PDA

View Full Version : Beat on Realistic? Did or Didn't Get the Achievement? Discuss Here.

Pages : [1] 2

The Pants Party
03-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Clearly something is going on, but we clearly don't need every person in the world to make a thread about this. If you got it, explain what you did. If you didn't, explain what you did. Maybe someone will figure out exactly what the deal is.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

1. If you played co-op and were host, but did not get the achievement... have a friend host a co-op game and you should get it after a few scenes, if not the first one.

Darkjay7991
03-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Yeah today I completed it with my friend. Now we beat every mission and there are checks on realistic for every scene and act. We redid the first level on realistic. Yet nothing. OH and we know we did it on realistic because of the xp we got for kills and the fact it we have the checks for it. What I am wondering is how some people have the achivement while us that have this glitch don't have it...

ZZBroncos
03-22-2008, 06:55 AM
lol I did it with my buddy and got the achievement and he did not. We did from begining to end today so its very glitched. Coincidently, he beat canpaign 5 times on realistic on R6V and never got it... Connection? Maybe, but need more people to confirm

XFOX 1
03-22-2008, 06:58 AM
i posted in the thread on page 3 i went through the whole game me as host on realistic and got nothing i then joined a co op game at the start with some dude to get the second player achievements and after about 2 levels it just popped up hope this helps

G3 Camo
03-22-2008, 07:14 AM
I HAVE KINDA FIXED THE GLITCH!!! it worked for me and my friend. We finished playing in Co-op niether get an achievement we start over i was host. we play the first mission and he gets the achievement. i beat the game again with someone new in Co-op still no achievement for either of us. my friend makes a lobby co-op and we beat first scene of first mission i get the achievement.

thats what happen idk know if thats how it works but that happend for me

The Danielnator
03-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Beat it on realistic first play though, did act 1 alone, act 2 and some of 3 in split screen co op and the rest in online co op as knight, except the last act i did as bishop, got all the achievements.:drunk

WntrWolf
03-22-2008, 10:11 AM
There are achievements for playing as Knight. Anyone think to factor in this when completing it all? I wonder how many people that have the achievement played as both chars and have the achievements for it

Flying Saffa
03-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I think the first thing to do is to check whether every scene is ticked in Realistic. I have found one of mine that hasn't been completed, because the mate I was playing co-op with continued after I left. He was host. I was back a few hours later and completed it, but never received the achievement.
I'm definitely not as sharp as DarkJay....

stronglikepepsi
03-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I played some levels completely solo, some levels people jumped in via live and then jumped out, I joined other people's games so I played pretty much every way you could think of and I got all of the achievements with no problem.

I also didn't even beat the levels in order. I beat levels 1&2 on realistic then level 4 on normal, then 3,4,5,6,7 on realistic and no problems getting the achievement.

FredOnToast
03-22-2008, 11:04 AM
My friend and I played co-op story on Realistic through Live and at the end, we each got the achievement, for completing the level and the entire story-line. We stayed with each other throughout the entire story, so it was just us two, and no others jumping in and out.

vI Starlight Iv
03-22-2008, 11:52 AM
worked through it chapter by chapter without ever changing difficulty and it popped for us both then did it with another freind popped for him to. i think u haver to do the levels 1 at a time and not play at any other difficulties between levels etc

willy134uk
03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
same here made a thread the other day,on vegas 1 the only way to get round it was to do realistic without turning your 360 off,i did it 3 times be4 realising this then ubi released a update that fixed it!

im guessing the same has happened with this

Vista
03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I have been between host and Knight (for the achievement for the 10 chapters). I am about 3/4 the way through the campaign. hopefully I get it. I will update later today when I beat it.

|oneyedNewb|
03-22-2008, 02:20 PM
sorta got lucky with this i guess, i played through the first level on normal before touching the realistic side then started from scratch. maybe you should try that, my borther didn't get the achievement but all we did was replay the last scene and bobs you're uncle we got it.

did the last scene 1st time too so high five lol

Shdowknight
03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I went through it all as bishop (ie the host), didnt miss a scene - kinda hard if you're hosting it, lol. Some solo, some coop. No realistic achievment. Ill try going through the first level (as bishop, if not then knight) and see if I get it then. Ill let you know

Shdowknight
03-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Nope, played both as bishop and knight for the entire first mission, both scenes. So, that didnt work for me - I even doublechecked the checklist in scene selection. I tried the last mission again solo, completed it, watched full credits, nothing. It could be many different things for different people, I just hope ubi fixes it soon, along with pfc.

KRAZY KILLLER
03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Me AND my friend GOT the achievement and he was knight the first 10 scenes(meaning I hosted) then he hosted so I could be knight for the rest of the game. Kind of confusing why you guys didn't get it and that much suck :(

Darkjay7991
03-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah seriously. I rechecked if everythign is done and I redid the 1st level 3 times now....nothing. I hope a patch will come soon.

I Lynch012 I
03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Guys this is a thread for if you didn't get it, we don't need people saying that they did, it doesn't help at all.

Anywho I beat all T-Hunts on Realistic and didn't get it.

HeroFromHyrule
03-22-2008, 07:00 PM
While I haven't beaten it on realistic, I did complete it on Normal via online co-op. I had to replay the last scene by myself because the game did not give me credit for completing it. The only thing I can think of that may have caused it was that I shot Gabe at the end of the game (I was Knight) instead of the host (who was obviously Bishop). Everything else was just as it should have been, except that in the co-op game I killed Gabe and I was not given credit for completing the game, even though the credits rolled and everything.

HighlanderII
03-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Just finished on realistic playing coop as knight and no achievement but my friend that was hosting did get it

Raptor xTMx
03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
I beat it and got the achievement and my friend hosted the first half and I hosted the other half so that we could also get the achievements for playing as Knight!

Phil uk26
03-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I have completed the story mode on realistic three times now, once on coop and twice on singleplayer but i still haven't got the achievement. My last run threw on singleplayer was constant play from start to end, no loading saves. All my checkboxes on scene selection are ticked, this is very poor programming to be blunt...

Hopefully they will release a patch 'soon' that checks peoples checkboxes and unlocks it that way. I was not happy not being able to get the full 1000 points to start with because the game gave me a higher rank from the start (it should of just unlocked PFC in my opinion when it gave me the bonus EXP), now that appears to be just the icing on the cake as more bugs slowly but surely roll out.

UBISOFT, stop selling fautly software just because you can patch VIA a internet connection, your beginning to look like EA with your shoddy programming..

EDIT:

I have just found a new problem.. The achievement called 'THAT WASN'T SO HARD' is unlocked when viewing achievements from the xbox dashboard but when i view achievements using the rewards option ingame it is not unlocked and does not show the ribbon.

I'm beginning to regret wasting my money on this game, it is clearly still in the BETA stage when you take into account all the different problems people are experiencing.

BamBamBradley
03-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I hosted the first 3 levels then my friend hosted the last 4 and in the end I got it but he didn't!

CORPSE CRISIS
03-23-2008, 12:34 AM
i had a friend who did it in one run and got the achievement..

Badhazard
03-23-2008, 01:17 AM
My friend hosted first 3 levels (i thought i had to beat the entire game as bishop but found out only 10 scenes), so i hosted the rest of the game, WE BOTH GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT! so it works.

look at my achievements and search Pasee

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Pasee

While I haven't beaten it on realistic, I did complete it on Normal via online co-op. I had to replay the last scene by myself because the game did not give me credit for completing it. The only thing I can think of that may have caused it was that I shot Gabe at the end of the game (I was Knight) instead of the host (who was obviously Bishop). Everything else was just as it should have been, except that in the co-op game I killed Gabe and I was not given credit for completing the game, even though the credits rolled and everything.

I hosted the last levels (Im bishop) my friend was knight. He shot gabe. still got the achievement. we did completed story in 2 nights.

Mr Hey
03-23-2008, 05:14 AM
I have checks next to every mother fucking scene on realistic, but no achievement. I had the later levels already done in real, so today I beat all of the early ones I had only played on normal. Fucking waste of my last three hours. Id really appreciate any ideas.

maddog walker
03-23-2008, 05:24 AM
whoever hosts the game will get the achievement----just go back and play the last part with the helicopter and you will get the achievements for the last level and game completed

Mr Hey
03-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Ill try hosting the last part on realistic, even though I joined my friends game on normal and I got the Estate (level completion) achievement even though I wasnt host. Fuckity fuck fuck everyone I know whos been it has it!

JonHu
03-23-2008, 06:00 AM
My friend was host. I was Knight. We played over 2 days. He got the achievement and I did not. I had all "Realistic" checked except for the last one... I did re-play the last part (Showdown) as the host and I did not receive it.

I wonder if starting the game as "Single Player" or "Co-op" in the Story menu has something to do with it.

Tyrannical Duck
03-23-2008, 06:04 AM
I got the achievement, right on time. Here's what I did. I don't know if it differs from what most people did.

