PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or was the ending...

TA Sasuke
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Exactly like every lost episode ever.

Spoony Bard
03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Sure, if you mean the fact that it raises more questions than it answers.

Sandman1000
03-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Exactly like every lost episode ever.
Sure, if you mean the fact that it raises more questions than it answers.
I agree it lives alot of questions

x CHANDMAN x
04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah but thats whats so intriguing about LOST to me, I liked the ending.

IMP4C7
04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah I'm ready for the next one, and not just for the achievement points this time!

Kuzarno Voza
04-05-2008, 08:01 AM
The crazy thing about the ending is that the only compass you had pointed to the boat itself. No one told you the correct bearing to leave the island without experiencing the wierd effect that Faraday mentioned in the episode "The Constant".

--- Faraday frantically looks for his journal. Jack wants to know why Desmond thinks it's 1996. Faraday says it's a random, unpredictable effect. The displacement is sometimes only a couple hours, other times it's years. ---

But the wierd thing is that the girl wasn't with you on the island when you crashed at the beginning of the game, so the effect doesn't seem limited to time as far as the game is concerned. What makes me wonder is that I heard the writers were quite involved as far as ensuring the game followed the story bible, so just how much artistic license did Ubi take with that ending? Or is this a gift preview of a larger alternate reality aspect to the show not yet revealed on television but planted here early by the Lost "team" as some kind of easter egg for some of the more ravenous fans? It's wierd though, I thought the writers said something about no alternate realities so it will be interesting to see if the show ever attempts to address this odd bit of information and how it is done.

Capocci 007
04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
i just beat this. Whats the ending about ? i dont watch the shows but is that girl lisa really alive ?

nightmare975
04-25-2008, 04:25 AM
i just beat this. Whats the ending about ? i dont watch the shows but is that girl lisa really alive ?

No idea, they never have been in any episode as of yet.

sensespanic
04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
No idea, they never have been in any episode as of yet.
Well to start, you will never see the characters in this game (that being the main character and the girl) on the show. They are a part of an entirely separate storyline that was supposed to be happening concurrently with what we have already seen on the show in the first three seasons. The story of these characters is similar to that of Nikki and Paulo for those who watch the show and know who they are.

WARNING - - SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT!!!!! - - DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE ENDING!!!!

I also know that like Kuzarno mentioned, the writers had a hand in this game and so the ending is not something that Ubi simply made up on their own. The writers said that there would be a suprise at the ending for fans of the show that WAS pertinent to the show. I will say that when I saw the ending I immediately thought of the alternate reality theory myself. It would be hard to explain it in any other fashion UNLESS you take into account time travel. It would not be impossible to presume that the main character may have gone back in time, knowing what he learned in the future, and altered the past in such a way that the girl was still alive. This would not be impossible considering the revelations of Season 4 which I will not divulge here in case there are people who haven't seen it yet.

As a side note . .the ending is really the ONLY interesting part of the game. Just thought I'd add that for anyone who HASN'T suffered through the game yet. You are better off just asking people about the ending.

justinpf
04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Yep, the ending is exactly like every episode of Lost, it just makes you feel like you HAVE to see the next episode (or game, for this matter). I am interested in a sequal, if they decide to make one. Just give the game some actual gameplay this time.

Codename_47
06-01-2008, 06:16 PM
the end of season 4.... oh god i cant live anymore

gatorbait
07-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Yep, the ending is exactly like every episode of Lost, it just makes you feel like you HAVE to see the next episode (or game, for this matter). I am interested in a sequal, if they decide to make one. Just give the game some actual gameplay this time.

That being said, I'm really curious if they will make another Lost game. Obviously I'd like them to put a lot more work into the game and at least make it feel like a game instead of an interactive storybook. I'm curious to see where they were going with that ending and wouldn't mind another Lost game to see it.

doom3killer
07-05-2008, 10:46 PM
That game amazed me. I didn't expect it to be this good. If they somehow tie the main character and the girl into season five, that would be awesome!

MakeshiftMinty
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I liked the whole game but dont think il play it through again. the endings strange but it is the best thing about lost.