PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Deal With "YOUR" True Identity On Xbox Live? Why? Just WHY!?

BL00DC0RE
03-23-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm posting this thread becuase It feels like I'm the only one on this crazy game with my own face, Who here Acually Plays with there face besides just unlocking the achievement? I know , I know you are limited to tons of Head features but who cares becuase if you want to play with your real face then just forget about the headgear and what not.

I'm just saying how cool would it be to play a 16 player match with everybodys Unique face? I real war with real people/Kinda.

I just want to know who plays with their own unique face? Also Who doesn't and why? Besides the Poeple who "DONT HAVE A XBOX CAME" You have an excuse and have no reasoon to post.

Everybody take it easy and keep it Unique.

:rock

Deadly Moves
03-23-2008, 04:07 AM
I dont use my custom face mainly bcos you cant put any decent accessories on them :(
Plus they tend to stand out a mile away even it the dark shaded areas

And ever since the 1st R6 Vegas, i've always worn the Ballistic Mask

jorGe62990
03-23-2008, 04:08 AM
Well the obvious reason a lot of people do not use their actual faces is for their own security. Nowadays, people are more cautious (even if it is teenagers), and won't show their identity that easy. The people who do use the camera usually put masks of cartoon characters, superheros, etc. to really make their guy unique and stand out. I know that I will never pay for that stupid camera in order to get an achievement.

kingross
03-23-2008, 07:47 AM
For some reason it makes my face look really really really really fat. Not just a little fat... like fucking fat bastard from that mike myers movie. Im not fat at all so it makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Also it really fucks my beard up, so I just use a stock face.

Blackjaw x
03-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Well I would use it but it makes me look like a little kid, so I guess I need to stop shaving and do it again.

StormShadow 11B
03-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I use my girlfriends face with the female player model. Its more fun when people get pwned by a girl. Plus shes much nicer to look at than me.

kiwi18
03-23-2008, 08:02 AM
im poor. so i cant buy the camera

StormShadow 11B
03-23-2008, 08:09 AM
im poor. so i cant buy the camera Buy it at Walmart or Target, get the cheeve plus a cool likeness of yourself and then return it for a full refund the next day.

Factone
03-23-2008, 08:25 AM
I used my own face in the first RB6.. I was smiling in it. People found it hilarious.

I didn't buy the cam, borrowed it from a friend.

I can't see people being worried about security issues from using their own face. As if someone is going to be able to track you down based on a poor rendition of your face.

benbam87
03-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I use my face although I look so sunburnt for some reason

zambeezi
03-23-2008, 09:41 AM
For some reason it makes my face look really really really really fat. Not just a little fat...

Know what you mean. I ended up with a big flat fat face and a big father xmas nose.
My friends think it's funny!

Segnius
03-23-2008, 09:53 AM
First of all there's the accessories that you can't put on. Then there's the fact that the faces look dumb as hell like that. They're big, bright, and kind of discolored. Just makes you look weird. I used to use fake faces in the old Vegas, I remember I was a zombie before. Might try it again in this one.

JD FTW
03-23-2008, 10:54 AM
me and my friends managed to take a picture of our mums and we used to play as them, it was so funny sniping my friends mum in the face

AlexUplinked
03-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I would do this - But there are two reasons that are stopping me doing this...

1) I don't want to pay for a vision camera.
2) I don't like my face.

:P

[Alex]

Vista
03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I dont use my custom face mainly bcos you cant put any decent accessories on them :(

Yeah, thats why I dont use it. My character looks nothing like me AND I cant wear my cool combo of: Breathing mask, 3 hole balaclava and tactical goggles, with a reinforced helmet. I think you can only wear the Flight Helmet and two other things if you have the vision face.

2) I don't like my face.

[Alex]

Self Esteem FTW!

I like your face >_>

bloodblade1962
03-23-2008, 12:11 PM
i get called emo so no

PmcG1981
03-23-2008, 01:22 PM
My face looks like an alien in and then when I try to redo it everytime I do my side profile its says it's invalid. Anyone have any tips on getting the side profile right without it messing up?

bloodblade1962
03-23-2008, 01:25 PM
i wonder what those people that sound like 5 yr olds look like

Destro
03-23-2008, 03:10 PM
In the first i had a skull face, using a mask, i took my friends camera for it, when i buy this one i will probably do something similar but different, like a new mask or a face paint of some sort, right now i just rented the game so its pointless...

I don't put my face because well like said before you can't put some cool feature, plain and simple, and its more funny to put something unique like a mask.

Tijntjee K.
03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I really don't care much about the head options you can't use.. allthough the head I used in R6 looked better than in R6V2 (strange) , it's still good enough.
So, yes I use my custom head :woop:

Ruthless
03-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I CANT GET THE FUCKING THING TO WORK!!!!! Always says my side pic is invalid, wtf!!!

I like to have my face covered and i love balaclava's and the breathing mask.