I hosted a Co-Op Private game, and played with a friend. We beat a couple acts, then played some T-hunts. I hosted another Co-op Private game, and did "continue" or whatever the choice was. Every time I made a new coop game, it was private and I continued from last scene. It was also with the same person the entire time. Me and him beat the entire game together, and we both got the achievement. He also got the "high five" achievements.

aomeba1
03-23-2008, 06:54 AM
so a friend and i completed story on realistic yesterday and no achievment for either of us, he was host. I then hosted as suggested and it popped up for him during second act, great, however nothing for me. We then started a new story on realistic, he hosted for half and then I hosted and was bishop for final scene, beat on realistic again from start to finish same day but nothing. Any thoughts?

richie0331
03-23-2008, 07:16 AM
whoever hosts the game will get the achievement----just go back and play the last part with the helicopter and you will get the achievements for the last level and game completed
that was the first thing i did and it did not work bro

m00n22
03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I played 2 times from beginning to end, one as host with 1 mate (he got it as knight). Then 1 time as single player.

No achievement. Played the last level like 10 times now, still no achievement.

Gonna try the first few levels as knight, see if that helps...

Phil uk26
03-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I have completed the story mode on realistic three times now, once on coop and twice on singleplayer but i still haven't got the achievement. My last run threw on singleplayer was constant play from start to end, no loading saves. All my checkboxes on scene selection are ticked, this is very poor programming to be blunt...

Hopefully they will release a patch 'soon' that checks peoples checkboxes and unlocks it that way. I was not happy not being able to get the full 1000 points to start with because the game gave me a higher rank from the start (it should of just unlocked PFC in my opinion when it gave me the bonus EXP), now that appears to be just the icing on the cake as more bugs slowly but surely roll out.

UBISOFT, stop selling fautly software just because you can patch VIA a internet connection, your beginning to look like EA with your shoddy programming..

EDIT:

I have just found a new problem.. The achievement called 'THAT WASN'T SO HARD' is unlocked when viewing achievements from the xbox dashboard but when i view achievements using the rewards option ingame it is not unlocked and does not show the ribbon.

I'm beginning to regret wasting my money on this game, it is clearly still in the BETA stage when you take into account all the different problems people are experiencing.

I managed to unlock the realistic achievement this morning that was not unlocking. I 'joined' a realistic COOP game on the first level (negotiations), as soon as i eliminated the hostage takers and walked into the checkpoint the realistic achievement unlocked. Also, the ribbon for 'THAT WASN'T SO HARD' that was missing from my rewards appeared.

Mr Hey
03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Ya, I noticed that ribbon was missing and if it had anything to do with the realistic achievement. Ill try playing on negotiations, or even further. I just want to get the campaign achievement over with because I like the terrorist hunts and mp a lot better, plus I cant play for a while. And is the host or the person who joins knight?

WntrWolf
03-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I just got the achievment. My friend and I did the co-op story line. He played as bishop the whole way and I played as Knight the whole way through. We didnt even have to start another new round at the begining like some were saying. We did anyway so that he could get the Knight achievements.

Anyone else that got the achievment, did you get all of the knight achievements? 1 5 and 10 rounds as knight? My ribbon didnt show up until after I recieved the realistic achiement.

cSELECT
03-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Sup, Well i was one of the people who didn't get the achievement for passing the story on realistic. I just unlocked it after trying for over 4 times. I'm thinking my mistake was playing the story,stopped mid way then joined some1 else's room coop a few stages ahead. (specuation only) There is no EXACT method on unlocking it/preventing it from getting "glitched" as i have talked to a few people who it has happened to and they all have different stories on what happened supposedly.

All you can wish for playing coop or not is that you don't end up with the short end of the stick. Cant believe how glitchy these achievements have been. They sometimes don't unlock when supposed to. (It took me an extra 20 or so kills to get the 150 shotty kills achiev).

This is really retarded how UBICRAP didn't do much Beta R&D on this game, they slapped a RSV name on it and just shoved it out to the masses knowing we'll buy anyways.:p

Knight is the NON HOST player. He's the guy who cant give orders to the "Worthless AI". (is it only me or does any1 else think they AI partners are IDIOTS who get u killed more than they help)

Mr Hey
03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I am going to eventually try playing through a few scenes non-host and host and just messing around. Lots of weird things in this game, like at the end of the first level, if you throw grenade at this one pillar, it counts as a kill and then an infinite amount of bad guys come running out and never stop, thats how I got my shotgun achievement. Sucks you had to play it through so many times, hopefully Ubisoft says/does something about this and good luck to all the pimps out there.

S1xthNY
03-23-2008, 05:47 PM
i tryed hosting last night and replaying a section and it didnt work so i just randomly joined somebodies co op campaign and beat a level and boom!.. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!...glad i finally got it

ScRibbLes1070D
03-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Same here, I played the whole thing on Realistic, didn't get the achievement, and then, two days later, I went and randomly played the first mission and got it after I completed the first scene.

x_Silxx_x
03-23-2008, 08:10 PM
I've got the same issue. I think i completed the first 4 missions on my own at Normal difficuilty. I then joined a friends game, who was on the mission before me. We completed the game on Realistic, i got all the achievementes for being the second player, plus achievements for the levels which i hadn't played yet. I then went back to single player on my own and completed the first few levels again on Realistic. All scenes are now ticked. No achievements.

I completed the last scene with the helicopter again, on my own, to see if anything would happen. Nothing!

I think i'll get my friend to host another game and play through the first few scenes again to see if it works.

So now im down 85G, since not only is this achievement glitched, but i also lost the 10G from skipping past the 'Private First Class' achievement.

Darkjay7991
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Okay...I still don't have it. I did the last level AND the first over 5 times. I played the game over 2 times on Realistic and nothing! Seriously this is a waste of my time! Does anyone have any idea of a patch or something. I have all the checks and did any suggestions that people gave me....

Darkjay7991
03-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Sup, Well i was one of the people who didn't get the achievement for passing the story on realistic. I just unlocked it after trying for over 4 times. I'm thinking my mistake was playing the story,stopped mid way then joined some1 else's room coop a few stages ahead. (specuation only) There is no EXACT method on unlocking it/preventing it from getting "glitched" as i have talked to a few people who it has happened to and they all have different stories on what happened supposedly.

All you can wish for playing coop or not is that you don't end up with the short end of the stick. Cant believe how glitchy these achievements have been. They sometimes don't unlock when supposed to. (It took me an extra 20 or so kills to get the 150 shotty kills achiev).

This is really retarded how UBICRAP didn't do much Beta R&D on this game, they slapped a RSV name on it and just shoved it out to the masses knowing we'll buy anyways.:p

Knight is the NON HOST player. He's the guy who cant give orders to the "Worthless AI". (is it only me or does any1 else think they AI partners are IDIOTS who get u killed more than they help)

I guess thats how you feel, but when me and my friend did realitic the first time the AI came in handy at certain times. (Like when we tagged enimies or told them to clear a room because we didn't feel like doing it) Plus if one is down the other can just be commanded to heal the other. They didn't bother me unless I needed them to do something but they would take forever to get to that task or to move to cover.

UAEspirit
03-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Okay...I still don't have it. I did the last level AND the first over 5 times. I played the game over 2 times on Realistic and nothing! Seriously this is a waste of my time! Does anyone have any idea of a patch or something. I have all the checks and did any suggestions that people gave me....

same here !! i played the 1st level over 10 times and tryed it alone and while i am the host and and last mission also but nothing !! that thing pissed me off :mad:

Matt Jo
03-23-2008, 09:40 PM
so has there been a common problem diagnosed yet? cuz im gettin this game soon and I dont wanna put the time and effort into beating Realistic only to have it glitched, so is there a common problem tht seems to be glitching it

CerbuzVX
03-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I had the same problem, i didn't get the achievement but my mate did, but we just did the chopper part again and i got it, If you haven't gotten the achievement you should try to do last mission again, if not i don't know =/.

SolvingJunk
03-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Me and a buddy got into the single player and played half of it with me hosting so he got the Knite achievements and the other half he hosted so I got the Knite achievements and both of us got the achievement for beating it on realistic...

Livewire9
03-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Me and my mate just finished realistic over xbox live, i was host for all of it and when we got to showdown i was the one to shoot gabe i hear him getting the achievment and then i do not get it , i hosted the entire thing over 2 days and even tried him hosting the first mission and completing that and nothing, so im lost for idea i fucking hate ubisoft they waste my time with thier failings...

voorhees88
03-23-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm having the same problems as most people here, my friend hosts the first half so i get the knight achieve, i host the second half so he gets the knight achieve, we complete it and he's 75g better off! Where's the logic in that?!

Matt Jo
03-24-2008, 12:03 AM
i've been reading through this trying to figure out a pattern or a common mistake but i cant find it?? this really should be brought to Ubisoft's attention along with the other glitches

Mr Hey
03-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Next week Ima try playing the last 3 levels on realistic because I have only beat them once on real, compared to the earlier ones. Ima host it becuz when I beat them earlier I wasnt host. I betta get that achievement or I will eat ubisoft's children. If that doesnt do anything Ill try playing the first level/last level and Ill let you know if anything works. Fuckin give me my achievement, buttholes sucking hoes!

BlueWolf
03-24-2008, 12:18 AM
I just got it

I completed it on coop with a friend and he got it (even tho he did fuck all lol), I hosted

We played The first mission again with him hosting and nothing, so then replayed the very last part(showdown) again and I made sure I was the one to shoot Gabe, and i got it, maybe shooting gabe is what triggers it as it came up straight away

i had also done over half the campaign on realistic with others as well as the coop play through with my mate

Matt Jo
03-24-2008, 12:48 AM
so maybe u gotta be the one who shoots Gabe and you can't be the host when you do it??

