PDA

View Full Version : Vesper, other pretty much pros at this game...

IceKingz
03-22-2008, 12:29 AM
I need a confidence booster. So far, I have just finished the game by beating Quest mode and got the all songs achievement for 100 pts. Now I'm at 860 and I have to finish the challenges. I won't attempt this for a little while but I just want to know:
-Is this seriously possible? I can be very dedicated to things but I need to know if I'm wasting my time here or not, if I keep practicing, I don't care if it takes me months but I would love to get those achievements.
-How can I practices some songs? So far I'm at Superior, I think, and there's one challenge that's very fast and has the no repeats rule. I'm getting pretty much nowhere on here and I need to know how I can practice songs like these so I can memorize them instead of guessing.

III Vesper III
03-22-2008, 01:25 AM
I know you all heard this before But I am releasing a guide (No really I am). I am completing both ddr 1 and 2 again on another account of mine as im writing the guide. Take a break and play some relaxing games for a bit till i post it. You can do it, You can only get better at things not worse. The time it takes you is what sets the difference from everyone.

IceKingz
03-22-2008, 02:53 AM
:DHaha, thanks! Vesper, you are the coolest gamer I have ever seen. Don't worry about me being preoccupied =P I got about 10 different games I'm still working on, I just love to solo some out and stupid GH3 and CoD4 always take up that time, their such addicting games. DDR is also becoming one of my commonly played games too, I'm starting to really like it especially with the controller.

III Vesper III
03-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Finished DDR1 again, Now going to start DDR2 again. Honestly its going to be a long road ahead for you. This isn't a game of luck though, 5 months ago it took me 20 days to finish DDR1 challenge mode, This time it only took me 7 hours in 1 night. A huge difference and just goes to show that you improve immensely from it.

I forgot to mention you can send me a friend request on my new account I'm using for the guides. I'll add MustKill9 too.

add II Vesperia II

EDIT *DDR 1 and DDR 2 COMPLETE*

iceefudgesickle
04-20-2008, 05:25 AM
I don't have this sequel but I completed all the challenges on DDR Universe for the full 1000. Yes, it is possible, but you need to be very good at DDR, and you need to try to find a way to make it easier on yourself. First of all, use a controller.

Although I don't have this particular game, I know in DDR Universe 1, one annoying thing is when they would put a bunch of "poison" arrows in songs and if you hit them, you lose. In this case, I turned off all the lights in the room so that the only light came from the TV, and then I put my eyes RIGHT in front of the TV. May not have been good for my eyes, but that was the only easy way to differentiate between the poison arrows and the regular arrows because they look almost the same.

Another trick I used was for a challenge where you could only hit 16th notes, but not 8th or 4th notes. I found a chart of all the notes online with clear red/blue/yellow colors. I simply looked at that chart to figure out which notes I was supposed to hit rather than actually trying to figure out which ones were 16th notes (which would basically be impossible considering how odd the notes in the song were).

For another one in DDRU 1, they put the song on a very low speed mod so that you could barely tell the notes were moving, and you had to hit only the simultaneous arrows. For this one, I took a video of the song being played on regular speed. Then I started the video and the challenge at the same time so that I could watch the notechart at regular speed and only hit the simultaneous arrows, because they were much easier to distinguish on regular speed.

So, basically, you need to find small things that will help you. If a modifier is what makes the challenge hard, take a video of the song being played regularly and watch the video as you play the challenge so that the modifier won't affect you. Modifiers are the main culprit for most of the challenges, at least in DDRU 1. I hope my tips can help you for #2, I'm planning on getting this one soon because it's pretty quick achievement points at least for me since I've been playing DDR for a long time.

Wompa164
04-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Another trick I used was for a challenge where you could only hit 16th notes, but not 8th or 4th notes. I found a chart of all the notes online with clear red/blue/yellow colors. I simply looked at that chart to figure out which notes I was supposed to hit rather than actually trying to figure out which ones were 16th notes (which would basically be impossible considering how odd the notes in the song were).

Why not just turn on the Solo modifier? This makes the arrows show up on the screen exactly as you describe: red/blue/yellow = 4th/8th/16th notes.

boofarama
06-18-2008, 05:52 AM
these games are fun to play for fun!!!!

iceefudgesickle
06-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Why not just turn on the Solo modifier? This makes the arrows show up on the screen exactly as you describe: red/blue/yellow = 4th/8th/16th notes.

Um, have you even played the game? You can't put mods on Challenge Mode, all the mods are preset. The "Flat" modifier was on.

IceKingz
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Uh, where has Vesper gone to? Vesper hasn't been on XBL for almost 2 months now and hasn't posted one thing on the forums in a long time...anyone have any ideas?

III Vesper III
07-12-2008, 06:14 AM
^_^;;;;;;;

IceKingz
07-22-2008, 02:01 AM
*starts shaking and fanning myself* OH MY GOSH! YOUR BACK OH MY GOSH! Haha just kidding but that's cool you are still around, I thought you just left. What have you been doing Vesper? Working on those 'impossible' achievements that only you can pull off still?

III Vesper III
08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
haha yeah i'll be bouncing back into the scene here. Summer = Tournaments

been going all over the place. Vegas anyone?

YouTube - Evolution 2008: Fighting Game Championships Mini-Trailer
http://www.evo2k.com/