TheKillerFreak
03-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Since my guy has a balaclava, and a flight helmet jsut now, you can't see his face, that tends to be the way for most of my guys in Vegas. plus, side view is always invalid =p

Mr Hey
03-23-2008, 05:20 PM
In the first game, it made my guy look like he had down syndrome

Efstratios39
03-23-2008, 05:38 PM
I got my Ballistic mask, and thats all I would ever want.

ColossalKiller7
03-23-2008, 05:58 PM
I have tried it a couple of times and I haven't gotten the achievement? But I look black for some reason? Its quite weird.

nightmare975
03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
My face doesn't look good on a girl.

I'm a guy.

Trash Man
03-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I use my own face. I'm quite surprised how much it looks like me actually.

BL00DC0RE
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
You all have great points, just remember this, When You run into me on rainbow 2, just know "MY EYES" are the last thing you will see before I kill you.

:rock

X Bob0907 X
03-23-2008, 08:55 PM
me and my friends managed to take a picture of our mums and we used to play as them, it was so funny sniping my friends mum in the face
No offense but your kinda weird.
I dont have the camera so I cant, but what I would do is take a picture of a celebrity and use that.

Darkjay7991
03-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't have one so I have an excuse but my friend that do have it don't use it. They just wanted the achivement. I don't blam them. I have seen it in use and alot of the time it makes you look bad (from what I have seen from my friends) and you do stand out in the dark.... I think it sucks that you ca't get full 1000g becuase of this tupid achivement.... I don't want to pay $50 or even less to get a achivement.

Bishop24
03-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Buy it at Walmart or Target, get the cheeve plus a cool likeness of yourself and then return it for a full refund the next day.

you can't take it back and get a refund...once you open it, the only thing you can do is exchange it....

y0bam
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
probably got payed by microsoft to encourage people to purchase a useless xbox camera, same with burnout most likely

Komrad Kyle
03-24-2008, 01:27 AM
this is pretty stupid that I have to actually spend money on more hardware just for achievement points that its so freaking shady and soulless business practice

The Freakquency Theory
03-24-2008, 05:16 AM
heh..me and my friends always joke that one of these days, I'm going to get a cam, snap a picture of my ass, and use that as a face..ala southpark.

ScRibbLes1070D
03-24-2008, 05:19 AM
Don't, because Microsoft will suspend your XBL account for doing that. People did that on the first Vegas, and got suspended and told to change it.

The Freakquency Theory
03-24-2008, 05:38 AM
oh, I'd never actually go through with it. I'm pretty sure no one wants to see my ass runnin around, poppin heads <_<;

synister EFFECT
03-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Don't, because Microsoft will suspend your XBL account for doing that. People did that on the first Vegas, and got suspended and told to change it.

Then don't make your face look like marcus fenix's, or you might get suspended for having your face look like an ass:p

Soldier 4 I AM
03-24-2008, 05:46 AM
My wife will not let me buy the camera.

jxspyder
03-24-2008, 06:04 AM
I use the face for laughs and funnies occassionally. Nothing beats getting shot up by a clown. And one hint to make your side profile work better, is to crank your head around as far as you can, to where it almost hurts your neck, placing your chin directly over your shoulder. That's what I did, and it worked fine.

LukeP91
03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
personally i think the cam is a great idea, and my character looks like me. Im happy to use my face as im pretty sure no-one is gonna hunt me down for killing them on a game;)

Demon Ninja
03-24-2008, 11:27 AM
The camera just made my face look bad. It looked like I was bald and had spray painted my head black. It also gave me a peach fuzz moustache for some reason even though I'm clean shaven.

X monkfish69 X
03-24-2008, 11:46 AM
When I made my 'face' on Vegas it looked liked I was really pale in the face, but had a dirty orange neck.

I don't have a pale face and a dirty orange neck in real life by the way.

However, like the majority of people on here, I like to pretty myself up with the unlockables for online play.

Mikeyt086
03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I use my face when i play online.

I think its funny, it does look like me but its really shiney, like ive just gotten out of a shower or ive been covered in glue.

GoWisfun
03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
personally i think the cam is a great idea, and my character looks like me. Im happy to use my face as im pretty sure no-one is gonna hunt me down for killing them on a game;)

You can't have heard about the guy who got beat up IRL over killing someone on WoW :P

Can't find the link but anyway, the guy who got beat up killed this women a few times so she said "I'll get my husband to kill you in real if you don't stop" so he killed her again(He was doing it to piss her off at this point I think) so she asked him where he lived. He told her(Very stupid idea) a few days later the husband and 2 or 3 of his mates turned up at this guys house, beat him up and smashed his computer, TV, home entertanment(spelt wrong but whatever) system and some other eltrical stuff up. total was $5000ish.

He told the Police what had happened and they asked why he told her where he lived and he said he didn't expect her husband to really turn up :s

Dunno what happened afterwards but I don't think they ever did anything after he reported it :s

So aslong as you don't tell them, if they say they want to come and kill you or w/e you should be safe :p

ScRibbLes1070D
03-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Even my sister's face managed to come out looking like a sun-burnt, overweight preteen boy. Horrible imaging system.