Blind x360a
03-24-2008, 01:09 AM
No, I didn't shoot Gabe and Krueger and I got the achievement. We also switched host in them middle.

BlueWolf
03-24-2008, 05:11 AM
so maybe u gotta be the one who shoots Gabe and you can't be the host when you do it??

I dunno but switching it round host wise and me shooting Gabe did it, it came up as soon he hit the floor

SevDelta
03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

1. If you played co-op and were host, but did not get the achievement... have a friend host a co-op game and you should get it after a few scenes, if not the first one.
This worked for me. Got it after first scene.

TheKillerFreak
03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
I just did it all by myself and got the achievement no problem =S

SevDelta
03-24-2008, 09:05 PM
I just did it all by myself and got the achievement no problem =S
I think doing it on co-op is when the majority of the problem lies.

Matt Jo
03-24-2008, 09:29 PM
ye it seems tht way
well is it hard to do by yourself?
also is Ubisoft aware of this problem?

DanteTheDutch
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I beated it on normal the first time and then on realistic the second time,both playthroughs i did it alone and no achievement for me.

Matt Jo
03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
someone told me this
"It turns out that if you play coop as bishop and complete the game on realistic only night gets the achievment. The way to fix it is to play a scene (any scene) as KNIGHT (very important, you must be player 2 this time). The achivement pops up as soon as you clear the scene."

true or not?

TheKillerFreak
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
someone told me this
"It turns out that if you play coop as bishop and complete the game on realistic only night gets the achievment. The way to fix it is to play a scene (any scene) as KNIGHT (very important, you must be player 2 this time). The achivement pops up as soon as you clear the scene."

true or not?

Not true.

I played the story on my own, from start to finish, and managed to get the achievement. I've still never played Co-Op.

bartman
03-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok well I felt all your frustrations...until an hour ago. A friend told me to join an Xbox Live match on the very first scene. Immediately after reaching the outfitting box, the achievement popped up. I jumped around with glee having hosted 2 full run throughs of the game. This is very poor from Ubi.

chenry
03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
I beat it solo on realistic and no achievement for me. I'm pretty irritated since the Refinery level on is really hard solo.

Nice job, Ubi.

[EDIT 03/24/2008 11:48 pm] Found Fix:
I finished a scene as Knight and it gave me the achievement.

Wingman709
03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I did not get it. I also had the same issue with Halo 3 Legendary. Had everything checked off but did not get the achievement. I did get it eventually just out of the blue. So I am guessing the same will happen with the R6V2 Realistic achievement.

mslot722
03-25-2008, 04:38 AM
I did the whole thing by myself, and finished the last level and a half, still as Bishop, but had a friend on splitscreen, and didn't get the achievement......i finally beat one on realistic and they dont give it to me....

saeed999
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
phewwwww, just got it, all i did was....

i completed the whole game as co-op host on realistic = no acheivement
i then completed 5 scenes as co-op partner (any scenes), then up it came = acheivement unlocked 75g

Now, im sure this wont work for all off you, but until we can put our finger on what actually does trigger the acheivement try this. It worked for me.
url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/SHAH+85]http://card.mygamercard.net/SHAH+85.png[/url]

Gigapotts
03-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Hmm is anybody else having the problem that, whilst playing on realistic- the game randomly freezes, ive noticed it freezes when "player 2" goes into the helicopter first, or when player two deploys snake cam at random doors...

does this mean player 2 cannot deploy snake cam or ride in the helicopter :(

UAEspirit
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Finally got it guys !!!!! after playing like 50 times the 1st mission and the last mission

this is how it worked withe me i hosted a public match played till act 3 !! and nothing closed the game and joined a coop match and played the last mission and pop got it !!

Aecas
03-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Played the entire game from start to finish with a mate of mine on Live Co-op, and got the achievement without any problems.

Crimsonthrone
03-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I HAVE KINDA FIXED THE GLITCH!!! it worked for me and my friend. We finished playing in Co-op niether get an achievement we start over i was host. we play the first mission and he gets the achievement. i beat the game again with someone new in Co-op still no achievement for either of us. my friend makes a lobby co-op and we beat first scene of first mission i get the achievement.

thats what happen idk know if thats how it works but that happend for me

I didnt get the achievement first of all so i tried getting my friend to host the coop game and did act 1 scene 1 and i got the achievement so i can confirm that this works

basti memphis
03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Hello.

I completed the last Mission Yesterday but didn't got it.
I played the first Mission as Knight with some random players. It popped up after 7 or 8 tries.

I got the Achievement for "Playing 10 Missions as Knight" but Ingame i didn't got the badge. :/

aomeba1
03-25-2008, 01:38 PM
ok you were right it won't work for all of us, lol!! Tried and nothing - I have hosted throughout, played knight throughout, bishop 1/2 the time & knight 1/2 the time and single story. I have tried jumping into public co-op and completing the 1st level and basically all the suggestions on this forum and still no achievment!

Does anyone know if copying my r61 & 2 game files to memory card, then deleting all rainbow six 1 & 2 data from Hdrive, then recovering gamer tag and starting a new R2 game will allow me to rank from beginning to get PFC achiev and also in theory it would reset realistic 'tick boxes' and then play through story realistic before anything else may work??

aomeba1
03-25-2008, 01:58 PM
ok you were right it won't work for all of us, lol!! Tried and nothing - I have hosted throughout, played knight throughout, bishop 1/2 the time & knight 1/2 the time and single story. I have tried jumping into public co-op and completing the 1st level and basically all the suggestions on this forum and still no achievment!

Does anyone know if copying my r61 & 2 game files to memory card, then deleting all rainbow six 1 & 2 data from Hdrive, then recovering gamer tag and starting a new R2 game will allow me to rank from beginning to get PFC achiev and also in theory it would reset realistic 'tick boxes' and then play through story realistic before anything else may work??
oh and btw different forum for this no doubt but I had approx 100 kills while suspended from a rope and no achiev "Rappel King" than set up a game and had 5 friends join, we each took turns killing eachother while supended on rope and without exception (tho they also had many many kills previously) the achiev didn't pop up til we had 25 consecutive kills on the same rope?

willy134uk
03-25-2008, 05:29 PM
start a coop realistic split screen make YOUR profile the 2nd player when you do scene 1 and get the bishop acheivment you will also get the realistic acheivment

Livewire9
03-25-2008, 07:17 PM
start a coop realistic split screen make YOUR profile the 2nd player when you do scene 1 and get the bishop acheivment you will also get the realistic acheivment

This confirmed?

willy134uk
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
me and my bro did exactly the same,both got it

m00n22
03-25-2008, 09:16 PM
me and my bro did exactly the same,both got it

Doesn't work for me... ashame... I guess we have to wait untill Ubisoft gonna fix this mess..

Jishan F
03-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I started playing the campaign on my own on realistic and made it through the first act. Starting in the second act onward I did it completely co-op as the host. When I finished the last scene of the final act and the credits started rolling I got the achievement.

pornstorestiffi
03-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Beat it on normal, and realistic on my own and no achievement for me, so thats all féd up

KillersDAM117
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I didn't get, it i tried everything.

jorGe62990
03-26-2008, 01:02 AM
I just beat the final mission and I DID get the achievement. I played all the missions solo and in order on realistic (as in not doing it on normal first, and going back to realistic for the achievement). I'm pretty confident doing it solo is the only way to guarantee yourself the 75 gamerscore.

benbam87
03-26-2008, 01:19 AM
NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BEAT IT BY YOURSELF!!!!!! You CAN beat it by yourself but you do not have to. All that you need to do after beating it in coop is to just replay the BEGINNING of the LAST level and the achievement will pop up just near the ammo crates

jorGe62990
03-26-2008, 01:24 AM
I am sure that works, but if people do not want to replay missions, they could just play missions solo. You really do not need a co-op partner for most of the missions. Your teammates do a lot of the killing and could easily take care of everyone if I didn't take some away from them.

benbam87
03-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Yes that is why I said that they can be done solo as well but for those people who are doing it in coop and wondering why it does not unlock for them this is all the have to do and it only take 5 mins to do the first check point.

ClutchPapi34
03-26-2008, 05:30 AM
My friend beat it and didn't get the achievement. Then I hosted a game, he joined, and got the achievement after beating one scene.

fleming
03-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I didn't get the achievement after I beat the game. I did all acts but one solo (replayed afterward solo) and in did them in reverse order.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

I got this to work for me, but I did it on splitscreen and played as Knight. The achievement unlocked as soon as I got to the equipment box at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2.

Matty07
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
i did the first mission and the first two scenes of the second on my own, but then a mate joined MY game and we played until we had completed up to act 3 scene 2.
I then went offline and did up to act 4 scene 2 by myself, quit and did the first two scenes of the last mission by myself. the next day i completed act 4 and 5, then i hosted a game and me and a m8 completed the last scene of the last mission, then completed the sixth mission on my host.
(inhales deeply)
i have ticks for all scenes on realstic but no achievement:(
i know its a lot of detail but i just wanted to make it easier to find out why it hasnt unlocked.
any suggestions?

EDIT:got it today!:) had a mate host a game, act 1 scene 1 on realistic (duh) and got the achievement at the outfitting box at the start of scene 2! yay

SiseUK
03-26-2008, 03:02 PM
ARRRGGHHH this F****ING game!!

