PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Shall Prevail Is Glitched

ScRibbLes1070D
03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
OK, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the virtual masters at Ubisoft have allowed yet another @!$%-up into their game. Myself and two other friends have all beaten every single level, every single scene, on Realistic mode but have yet to unlock this achievement. Now, it looks like the glitch comes by way of the order that you play it on Realistic. Myself, for example, I started story mode on Normal, but switched to Realistic after I finished the third level, and then, onces I beat the game, I went back to do the first three levels on Realistic, but, after I did that, and had all the levels done on Realistic, no Freedom Shall Prevail. I've started a thread at the Ubisoft forums for Vegas 2 to let them know about this, and think you should all know lest you don't be screwed over.

l2evo
03-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Actually it is probably glitched for you but I got the achievement easily. Make sure you check if you did all levels and scenes on Realistic.

|oneyedNewb|
03-21-2008, 06:05 PM
the achievement unlocked fine for me but my bro didn't have too much luck tho but we replayed the last bit and he finally got it.

BIGFLY7
03-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Didn't unlock for me either. The story is almost too crap to play through again as well.:mad:

voorhees88
03-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Didn't unlock for me either. The story is almost too crap to play through again as well.:mad:

EXACTLY how i feel! when you combine R6V with the story in this, it's terrible, But, an achievement is an achievement none the less, so, i hope i don't get glitched, i've already lost my Pvt1st class achieve forever!

P.S I got the glitch, no 75g

Maka
03-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I played the first two levels on normal, and restarted the entire story on Realistic playing Co-op, should I still get it?

liquidswordz88
03-21-2008, 06:50 PM
yea i just finished the story mode on realistic with a friend i was the host and in the end he got the achievement and i didn't, makes no sense to me

FreaKyDeaKy
03-21-2008, 06:58 PM
unlocked fine for me. played the game in co op and let me ppl join me.

ScRibbLes1070D
03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, I just unlocked it by playing a scene that I had already completed twice on Realistic. Very bizarre.

BigEasy
03-24-2008, 05:12 AM
I just beat it on realistic no achievement.......

theman
03-24-2008, 07:06 AM
I ended the game twice on realistic as the host and knight and no achievement. I even replayed the first and last stages and still no achievement. this sucks.

Wingman709
03-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Just finished it on Realistic and don't have the achievement. Does anyone have the link to the issue posted in the Ubisoft forums?

happysox
03-24-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm glad I started out on realistic. But now I am worried that I might not get it anyway.

glock18forlife
03-24-2008, 10:22 AM
If you play split screen co-op for instance, only the 2nd player will get the achievement.

I noticed that after i had finished the game and only the other GT got it. So i re-did the last level, and played as the 2nd player. It unlocked after that.

Skai
03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
at the last level was it you who shot the last guy after his 4 hour speech if your not the one to kill him you won't get achievements this happened to me on another achieve but I hope it's not glitched thats alot of work.

Lambshot23
03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I just beat it on realistic no achievement.......

Ditto ..I started on normal then got invite from buddy, beat the game on realistic , tried to go back to finish first two chapters...NO ACHIEVEMENT!!!

I have a check mark on every scene ..have tried to go back and try certain chapters also redid the last scene and shot the guy ...NO LUCK I am not going to redo the entire story for 75g

stu375
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I havent got there yet , still sneaking round the convention centre ( I have to time share the xbox with my 8 year old ). Seems to me Ubisoft needs to put out some kind of press release to us R6 fans. Explain how they could F**k up so much on one of there more prestige games. If I dont get the achievement I will be well pissy about it. :mad:!!!

BTHR Zero X
03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
i did this last night with a friend we have done every lvl on casual - normal - realistic and they are all ticked and we dont have the achievement its kinda weird

MANORISM 999
03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
just sit tight people they gunna bring out a patch

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=1991064316&m=8221049246&r=3071043346#3071043346

Sanction
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
That's weird, me and Maka got it by playing on casual but we got headshots with silenced weapons on every enemy.

Maybe that's a fix? :p

BTHR Zero X
03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
i did this last night with a friend we have done every lvl on casual - normal - realistic and they are all ticked and we dont have the achievement its kinda weird i have just gone through it again with my friend again(same friend) and she got it and i didnt this is (sorry for swearing)FUCKED!!! had to be said

Sir Killalot 91
03-25-2008, 01:21 AM
I had the same exact issue, I hosted as Bishop and did not get the achievement, while my buddy, playing as Knight, did. I was pretty pissed, but we replayed the final mission, with me as the second player, and I got the achievement. I would definitely give that I try if you're having this issue, before replaying the game or something.

benbam87
03-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Ok so what worked for me was after I beat it all on realistic just play ANY chapter but join the game ie 2nd player after you get the 5 point achievement for doing a chapter as the coop player it will unlock!!!

