PDA

View Full Version : To all of you UK gamers...

Fonkey Monkey
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
i have a question for you. do you know if there is a cricket game out/coming out? i really wanna pick one up if there is. and just wondering if you know if it will be region free or not cuz i know football manager was. thank you.:bow:

P1NSEEKER
07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
I havent heard anything to be honest i was actually talking to a friend about this and it dosent look good. I thought that at least EA would bring out an update of their cricket game.

Minty
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Id have thought that there would be a rugby game by now as well, but no signs of that, although they released it for the original xbox :(

ModoX
07-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm far from a cricket fan, but I did just stumble across this ...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66215

Fonkey Monkey
07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
cool, thank you. im not a fan either. in fact i know absolutley nothing about it.
but ive heard its kinda similar to baseball so i though i might take a look into it.

snafegeeza
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Cricket is not similar to baseball. The only things that are similar is that you have a bat and a ball. Baseball is basically rounders with silly gloves.

Minty
07-21-2006, 12:24 PM
couldnt have put it any better myself....

ModoX
07-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Lol, yeah, they're not really alike at all. I used to watch baseball late at night on channel 5, it was great. Can get a bit boring at times of course, I guess for you Americans it's more of a day out thing?

Anyways, cricket (by the sounds of it many will disagree) is terribly boring. It gets thrown, then hit, then they try and run back and forth a lot. There's really nothing at all to it, not in terms of skill and techniques of course, just in terms of actual things happening to keep a viewer entertained.

I should point out I'm bias because I don't really like any sport, minus motor sports.

Minty
07-21-2006, 12:47 PM
If your not into it then a 5 day test match can seem boring- but thats because its down to a battle of the minds.

If you ever get the chance to see 20-20 cricket, that is a great laugh and itsmore exciting as the play is more aggresive.

Webb
07-21-2006, 06:06 PM
ive heard its kinda similar to baseball so i though i might take a look into it.

OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG

How about you do some research before you make such stupid and naive comments! Thats just fucking stupid!

Get out of this forum now!

Sgt Hobo
07-21-2006, 06:19 PM
is cricket the thing with mallets and little metal arches? or was i making that up?

Minty
07-21-2006, 06:26 PM
croquet you mean??

Sgt Hobo
07-21-2006, 06:27 PM
o that's what that is, ok nevermind.

Webb
07-21-2006, 06:29 PM
is cricket the thing with mallets and little metal arches? or was i making that up?

OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG

You can get out as well :eek:

Fonkey Monkey
07-22-2006, 12:02 AM
OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG

How about you do some research before you make such stupid and naive comments! Thats just fucking stupid!

Get out of this forum now!

Like i said before, i want to know if a game is coming out, and if it is, then i will look into the real life game of cricket. Jeez your awful pissy today:p

Webb
07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Like i said before, i want to know if a game is coming out, and if it is, then i will look into the real life game of cricket. Jeez your awful pissy today:p

Your talking about MY sport! I play twice a week through the summer and I can't believe you said it'd be like baseball!

Thats like me saying that American Football is like tennis :p

The Editor
07-22-2006, 04:08 AM
The pics they released are looking very stunning.Cant wait for this game though.Hopefully the gameplay ist too bad.

snafegeeza
07-22-2006, 08:33 AM
"I dont like cricket................ I love it"

Minty
07-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Your talking about MY sport! I play twice a week through the summer and I can't believe you said it'd be like baseball!

Thats like me saying that American Football is like tennis :p

Theres no padding in tennis, so its probably a more macho game

Webb
07-23-2006, 12:22 PM
The pics they released are looking very stunning.Cant wait for this game though.Hopefully the gameplay ist too bad.

Agreed. For those that wanna see them...

http://www.planetxbox360.com/index.php?view=article&article=1652&cat=1

xX MaslaN Xx
07-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Now what the hell is "Cricket?" is it like the great American sport BASEBALL?:D

Minty
07-23-2006, 12:30 PM

The great "American" sport of baseball is an English game called rounders. Deal with it.

Its people being this ignorant to the UK that gets ignored on this site, but when its in reverse everyone takes offense.

Webb
07-23-2006, 12:30 PM

Do you wanna get shot? Seriously. DO YOU WANNA GET SHOT!!!

Your another one! GET OUT! How dare you! :nana

xX MaslaN Xx
07-23-2006, 12:34 PM
The great "American" sport of baseball is an English game called rounders. Deal with it.

Its people being this ignorant to the UK that gets ignored on this site, but when its in reverse everyone takes offense.
Im really am not offended by anything u just said...so......USA rocks:Bounce:

Do you wanna get shot? Seriously. DO YOU WANNA GET SHOT!!!

Your another one! GET OUT! How dare you! :nana

well i know who high the crime rate is over there so i best stay away :D

Webb
07-23-2006, 12:36 PM

Now thats spam!!

xX MaslaN Xx
07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Now thats spam!!
sorry my lord, i shall leave this thread

Minty
07-23-2006, 12:41 PM

1. Your in a post for the UK- the place that founded USA.
2. Dont even start about crime levels- especially gun crime. Think yours is around 9000 times higher than ours
3. This is spam- and offensive spam at that. Which you have been warned about

xX MaslaN Xx
07-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Which you have been warned about
WHAT WHEN!?!?!

Webb
07-23-2006, 12:46 PM
WHAT WHEN!?!?!

I warned you about spamming! You know that!

invincible rob
07-23-2006, 07:04 PM
go dawebb, go dawebb go dawebb
not really a cricket fan but it beats the american rip off
if theres one thing the simpsons has taught me its that baseball is boring unless you have alcohol