I've just sat over the last two days playing it on realistic all on my own, no co-op whatsoever and no playing as Knight yet either... "just incase". Beat the game..... NOTHING! :mad:

I've checked all levels and scenes and all are ticked as realistic. Was hoping I'd be ok as I got the Extreme Hunter achievement no problem.

WTF have they done with this game!? God I wish I lived nearer their offices! :uzi: lol

Neomop
03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Beat it on realistic yesterday. Did the entire first mission solo, then went through online co-op as Knight until the last 2 stages. Did those two as Bishop, and I got the achievement right as the credits started rolling.

AOSKINS
03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Beat it on realistic, have all the check marks and no acheivement.

I played co-op (not host) and then switched back to hosting. I think our problem was going through the first 4 acts and then starting over so that we both had the same check marks.

My assumption is that you need to go through it sequentially, but I've seeen threads were that didn't work.

Truly and honestly I'm disapointed!

rich29
03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I have tried everything i can think of but still cant get it even though i have helped 2 people and they both have it. ive given up trying to get it until ubisoft sort it out

BrookersDawson
03-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Beat it on realistic, have the achievement.

I didn't do it on my own, i played it on co-op splitscreen [pain in the fucking arse view], I lWe did half the game each as Knight to get the achievements for that each.

We both got That Wasn't So Hard, Gimme a High Five!, Here's for a Wicked Five!, and Freedom Shall Prevail...

I don't even have an explanation as to why this doesnt work for some but for others =/

NOTSGNIK
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I beat the game on realistic and I haven't gotten it yet. I played it several times on co-op with my brother via live, some public matches, and some single player. Any new ideas?

Russia Black
03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
yeah im getting a bit miffed with these achievements now. Done the entire game on realistic and everythings checked. Hosted some, joined some and did a bit on my own but still no achievement for it. That and the bloody PFC achievement are getting on my nerves.

Playkid
03-26-2008, 09:42 PM
I beat the whole game on realistic difficulty in one playthrough (SP), it didn't unlock.

I will try the second poster advice and play the first mission through.

Mr Stay Cool
03-26-2008, 10:48 PM
I beat the game on realistic in a random order and with various partners - and I got no achievement. I was checking my achievements in the game, and noticed that although I had done the first knight achievement, I didn't have the campaign medal. I then joined a scene on live which I hadn't played as knight in and afterwards, I got the freedom shall prevail achievement. I also got the medal in the rewards section.Perhaps there is a link between the missing medal and glitching achievement.

HackedAtari
03-27-2008, 12:07 AM
ok tryed everything mentioned and yet nothing..... sigh o well waitin on patch

JC Number 3
03-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Man, this was a pain..

Here's what I did to get it to work: (sorry if this was already suggested)

First time through, my brother was in playing with me, and he shot the guy at the end - no achievement. We played the last scene (Showdown) through a second time, but I was the one to shoot the guy at the end, and got the achievement as the credits were rolling.

Hope this helps.

-JC3

x ZT x
03-27-2008, 01:28 AM
I played through the game on co-op, my friend got the achievement and i didn't. Tryed playing through first scene. Didnt unlock. But we then worked out why it wouldnt unlock. You have to play a scene as Knight that you have never played with him before. So if you had played first scene to get achievements before, it wont unlock. Play a scene you havn't played as Knight and Bam it will unlock

Maka
03-27-2008, 01:39 AM
I did it and got it... kinda...

Terminated...terminated...terminated...terminated. ..terminated...terminated...

I got the "Unreadable Disk" error during the last cinematic, and had to do it again, but its all good..

Dabigamc
03-27-2008, 01:40 AM
hopefully this knowledge can help people out....i started the realistic campaign with a friend on split screen (up to the 3rd act)....we then finished the rest of the campaign over xbox live which i was the host....we both received the achievement without any problems

here is some ideas

1. Try my method, do some on splitscreen, the rest on host
2. Keep the same host throught the campaign
3. On scene selection, make sure the checkboxex for realistic are all ticked for every scene
4.Try switching the hosts and do the campaign again (drastic measures)

Dharkanjil
03-27-2008, 03:20 AM
I beat the game on Normal, got all the campaign achievements, then played straight through with a friend over Live without stopping (again on Normal, as Knight, so I picked up all those achievements), then just today I finished the campaign on Realistic straight through by myself, and no achievement. Guess I'll try to play the first level again...

HitmanHTC
03-27-2008, 09:00 AM
I did it with a friend and got the achievement straight away after completing he last scene.

Johnny Candles
03-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Was playing last night with my brother. He did all the scenes on realistic except the last one because he needed some help. He hosted a game and we did it, no achievement for him. I'm not sure which of us shot dude at the end because we were both pretty quick.

We went back and he hosted from chapter 1 on realistic and we worked on getting me the Knight achievements. Still no achievement for him. I hosted a game and we did just Showdown again. We made sure he shot dude and he got the achievement when the credits rolled.

eXyle
03-27-2008, 03:39 PM
I stumbled on this too I did the following:

1. I played act 1-4 on realistic by myself
2. Then I was the host with me and a friend on 5-7 (No achievement)
3. Replayed scene 1 with some random guy as host (No achievement)
4. Replayed last scene with some random guy as host (Achievement!!!!)

So for me it seemed to be the last one, I'm so happy

Darkjay7991
03-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Okay...once again I have tried your suggestinos and nothing. I think I will try to play the first scene as knight now. Maybe then I cna get the achivement.

Darkjay7991
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I think I am going crazy over this achivement....I had a dream I got it and then....I woke up:wtf:( This is...driving me insane....

Dharkanjil
03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
eXyle, did you shoot Gabriel in the last scene, or did the random guy do it?

Rifle Elite
03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Do the last part of the last level (Showdown on Estate) again and you should get it. Oh and it doesnt matters if you kill Nowak or not.

Blackjaw x
03-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I didn't get the achievement right after beating the game on Realistic the first time, without playing any co-op whatsoever.
Here's my story:

-Started the game on Normal, got to Act 3 or 4 and then switched to Realistic.
-Loaded each scene in order and completed them, planning to leave the first few Acts until later.
-I did a lot of quitting, going to sleep and reloading checkpoints the next day.
-A couple of times I also ignored the continue button and started a scene that I had already been halfway through or so.
-Finished the game, went back and did the first few acts so that I had every scene done on Realistic. No achievement.

-I went back and played the first two levels a bunch of times solo because I had played co-op on the second scene for the boosting method (not for long ;)).
-I played the last level a couple times and the level where I switched from normal to realistic. Still no achievement.
-I got a friend to host the last level and we tried it a few times, alternating who shoots the guy.
-I tried restarting my 360, he hosted the last level once more and I got my achievement as soon as it ended that time.

justinpf
03-27-2008, 11:57 PM
I went through the whole thing on realistic as knight, but not all in one sitting. My friend (the host) got the achievement, but I didnt! I am sooooo fucking pissed. 5 hours fucking wasted, such bullshit. Ubi sure does suck making achievements glitch free. We had BETTER see a patch soon.:mad:

Puzzled Veteran
03-28-2008, 01:18 AM
someone told me this

true or not?

ok great, previously before reading this reply i was trying all sorts of bullshit to get the achievement. Thanks for this tip as it worked straight away, I just completed the game on realistic as host in coop but no achievement so i joined some randomer's story on the last level on realistic and ding ding :uzi::uzi::Bounce::woop::Bounce:achievement unlocked....

Darkjay7991
03-28-2008, 02:45 AM
*sighs* Okay....:( I will try this one more time:mad:

Midnight Malice
03-28-2008, 05:34 AM
I will try playing one scene as knight that I haven't before, cause I don't have that medal, even though I have the achievement... I will also try going through and killing Gabe at the end, cause my friend did it when I beat it and he got the achievement and I didn't. I'll post my findings later to hopefully get a bit of closure on this.

subway
03-28-2008, 07:05 AM
I beat it with my buddy tonight actually, we split the hosting but neither of us got the achievement. We went back and did the first mission again with him hosting, I got the achievement, but he didn't. We tried a few more times, switching the host between us two and he still didn't get it.

SiseUK
03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I beat it with my buddy tonight actually, we split the hosting but neither of us got the achievement. We went back and did the first mission again with him hosting, I got the achievement, but he didn't. We tried a few more times, switching the host between us two and he still didn't get it.

My XBL friend is still yet to do campaign.... will see if I can get it that way too. I did the last mission all over again last night in the hope it might trigger it, but again nothing. Even sat through all the damn credits just incase.

eXyle
03-28-2008, 03:34 PM
eXyle, did you shoot Gabriel in the last scene, or did the random guy do it?

I'm almost sure I did it but not 100%, I was squeezing the trigger so the moment we could shoot him, he was dead, but maybe that other guy was too, not sure, but I think I did it

Trash Man
03-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Finished the game and got the achievement no problem. Did it all co-op with my brother, who also got it.

StalkingGrunt911
03-28-2008, 06:19 PM
When I first got the game I played the first level and half of the second. Then I didn't play until two days ago with a friend of mine.

He hosted 3 levels so I got all the achievements for being Knight, then I hosted the last 4 so he could get it, we ended up getting the achievement no problem.

When we did each level we would be it all the way to the end. At the 3rd level after we beat it it was late and I wanted some sleep so we just quit, I hosted from their and we never loaded a save or scene.