THE KURGAN
03-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Both me and my mate have done this 1st he hosted then I hosted but for some reason neither of us has the achievement and further more for some strange reason no matter what I do what level I do it on NEVADA DESERT achievement wont unlock and showdown wont acknowledge that I have done it on realistic even though I have done this 3-4 times but acknowledged it on casual the 1st time and gave me the estate achievement but still no FREEDOM SHALL PREVAIL or NEVADA DESERT completed achievements I phoned Microsoft and apparently they are being flooded with similar complaints and yes I have cleared my cache and tried Nevada desert again with no luck any all ideas to resolve this are welcome.

Wingman709
03-31-2008, 04:17 AM
I phoned Microsoft and apparently they are being flooded with similar complaints...

Microsoft has nothing to do with this. You need to call Ubisoft.

Sonnenberg
03-31-2008, 04:19 AM
it is a poor game

X monkfish69 X
03-31-2008, 06:51 AM
I've gotten all the achievements that relate to the Realistic settings. I just played through all the levels on both difficulties on both single player and co-op in order.

Also did the same with the terrorist hunts with a friend and we both got the TH achievements at the same time.

Job Done !

( If people are maybe doing things the wrong way then does that mean it's glitched or just a bit too specific for the achievement requirements ? )

Bishop24
03-31-2008, 06:59 AM
you have to do all the achievments on realistic on one playthrough...you can't play the first 3 on normal....then play the rest on realistic and then go back to play the first 3 on realistic....you have to do it all in one playthrough...you can't go back and redo it on realistic...

THE KURGAN
04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I did i got the game i did the play as knight thing to get private first class then signed in and got the welcome back bonus and did it on realistic two sittings with same person him hosting and got no achievements for nevada or completion then i hosted in realistic and still no achievements no idea why it seems that a lot of people are having trouble with the complete game on realistic achievement but it seems im on my own for individual lvl achievements glitching.

As for contacting ubisoft good look and expect a heafty phone bill and lots of unanswered emails.

INSANEKID13
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
this unlocked fine for me i played a mix of solo, multi and both as knight and bishop... however my friend played it the same way and nothing...then he said he jumped in a few games with someone else and out of nowhere the acheivement poped up WTF...

i also noticed that if i go into my acheiviments page i am missing the ribbon for playing one level as co-player but i do have that acheivement... was wondering if this was causing the glitch for people?

anyways from what people are telling me just play random levels and it will pop up soon enough

Archonfury
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
just do the campaign by yourself solo and it works fine, I also have achievements with no ribbons, but meh, I could care less, its not like that screen is actually good for anything, it doesnt even tell you how many games youve completed/ amount of kills you have left.

SiseUK
04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I finally got the achievement tonight!!!!! :woop:

I got my friend to host a co-op game on realistic. We started from the beginning of the game. Mainly so I could get my "Knight" achievements, and he could try for the FSP achievement and I could help him complete the game.

Anyway, at the end of the first level, up pops my "That Wasn't So Hard" achievement. Then, seconds later, "Freedom Shall Prevail". So give that a go!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/nosey/01042008567.jpg

Legend Has It 1
04-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm having the same issue, I'll give these a try and hopefully the achievement unlocks.

THE KURGAN
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I have done all my knight missions and dont have the ribbon either i have hosted but will try the suggestion of joining random games and try that but has anyone else had a problem with a certain level not giving them the achievement plus i had to do showdown 5 times before it gave me the tick but even then no achievement im currently -100 points but all I can do is try these new suggestions.........

jxspyder
04-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Big hint. Don't look to see whether or not you have the achievement from the in game rewards menu. Actually look it up through your gamertag/dashboard. The ribbon is glitchy, and doesn't always show up, even though you have the achievement.

THE KURGAN
04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I did as suggested and joined another game and this time it was on normal but I thought about what was said and after showdown the freedom shall prevail achievement popped but I did notice one thing the dubious missing ribbon was there but now my gamescore looks very weird in the case of I have all but one levels completed with achievements and freedom shall prevail but still it hasnt given me the completed nevada desert achievement and looks very dodgy indeed and have now done nevada desert at all difficulties but nothing. I hope someone can figure this out as im sure I cant be the only one with this problem and many thanks for all the suggestions previously that got me my freedom achievement to pop thanks but I still need a solution for the nevada level which im going to call the area 51 achievement as its such a mystery...

o0EVIL0o x360a
04-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I did as suggested and joined another game and this time it was on normal but I thought about what was said and after showdon the freedom shall prevail achievement popped but I did notice one thing the dubious missing ribbon was there but now my gamescore looks very weird in the case of I have all but one levels completed with achievements and freedom shall prevail but still it hasnt given me the completed nevada desert achievement and looks very dodgy indeed and have now done nevada desert at all difficulties but nothing. I hope someone can figure this out as im sure I cant be the only one with this problem and many thanks for all the suggestions previously that got me my freedom achievement to pop thanks but I still need a solution for the nevada level which im going to call the area 51 achievement as its such a mystery...

To fix FSP, you played a stage as Knight (off host) that you hadn't played as him before previously correct??

THE KURGAN
04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
No I had completed the entire game as knight 2times previously and once as host also solo in casual not in normal though i joined at nevada hoping it would pop the completed nevada desert achievement but it didnt and i only stopped in for a bit of fun and the FSP achievement poped after we had finished showdown still havent got the completed nevada achievement.