA

View Full Version : A Day To Remember Achievement

Jay_One
03-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, I tried to do this achievement with the Mets Johan Santana. I almost did it I was on a roll. Two times I failed and the third and fourth. I couldn't pass the first inning without something smashing it out. Anyways, I decided to look at RPDFire's "Achievement Guide". I did everything he said to do. I still didn't get the achievement.

I actually turned the batting to classic because the advance batting is not so great. I was pitching with Phil Hughes and the ball went to the outfield about two times because stupid Cano can't catch a ball. But they didn't give no error. So can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Mgb5
03-21-2008, 04:28 PM
100 A Day To Remember - Throw a no-hitter using any number of pitchers (minimum 9 innings, Pro difficulty or higher).

In the Main Menu go to My2k8 settings and set the difficulty to "Legend".
Then go to Rosters area in the Main Menu and go to the Kansas City Royals. Edit all the stats of the Royals batters in Speed,Acceleration and Steal abilities to the left. Then edit all the Pitchers stats to the left but i would suggest leaving the Pitch stats (Speed,Composure etc) at zero so you arent thrown off by the super slow pitches. SAVE YOUR ROSTER!!!

Pick any team you wish

Start up an exhibition game up at Fenway Park with your created team and All-star team against the Royals team you arranged. When you are pitching intentionally walk every batter till they're on 2nd base (Hold RT and hit RS). Once they are at 2nd, Hold the LT and throw it to 2nd base to pick them off. Rinse and Repeat this scenario till the 9th inning.Since you have set the Royals speed at zero they will not be able to get back to the bag in time, This only works at 2nd base.

While you're batting just tee off on Royals pitching. Since this is on Legend it will be very easy to attain Golds and Platinums doing this you have a 50% shot per Card of getting a Gold or Platinum. Keep track of what hits your players need to get their challenge's completed. You can use any team you want against the royals to get more and more cards.(Stuckey From 3).

I found this in the achievement guide.

Jay_One
03-21-2008, 04:40 PM
100 A Day To Remember - Throw a no-hitter using any number of pitchers (minimum 9 innings, Pro difficulty or higher).

In the Main Menu go to My2k8 settings and set the difficulty to "Legend".
Then go to Rosters area in the Main Menu and go to the Kansas City Royals. Edit all the stats of the Royals batters in Speed,Acceleration and Steal abilities to the left. Then edit all the Pitchers stats to the left but i would suggest leaving the Pitch stats (Speed,Composure etc) at zero so you arent thrown off by the super slow pitches. SAVE YOUR ROSTER!!!

Pick any team you wish

Start up an exhibition game up at Fenway Park with your created team and All-star team against the Royals team you arranged. When you are pitching intentionally walk every batter till they're on 2nd base (Hold RT and hit RS). Once they are at 2nd, Hold the LT and throw it to 2nd base to pick them off. Rinse and Repeat this scenario till the 9th inning.Since you have set the Royals speed at zero they will not be able to get back to the bag in time, This only works at 2nd base.

While you're batting just tee off on Royals pitching. Since this is on Legend it will be very easy to attain Golds and Platinums doing this you have a 50% shot per Card of getting a Gold or Platinum. Keep track of what hits your players need to get their challenge's completed. You can use any team you want against the royals to get more and more cards.(Stuckey From 3).

I found this in the achievement guide.

I tried that..that's what I was trying to explain. But for some reason I still didn't get the achievement.

thuglove
03-22-2008, 07:13 AM
I tried that..that's what I was trying to explain. But for some reason I still didn't get the achievement.

same here.i tried for 3hr's tonight to get this,and every time but the last time i tried at random when i would try a pickoff the baseman would lose the ball and they would get a score and end up with 0H 1R.but that last game it was 49-0 0H 0R 0E and it still didnt popup.
mayby cause it was on legendary i dont know.i even got a card for a shutout.

Jay_One
03-22-2008, 11:09 AM
same here.i tried for 3hr's tonight to get this,and every time but the last time i tried at random when i would try a pickoff the baseman would lose the ball and they would get a score and end up with 0H 1R.but that last game it was 49-0 0H 0R 0E and it still didnt popup.
mayby cause it was on legendary i dont know.i even got a card for a shutout.

Same...Joe says "No-Hitter" and all. And it still doesn't pop up which I believe is bull. I have a Platinum Dice-K, Phil Hughes and I think a gold Josh B. card to prove I've done it more then just twice. I'm probably gonna save this one for last and do the franchise achievements which are probably the easiest in the game. Along with striking out the order and so on. I also need to do the online ones so if someone would help me with them. I'd appericate it. Thank you.