StormSurge
03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
To summarize, we have 4+ pages of discussion & there's no rhyme or reason to who unlocks it & who doesn't. Fantastic. Hopefully a patch is on it's way soon.

Atarii
03-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I just beat the story on Realistic, by myself entirely, from beginning to end and no achievement. I'm kinda fucking pissed off about this. First I gotta deal with the PFC glitched achievement I skipped and didn't get, now this....? My faith in this game is sorely lacking.

Gaaranug
03-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Finally got it, after joining a co op match this afternoon.

Shinobi273
03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
This is so weird, I completed the story on realistic over a week. I didn't play anything between, no co-op, no versus, no t-hunts. I loaded my last save in the story mode in single player and everything unlocked fine.

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I didn't get it either. Here's my situation.

Completed the whole game as Knight (aka second player co-op) over xbox live on casual difficulty. Got the achievements, but didn't get the first "knight" badge on the awards menu.

Played the first 3 acts as Bishop on Realistic difficulty on co-op live. Played act 4 as Bishop on splitscreen on realistic. Played act 5, 6, and 7 as Knight on co-op live all on realistic. All checkmarks are present... no achievement. Not sure what to do next. My co-op partner got it though.

Airtripper
03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Beat Vegas2 on casual first then played through again on realistic and did not get the achievement. Only played on single player not coop.

Soldier 4 I AM
03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know if you play it in split screen does that work. Does Split-screen count as Co-Op due to there is an option of both. I have the last 3 levels to beat. I played the game from the start to the end on split screen.

EDIT:

I just got the achievement on split screen with my wife. Both of us got the achievement.

Richcore
03-28-2008, 11:52 PM
This achievement is so stupid ive done everything played on my own done it in co-op joined games had people join mine an ive got nothing why put the game out if they know there still stuff to sort out

Atarii
03-29-2008, 12:42 AM
idk, I just can't believe this shit gets through testing.... especially the PFC glitch - seriously, who (if anyone) are testing these games prior to release? I can't even imagine why this got past post-production and wasn't noticed by SOMEONE.

aussiestatic
03-29-2008, 01:38 AM
I have a theory as to why it doesnt unlock for some people.
this theory might be wrong but if you play a level/scene in co-op it somehow screws the achievement up.

now I know you need to do some co-op levels for achievements anyway, but save them for after you beat the game. because thats exactly what i did and the realistic achievement unlocked no problem.

can someone else verify this?
I had my suspicions that this would be a problem. which is why I didnt attempt ANY levels in co-op until after i beat the game.

Gizmo2k
03-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm starting to think if you've played ANY part of the single player on your own or on coop, on any level other than realistic first, you won't get the achievement.

I played it thru on normal first, then coop'd with a buddy, who didn't play it at all first, he got it I didn't. I've tried just about everything listed above, including playing the whole frigging thing again, both solo and coop, still hasn't popped up.

Thanks Ubisoft.

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-29-2008, 08:40 AM
So, from somebody who got this glitched and then unlocked it... can you tell us what exacly you did to make it finally unlock??

FallenHero 117
03-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Played the game once through on Normal then I played it through on Realistic half on my own, half with a mate (where I was Knight because he already had the achievements). We played it all and at the end credits he got his 2 achievements for completing Estate and the game on Realistic.

I flipped when it didn't pop up on my screen. So I went back and played through the first and last scenes on my own. Still nothing. So I gave up and went to have a look at the achievements I got for playing as Knight.

For some reason the notification never popped up on my screen for unlocking the achievement, but my gamerscore had gone up and it was in both the Achievements section on Rainbow and on my Dashboard.

Maybe some people do have it but the notification is bugged instead?

Spardan
03-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Did all the levels on realistic some with a friend and redid it on single player and nothing

The Pants Party
03-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Well after making the thread I can finally weigh in. I did the game in three separate outings. Did the first 3 levels as Player 2, then the next two levels as Player 2, then the final two levels as Player 1.

Got the achievement right away.

Galaxy Spear
03-29-2008, 04:22 PM
It wont unlock for me either, ive tryed all the methods here and nothing seems to work for me. I highly doubt Ubisoft will fix it though, look at EA and the nfs carbons urban battle achievement, its been broken since the games release. I noticed i dont have the ribbon in my in-game achievement display case for completing one scene as Bishops teamate Knight. Can anyone with the realistic achievement confirm they have this ribbon in their display case ? Thank you.

The Pants Party
03-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I noticed i dont have the ribbon in my in-game achievement display case for completing one scene as Bishops teamate Knight. Can anyone with the realistic achievement confirm they have this ribbon in their display case ? Thank you.

I don't have the ribbon either (though I have the achievement) and I still got my realistic achievement as well.

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I tried the methods posted earlier in the thread to replay the first act, replay the last act, be the guy who shoots the final boss, everything. I'd like to know what people have done to un-glitch this. Do you just keep doing the first level over and over again??

Galaxy Spear
03-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Im gonna delete my save game and start playing through again. Not sure if it'll work or not though. I'll post my results when im done. Hopefully before i finish Ubisoft will have already made some kind of announcement as to whats gone wrong. Doubtful though.

Nazza
03-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I just finished it, I played all by myself and it didn't unlock. I tried to join someones coop-match, play some online, play some T-Hunts, play a couple of scenes more by myself, host a coop match and play a couple of scenes, and I still don't have this.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with this, it just isn't unlocking. It's driving me mad. If somebody knows some more methods to unlock it, please inform me.

Spardan
03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Just got the achievement
Time for the mutil player acheivements :)

Mitty34
03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I started out the campaign on solo. I finished the first two acts by myself, then played the next act on co-op. I then finished the game on solo with no achievement at the end. I then took the great advice of this board and joined a co-op game on act one, scene one at quickly finished it. As soon as scene two started, the achievement popped as well as i got the color for the ribbon for the play as partner. I think that the problem is linked to mixing co-op and single player...Just my two cents.....

AnguishedEnd
03-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Got this achievement first try. Here what I did for those of you who would liek to know.
Acts 1 - 6 I hosted a coop story and different people joined/left (didnt go through campaign with one person entire time)
Act 6 I played split screen until the final Scene. For the final scene "Showdown" I joined someone's coop story and I didnt even shoot the final guy and I still got the achievement.

Da_moopintot
03-31-2008, 01:29 AM
im not going for it because i personally find this game boring as hell,
but my brother beat it on realistic and didnt get it
he was so pissed it was pretty damn funny

AceOfSpades 274
03-31-2008, 01:32 AM
I hosted and played through the whole story on Realistic in Co-op and did not get the achievement. I tried doing some random scenes w/ someone else hosting and still nothing. Then I made a split screen with my profile as player two, started from the first scene and as soon as I hit scene two, 'Freedom Shall Prevail' unlocked.

:woop:

Inequality07
03-31-2008, 03:22 AM
This really makes me sad. Beat on Realistic in Co-op and single player. Tried running the first mission a ton of times. Also have done the final mission three times now :(

Wingman709
03-31-2008, 04:14 AM
Just finished my second run thru and still no achievement. My buddy got it, but I didn't. Go figure.

Sploitz85
03-31-2008, 05:32 AM
SOLUTION

Set the filter to search for ANY MISSION, ANY SCENE, ON REALISTIC as long as it is NOT the final helicopter scene. What you need to do is get to a new scene as the one who joined the game. When the new scene loads, Achievement Unlocked!

Aprosa
03-31-2008, 06:33 AM
SOLUTION

Set the filter to search for ANY MISSION, ANY SCENE, ON REALISTIC as long as it is NOT the final helicopter scene. What you need to do is get to a new scene as the one who joined the game. When the new scene loads, Achievement Unlocked!

after beating it solo? or co-op? i still have to do the campaign on realistic... but i dont want to do it if the achievement wont unlock...

X monkfish69 X
03-31-2008, 06:48 AM
I played it and completed it both on Normal and Realistic whilst doing some scenes on Co-op and on Single Player. Got the achievement last night when I finished the final scene.

I think the trick is to just keep going through the game scene by scene in sequence and achievement sorted when you come to the end !

Job Done.

justmejeff
03-31-2008, 07:11 AM
I didn't get it either. Here's my situation.

Completed the whole game as Knight (aka second player co-op) over xbox live on casual difficulty. Got the achievements, but didn't get the first "knight" badge on the awards menu.

Played the first 3 acts as Bishop on Realistic difficulty on co-op live. Played act 4 as Bishop on splitscreen on realistic. Played act 5, 6, and 7 as Knight on co-op live all on realistic. All checkmarks are present... no achievement. Not sure what to do next. My co-op partner got it though.

Wheres this awards menu?

jEnNz4
03-31-2008, 07:17 AM
I played it and completed it both on Normal and Realistic whilst doing some scenes on Co-op and on Single Player. Got the achievement last night when I finished the final scene.

I think the trick is to just keep going through the game scene by scene in sequence and achievement sorted when you come to the end !

Job Done.

I agree. My bf and I did it scene by scene on realistic and got the achievement this morning.

mjpartyboy
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
I finished my Realistic campaign today and got the Freedom Shall Prevail Achievement. While playing through mine I joined a friend's Realistic campaign a few times to help out and they joined me once at the end of mine.

