PDA

View Full Version : Banned In Germany!

pvt hushburn
07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow. I just read up that the USk ( ESRB of Germany ) would not give this game a rating due to all the violence! lmfao.

Read teh article!

Gaming Bits reports that Germany's software rating organization, the Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK), would not approve Capcom's upcoming zombie hack-n-slasher Dead Rising. If upheld, this would mark the first instance in which an Xbox 360 game has been banned in any territory/region.

As of this post's publishing time, Dead Rising is still listed (http://www.xbox.com/de-DE/games/d/deadrising/) on the German version of Xbox.com, although the release date (or 'Veröffentlichungsdatum') has been changed to "TBD."

Source:http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/17/dead-rising-banned-in-germany/

Webb
07-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Thats a good sign for those that want a zombie fest ;)

But bad news for the Germans!

Sgt Hobo
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
this suprises me as you won't have a game where you kill zombies, but have one where you kill nazis(i.e. cod2)...........huh........

Minty
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
There would be an outcry if you werent allowed to kill Germans tho...

Plus its down to the levels of violence- C)D2 all you do is shoot them and they die. This one you can shoot arms and legs off etc

Sgt Hobo
07-20-2006, 06:06 PM
yea but they're zombies... and they wanna eat you,people don't........wait a minute cannibals wanna eat you too..........where was i going with this?

scoobydiesel
07-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Well glad im not there, i love zombies and gore....

thieflordgamer
07-21-2006, 02:12 AM
sounds like bad news for re5 in germany as well...

Psycence
07-21-2006, 11:47 AM
RE5 and DR are two totally different experiences, DR allows you to get inventive with how you kill and take off limbs ect but RE5 does'nt allow you to have the same freedom (thats based on past RE games) to maim and kill

Fonkey Monkey
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
thats ridiculiuos. i think a GAME getting banned anywhere is absolutley obsurd i.e. this game, manhunt in australia, prolly gta etc. i can possibly see a movie getting banned somewhere, but come on! if people dont like the product then dont buy it, some people might want it, you shouldnt ruin it for everyone.

Minty
07-21-2006, 12:16 PM
what other choice is there tho?

Put an 18 certificate on it and youll still little 14 year old kids playing it, which then defeats the object of it. Its those kids that then ruin it for the others, not the other way round.

Shawn Lesane
07-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Hmmmm ...another Game that was put on that "List" ,nevermind..... Many Gamerstores have this Game anyway .... Condemned was "banned" here too but i got it at the first day it was out. I can not wait to play with a chainsaw and get crraaaaZZzzZZZzyyyy, I will get this Game !!!