Midnight Malice
03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Going through in sequence might me the trick, I have completeled every scene on realistic, but I bounced around a bit cause I played with a couple different people. One of those people I played with stopped at a certian point and continued later at the same spot, he got it and I didn't. Means I have to start all over again to get the achievement.... :(

I tried going back and shooting Gabe instead of my friend but that didn't work...

whitmania
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
completed it on realistic on the first play through, and got the achievements for it. I felt that realistic was far easier this time around, much like with graw/graw2 with the later being easier also.

Wingman709
04-01-2008, 03:36 AM
I got it today. I was on my third time thru the game and got the achievement after the first scene in Act 1. Go figure.

Lambshot23
04-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Finally , I got it , Thank You for the help. I had a buddy host the first mission , by the end of scene one it popped up

rocky1007
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I played the whole game solo on Realistic, and did not get the achievement. I went back and checked and all levels and they all are checked Realistic. I know in the first one it would kick you into normal if you died so you had to make sure it was set to realistic but it shows I have done all levels on realistic. Hopefully there will be a patch and I won't have to replay all the way through again.

Sylv
04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Me and a friend played realistic over two days, I was hosting both days, and I didn't receive the achievement, however my friend did. All ticks are checked in the mission select. The only thing we thought was he shot Gabriel at the end. He also tried hosting when we played a mission again (we played the one starting with penthouse), and played the 4 scenes of the mission, but haven't tried the first mission again

workbench
04-01-2008, 12:55 PM
completed, got FSP without a bother...

Steve9213
04-01-2008, 12:57 PM
i played through on co-op with several people and in the end i didnt get it but one of them told me to replay the very first scene 'negotiations' as Knight. As soon as the 2nd scene started it unlocked.

ste111
04-01-2008, 01:18 PM
yea i have completed it twice now once as the host and once in co-op. I have completed the first and last scenes 5 times now its so anoying but still no acheivment

Midnight Malice
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
i played through on co-op with several people and in the end i didnt get it but one of them told me to replay the very first scene 'negotiations' as Knight. As soon as the 2nd scene started it unlocked.

I'll try that, I think it might work for me, if not, I'll sit down with anybody that wants to go through again... with 2 people working well together it really only takes a few hours to beat.

PigMan37
04-01-2008, 07:01 PM
This sucks. I beat the game three times. Once all hosting co-op. Once all off host co-op. Once single player. Twice all the way through, once with loads. All missions are ticked for realistic yet I still don't get it. Dumb beta error.

INSANEKID13
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Going through in sequence might me the trick, I have completeled every scene on realistic, but I bounced around a bit cause I played with a couple different people. One of those people I played with stopped at a certian point and continued later at the same spot, he got it and I didn't. Means I have to start all over again to get the achievement.... :(

I tried going back and shooting Gabe instead of my friend but that didn't work...

i bounced around quite a bit and still got it.

this happened to a friend of mine he played a few random maps and it just poped up in the middle of one

cpfms
04-02-2008, 03:39 AM
I played straight through. Some single player, some co-op hosting, and some co-op joining. I finished the last 2 levels on co-op hosting, shot the guy, and got the achievement for the level and FSP

bartleym
04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
i didnt get the achivment and i did most on my own and some coop but it unlocked when i did coop as knight

Midnight Malice
04-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too. I think the majority of the answer is to play the first act as knight... that has been working with a lot of people, and it worked with me too, last night. Try that before anything else...

SpeleoFool
04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I had the achievment glicth on me, but I fixed it. Here's my story:
My first time through the story, VGA o0EVIL0o and I ran through the entire campaign on Casual in one sitting. I was host.
I started the campaign on Realistic and played solo through Act 5 or so over the course of a few days.
I joined another co-op story with a friend and played as Knight. I think this was also Casual difficulty. We got to Act 4 or so (the 10th scene, because we quit right after I got my last Knight achievement).
I finished up my Realistic campaign solo, and didn't get the achievement. To be clear, I played the entire story start-to-finish by myself (exept for Mike & Jung). No scene selections or anything, and didn't get the achievement.I tried:
Replay the first scene in splitscreen as Knight. Didn't work.
Replay the last scene (shoot Gabe) in SP. Didn't work.
Join someone else's game as Knight on Act I. Didn't unlock after the first scene.
Join someone else's game as Knight on a level I had not previously played as Knight (Theater); the achievement unlocked as soon as we completed the scene we were on.I think there's something to the "play a scene you haven't played as Knight" idea. Not sure what that means for EVIL, though, since he played the entire game as Knight with me on our first run-through. :(

o0EVIL0o x360a
04-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, that's the problem I'm thinking of too. Since I've already played every stage as Knight, this fix theoretically won't work for me. Of course I'm going to try to play through the theater as knight since that's what worked for Speleo and he was my original co-op partner. Beyond that, bring on the patch dammit. I've played through the entire game twice on realistic now with nothing to show for it besides a few thousand xp.

TheDonutHero
04-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Worked perfectly fine for me...:biglaugh

CoochieWallie
04-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Can Add my Name to the list of ppl that didnt get the achievment... my boy got it but not me we went back replayed the last scene n replayed the first act n nuffin ... if any one as a suggestion hit me up cause tried out what ppl said worked but didnt work for me.

jxspyder
04-03-2008, 04:25 AM
I'd suggest playing at least one scene as both Knight and Bishop. Friend and I played through, and we both made sure we didn't play a realistic campaign game without each other, so we both progressed start to finish the same time. I played first half of the game as Knight, then we switched and played the second half as Bishop. Soon as we finished, both of us had it pop up.

So yeah, my suggestion is that if you played as Knight through the entire storyline, play a scene as Bishop, or vice versa.

D3adcell86
04-03-2008, 06:58 AM
ahhhhhh I beat the game on realistic but no achievement, did it solo too. This is really frustrating, no achievement for the first rank and now this?

Archonfury
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
played solo by myself and got it, no problems.

Niab
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I switched between solo and split screen on various scenes,
I received the achievement no problem.

stu375
04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I got screwed by UBisoft as well , First they stole my PFC achievement , now this. I refuse to go through the whole damn game again. If ubisoft do the right thing then I should recieve my points when the patch comes out.

SiseUK
04-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I got screwed by UBisoft as well , First they stole my PFC achievement , now this. I refuse to go through the whole damn game again. If ubisoft do the right thing then I should recieve my points when the patch comes out.

I got it in the end. Originally, I did the whole game by myself and didn't get it. Then after seeing some of the posts in here, I got my XBL buddy to start a whole new game on realistic co-op, then invite me. I got my 1st achievement for playing as Knight after the first scene, then seconds later Freedom Shall Prevail popped up too. Give that a go! :)

JesusBread
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Both my friend and I got the achievement the first time we did it.

Deadly Moves
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Nor me or my bro inlaw have got this achievement even thought we've played through the entire game on system link.. he hosted some and visa versa..
And no achievement.. :(
So we did the whole thing again but in split screen and still no achievement :mad:
Its a good job we enjoy playing it.. guess where just gonna have to keep trying...

DubNut86
04-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Finally got the achievement after playing Act 1 as Knight!!!

rich29
04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I have completed the game 3 times now, once i was host twice 2 of my friends were the host. Ive tried everything i can think of ive tried co-op splitscreen on the 1st level but nothing oh well, about as bad as my friends burnout achivment were he holds the record yet hasnt got his watt street achivment.

capthowdy66
04-04-2008, 11:03 AM
finished the game on realistic - no achievement:eek:

played 1 scene on co op - 2 achievements pop!!:locked:drunk

o0EVIL0o x360a
04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
This is what I've gathered from my reading. If you have completed all scenes on Realistic and all have check marks and no achievement, try these workarounds. Unfortunately choice 3 is where I am at.

Workarounds
-If you haven't played as Knight yet, play Act 1/Scene1 to make it unlock. (or any scene really) You'll get FSP and "That wasn't so Hard" at the same time.

-If you've played as Knight for a few missions, select a scene you haven't played as him previously to make it unlock

-If you've already played the entire game as Knight, wait for a patch. **Note** if anyone has a workaround for this scenario please post it.

Renegade sharks
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
don't play the first scene play the last. also you should check scene selection when i did it, it said i had not done the last scene when infact i did i played as knight. i just switched to single player and played the last scene (bishop) easy.

Wee Benny 2k7
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM

I just completed on realistic, mix of every type and didnt get acheivement

And Im Startin To Agree Here. Waste, Of, Money.

TheKillerFreak
04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Calm down people. It's just a glitch.

And saying that this game is still "in the BETA stage" is a narrow minded ignorant thing to say. It is insanely impossible to code something to perfection, and obviously Ubisoft had some problems with the coding. That does not mean it's not a fully developed game, as EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO!
Be patient, wait for them to fix it.
Or if you keep complaining about how easy this would be to fix, or avoid in the first place. Be my guest, and go do the coding yourself. Jeez...

korry135
04-04-2008, 06:53 PM
yea i done it once and didnt get it and im to pissed to do it again me and my friend are trying to find out what is wrong. Anyone who has ideas text me in game.:locked

AOSKINS
04-04-2008, 08:05 PM
YES! Finally got it, I hadn't played since beating it a couple of weeks ago and figured why not, try one scene and BOOOM acheivement. It seems to me that this is the best way, just try a random scene and pray! Good luck.

davez69
04-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I just beat it on Realistic and didn't get the achievement, either. I played it completely single player and straight through scene by scene (didn't bounce around at all). I've also played the end over five times with no luck.

I will try playing the first few levels over again and maybe try doing some levels co-op to see if that works...

...and the playing a scene as Bishop in co-op worked for me for getting it! :)

o0EVIL0o x360a
04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I just beat it on Realistic and didn't get the achievement, either. I played it completely single player and straight through scene by scene (didn't bounce around at all). I've also played the end over five times with no luck.

I will try playing the first few levels over again and maybe try doing some levels co-op to see if that works...

If you havnen't joined someone's co-op game on live or split screen, do so. You achievement should unlock after completing a scene and getting "That wasn't so Hard"

Atarii
04-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I've already got "That wasn't so hard" and the other 2 achievements related to as playing as Knight - so I'm not sure if that will work.... guess I can only try and find out. This achievement really sucks, thanks Ubisoft.

Howie B 00
04-05-2008, 10:21 PM
start a coop realistic split screen make YOUR profile the 2nd player when you do scene 1 and get the bishop achievement you will also get the realistic achievement

Thank you, thank U, thank U - did what u said and it worked a treat. popped up as soon as I did the 1st 2 scenes:Bounce::Bounce:

EDIT:

My kid has just tried this as we Co-op'd originally but he didn't get the 75GMP so think it was cos he's was knight maybe? gonna let him host 2moro and I'll be knight see if that works - if it doesn't the only other thing I did b4 I tried the above was do last level on casual and the 1st on realistic. ????

venom1924
04-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Ok i finally unlocked the achievement. it didnt unlock straight away i tried playing the first and last few levels to no avail, the way it unlocked for me was to play a level as knight that i hadnt played before it unlocked straight away.

Bajan Elite
04-06-2008, 03:10 AM
i didn't and this doesn't make any sense why shud it matter if ur the host or not if u beat it u beat it man ubisoft is just the king of glithced achievements, assassin's creed, naruto and now this man this bites.

chefan93
04-07-2008, 05:58 AM
this is sooooo gay ... Ok so I played the first half of story as night on normal then I played the last half as bishop on realistic and I went 2 my friends house n recovered my gamertag so I could play on my account and we beat the first half on realistic and still no achievement ... Also I can't get the beat the first level on any difficulty achievement either and I have tried playing as night and bishop and still no achievement ... Ugh I'm sooo mad !!!

ShaunMichael80
04-07-2008, 06:17 AM
check each scene and level the host will get it..but u wont..just rehost and beat it as a host

stu375
04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Finally recieved my achievement 3 days after completing it, Thanks for peoples suggestions,time to move on;)

chefan93
04-07-2008, 06:05 PM
YES !!! I finally got the freedom shall prevail achievement ... All I had to do was join some random guys game as he was playing countdown ( the final mission ) hope this helps u guys out

chefan93
04-07-2008, 06:07 PM
whoops I forgot to add that we beat the level and I shot the dude and as soon as the credits rolled I got the achievement

vicko
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I have to join the ever expanding no realistic achievement club, all checkpoints done no achieve, its a pity i really like the vegas series, first we get screwed for playing the first game, then my ranked gets accidentally reset(not really sure how, at least got my pfc), then did not get the realistic achieve, just have to do it again :(

TigaSefi
04-07-2008, 11:00 PM
I did it by joining a coop game on the very last scene "Showdown" and it unlocked for me. Didn't have to faff around too long.

rhino185
04-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I guess I got extremely lucky because I got everything on my first try.

Except PFC. :(

xBeLikeChris
04-08-2008, 08:47 AM
What I did was beat the first 2 levels solo. Then went for "Here's for a Wiked Five" so I ended up beating the game and got it. So I beat the last 5 levels as Knight.

xKNIGHT617x
04-09-2008, 12:52 AM
so when people say the first scene do they mean negotiations or ambush

Oddish
04-09-2008, 04:39 AM
I also just got the realistic achievement. I just connected another controller and played the very first mission on split-screen (my profile was the secondary profile, as instructed) and near the end of the mission, at one of the checkpoints, both the realistic achievement and "That wasn't so hard" unlocked.

JonHu
04-09-2008, 05:30 AM
I played co-op (via XBOX Live) with my friend... I was Knight the whole time. I did not get the achievement, he did. Has anyone figured out what I should do? I have all the Realistic boxes checked.... yes, even Showdown (the last level). I have tried the split screen for the first and last level and did random ones... as player 1.

TheKillerFreak
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I *think*, not entirely sure, that if you unlock another Single Playar/co-Op achievement, or one that can be done in Single Player, that it will unlock. My friend got it after he unlocked Rappel King for example. And alot of people had it fixed after getting the Knight acheivements.

BadgerGravling
04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Played most levels as Knight, got the Knight achievements, with a friend hosting on normal difficulty.

Just went through again, as host, on realistic, with occasional co-op help, and no achievement. :(.

I'll try doing the first level again/getting a different achievement and let you know what happens, but this is the second game that's glitched me out of hard won achievements - bit of a blow for Microsoft quality control.

drtyfrml
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
played through most of the game on realistic, up to the airfield, on single, got a friend to help me beat the game on realistic co-op on live, didn't get it, so I went back and just beat the game through the airfield and the villa and still haven't got the achievement.

this sucks :(

Pigletdude
04-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Played through it as the host once, then again as Knight and STILL havent got it, does anyone know if Ubisoft is trying to patch these large glitches?

theman
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
this game sucks balls. i did everything that is stated in this thread. none of the solutions work. this now the only achievement that i don't have. i don't think ubisoft is going to patch this because rainbow six vegas one had achievement glitches that they still haven't fixed. all of my friends are fed up with this game and ubisoft. Everyone is back on COD4 for obvious reasons. I regret buying this game.

rickyfeeney
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
the simple answer to this glitch is to do a level which you havent done as knight as him. if not i suggest waiting for a patch or something cause thats the only way your gonna get it

SynysterMonkey
04-10-2008, 01:29 AM
I had the same problem with this achievement. From what I have heard from my friends and their experiences(including mine), the game wants you to beat it on realistic, but with a combination of by yourself, joining a coop match, and hosting a coop match. It worked for me and my friends, so you should give it a shot.

FrivolousRhyme
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
still nothing for me. i've beat the game on all levels and have been the host, joined a game, and been knight. i'm over this game...

twotonkoala
04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
I was hoping I wouldn't have to sign in on this thread...

But I have beat them all, in single player, and nothing. All boxes ticked. I've joined a game and played a few scenes on realistic. Have not tried hosting on yet, so I'll give that a shot and see how it goes, but this is rather frustrating. I found a way around the PFC glitch, so screw it, I'll find away around this one, but damn if it isn't just annoying as hell.

o0EVIL0o x360a
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
I was hoping I wouldn't have to sign in on this thread...

But I have beat them all, in single player, and nothing. All boxes ticked. I've joined a game and played a few scenes on realistic. Have not tried hosting on yet, so I'll give that a shot and see how it goes, but this is rather frustrating. I found a way around the PFC glitch, so screw it, I'll find away around this one, but damn if it isn't just annoying as hell.

I'm torn between just giving up and waiting for a patch and going back to try more scenarios to make it unlock. In the end, I have too many other achievements to try to unlock than to waste more time on this one with no guarantee. I'm going to wait for a patch most likely. :(

jamie122
04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
i played through the whole game twice, on realistic and checked to make sure all the boxes were checked and didnt get the achievement (hosting matches). then i tried joining the matches, completed one of the levels and didn't get it. then some dude invited me into a game where he was doing the xp glitch and he accidently completed the level, and it gave me the achievement. so try beating just the first level JOINING coop matches

vicko
04-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I have my realistic achieve now, It unlocked in the convention center second time round, first play I hosted up to the library as knight on live, then hosted to the theater on live as knight, then played single player to the last bit with the heli, then had to call for help to finish, no archive.
I started a new game in local split screen as bishop and just played leaving bishop standing there and using knight on my lads profile it popped in the level after the convention center :)

SaJaNG
04-11-2008, 09:09 PM
yeah i think it has something to do with convention center... i got mine after that level too

Matt Jo
04-12-2008, 03:31 AM
does doing the levels out of order make a difference? has anyone got the achievement by doing the levels out of order?

CallumBev
04-12-2008, 03:25 PM
didnt have a problem
me and my friend completed it this morning nd i was host and we both got the achievement :woop:
i think i was lucky from the things im hearing

Glowin Smurff
04-12-2008, 03:43 PM
i had to play a lvl as knight after completing, and any of the levels i played on live as knight on realistic didn't get checked, so i had to do them all over anyway, did all single player from start to finish and then loaded local split as knight to get it.

bxbomber
04-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Played on Solo on Realistic. Never touched Co-Op.

I got Freedom Shall Prevail.

Pakikid053
04-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Yea, I played the first 3 Acts with my brother, and finished the rest solo, and no achievement...

DarkZeroNemesis
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
firstly i have spent the last 4 years of my life in what i would call the gaming world, from selling to testing to design to well the whole KABOOM!... and i honestly can't believe the laziness on ubisofts half in regards to this game.

i am playing it and loving it.... but they are just throwing the same eye candy at me over and over again, which can be very pleasing.

BUT

when a bonus (:woop:bonus:woop:: being a positive word)
fucks you over (:mad:fucks you over:mad:: being a VERY BAD series of words)...

be it 10GS or 1000GS its just not on....what happened back in the good days where the games couldn't be updated??? where games companies took great care in getting the product correct for the consumer before they even considered releasing them to the public.

the general mindset of the corporations can be summed up easily in one sentence from their point of view.
"don't worry, we can patch it later" (their most common view)

i shake my head to all of you corporate bastards and say...
"if your product is of true quality, it shouldn't need patching"

its just not go enough, updates and patches should never be needed as much as the are relied upon.

consumers are paying for a well refined product, not something you have slapped together in 12 months, buggy as all hell, able to be manipulated to hit elite in 30 mins....bonus that is a nightmare flaw! ...ect.... i needn't go on as i'm sure all of you are already aware of the countless faults.

SO, Honestly Ubisoft are you happy to sell of such "QUALITY?" .... because what your really selling is your name and corporate morals as buggy trash.

naturally there will be no answer to this...

WELL NOT UNTIL NEXT PATCH AT LEAST!

DarkZeroNemesis

PTPetisco
04-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Ok. I got this stupid glitch too. Just tried to finished the first level again and nothing. Than I join the last level as Knight, and I got it... Thank God!

H20 chaotic xc
04-14-2008, 12:01 AM
basically my freind hosted the game in cOOp we did it all on realsitic and got the achievement first try i feel bad for the people who are having a problem gettin the achievement

IRONMAN
04-14-2008, 12:24 AM
i just beat it & no achievement... i dont know what to do from here on...sob

darkkdefender
04-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Played through entire game as Host of a co-op game and got the achievement on the first try. I didn't play as the second player(non-host) or by myself until after I got the achievement. I played with the same player the whole time and he also got the achievement.

Dsan Be
04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi,

Me and my friend started the realistic mode in co-op this morning. In the first levels we had a few problems. It was a nice challenge, but after the first 2 acts we rushed trough the levels like it was the casual difficulty... The game tells us we did it on realistic, but I'm affraid it's a bug or something. I just hope it gives the achievement, because Ubisoft already f**ked us in the first Vegas-game :P

I'll give an update soon..

Bishop24
04-14-2008, 12:23 PM
i have played through this game twice on realistic, once in Co-op and once by myself, and still no achievment....i'm just hoping eventually i will get it...but if i don't, i don't, if i do get it, i do get it...really not that big of a deal..

Man of Kent
04-14-2008, 10:47 PM
the simple answer to this glitch is to do a level which you havent done as knight as him. if not i suggest waiting for a patch or something cause thats the only way your gonna get it

this worked for me

first time through played as bishop and knight picking up the achievements for 1, 5 and 10 scenes as knight before finishing the game

i tried replaying the first and last scenes as knight in co-op and split screen

played the whole game through as bishop but still no achievement

then after reading the post above I remembered the desert level I hosted all the way through both times I completed the game on realistic so I found a game being hosted on airstrip, jumped in and as the scene finished the achievement popped up

it would appear that if you haven't got the acheivement yet have completed the game on realistic you have to find a scene you havent previously done as knight which is why it is popping up for various people on various levels

Dsan Be
04-14-2008, 11:23 PM
We just finished the game @ realistic. I got my achievement, but my buddy (who was hosting the whole time) didn't get his 75g.

We replayed the last scene, but that didn't help for him. Tomorrow we replay the first level (Me as the host). Fingers crossed...

Russia Black
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I got this achievement last night. I'd already completed the game twice on realistic and then I was playing it with my girlfriend last night on split screen. I let her get the achievements for playing as knight and then I remember reading somewhere on here that if the pic for playing as knight in the achievements section wasnt there then the FSP would be glitched. My picture for it wasnt there so I said could I switch to being knight just to try and we did and then the first scene I did I got FSP.

I think it has to do with if that pic is there in the achievements section on the main menu and what levels you've already done as knight. I'm pretty sure you would have to do a level which you havent played as knight in to get the achievement.

Hope this helps peeps.

Santa
04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
So i didn't get the achievement.

I've done Co-op for a bit, all the boxes are ticked on all the missions (Casual, Normal, Realistic).

I'm angry.

Dsan Be
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
My buddy played trough the half of the story mode again, but still no achievement.

We both got our 'terrorist hunter @ realistic' achievement, so lucky 4 that. But we don't find a solution for the bug.. Now he's playing the whole singleplayer again without my help. Maybe that will give him the achievement :confused:

RPDfire
04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I got it. I went back and forth hosting and joining co-op games

v8pwrd
04-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah it glitched on me (I hate glitched achievements) and woundnt unlock until I joined someones game and finished,:uzi: then it popped.

bdg7884
04-16-2008, 12:19 AM
I dont understand why people dont get this... I played through the story with a buddy and we switched hosting on and off like 4-5 times and it unlocked fine for both of us.

Lo Tek
04-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Finally got the achievement beating a scene as knight that I hadn't beaten with him before (pretty much got all his achievements at the beginning of the game). Did it on split screen so I can't say if this will work on live. Before that I had beaten it solo, online and on split screen. Each time as Bishop.

Maxx Able
04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
I experienced the same exact glitch with the first Knight achievement noting that the subsequent points for 5 and 10 etc were unlocked on the dash and on the in-game award screen. Ive played through on realistic and normal with three people only one getting the points when completing the game first time on realistic. As you would expect I'm not very chuffed with the PFC glitch either considering the amount of time and effort I put into RSV in '06. Ubisoft get your finger out and sort it out PRONTO

Mukor
04-17-2008, 12:50 AM
I *think*, not entirely sure, that if you unlock another Single Playar/co-Op achievement, or one that can be done in Single Player, that it will unlock. My friend got it after he unlocked Rappel King for example. And alot of people had it fixed after getting the Knight acheivements.

I can say for sure this doesn't work, or isn't the whole story. Playing through on realistic I hosted some, joined some. I got the Knight achievements along the way, beat the game on realistic, didn't get Freedom Shall Prevail.

Playing a random earlier scene again as Knight, I got enough shotgun kills to unlock I Like The Way It Sounds, got my 25G for that but still no FSP.

I'll try playing some scenes I haven't already played as Knight tomorrow and post again with results.

zoekoner
04-17-2008, 01:19 AM
if i have beaten all the levels on real and did not get the achievement does that mean that i will never get it?

LazyDonkey117
04-17-2008, 03:38 AM
:mad:I have beaten the first 4 levels on singleplayer and the half of the 5th level on singleplayer and did one checkpoint on live hopefully that donsn't affect the ahievement!!!:mad:

IRONMAN
04-17-2008, 04:01 AM
i just beat it & no achievement... i dont know what to do from here on...sob

I just got this today. If you beat it in co-op as host, just join some games & play through working towards the co-op achievement & I got this...so i dont know how it'll work for you but good luck.

nomishood
04-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Stoopid Game.

I've completed it as Knight on normal with a friend, him hosting, and then on realistic with me hosting.

He got Freedom Shall Prevail, I didn't.

I went back and played the final checkpoint on my own, and didn't get the achievement.

Then I joined someone's game on the convention centre level, and carried on playing till after the monorail bomb.

Then I started a split screen game with another profile, and played as Knight with my profile again. Completed the first act.

None of these worked.

This is REALLY simple stuff for them to code. It's not like we've been bending the rules or anything.

Can't believe this sort of thing gets through QA.

Especially after there was a similar problem with the first Vegas game.

It's a staggering level of incompetence.

Rant over.

Anyone got any ideas? I guess my main remaining options are to play through the whole campaign AGAIN as Knight, and play through the campaign AGAIN on singleplayer.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.

o0EVIL0o x360a
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Anyone got any ideas? I guess my main remaining options are to play through the whole campaign AGAIN as Knight, and play through the campaign AGAIN on singleplayer.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.

You are in the same boat as I, my friend. I'll save you some time though, don't play through the entire campaign again as you'll be wasting your gaming time. The only concrete way to make this achievement unlock is to play a scene as Knight that you have NEVER played as him before. If you've already played each scene as Knight, don't even bother. Let's just hope they patch this crap so I can get my 1000/1000. (and yours too of course lol)

Mukor
04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Just unlocked it. Playing through a scene (South Hall, in my case) as Knight that I hadn't played as him worked - achievement unlocked on the load screen between scenes.

And, as seems to be the case for most people, while I'd unlocked the achievement for 1 scene as Knight (That Wasn't So Hard), the ribbon slot in the in-game rewards area was empty until I did this and fixed the glitch.

So, having read the pages of discussion here, the rule seems to be:

If you play through the campaign on realistic (and have a check mark against every scene) but the achievement doesn't unlock, go back and play through any scene you haven't played as Knight before (on realistic).

For those of you who play through the entire campaign as Knight and don't get the achievement...I can't help. Anyone in this position who finds a strategy that works, share it here.

If you haven't started going for these achievements yet, I'd recommend playing the entire campaign on realistic either single player, or as host (so you play as Bishop), before you play any scenes as Knight. That way, if Freedom Shall Prevail doesn't unlock, you can join a co-op game on any scene and hopefully unlock it then, along with That Wasn't So Hard. And then go after Gimme A High Five and Here's For A Wicked Five.

Good luck folks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: I quit out to dashboard and then went back in to the game. My That Wasn't So Hard ribbon has disappeared again. It was definately there (briefly) after I unlocked my glitched FSP. Weird. Anyone else had this happen?