PDA

View Full Version : Revive account and lose most achievements

8goodking
03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
I regret it so much.
I have been playing offline for a long time so I became a stranger to Xbox Live. Today I decided to go online in search of new stuff but a catastrophy occured. In the event, I lost 3000 gamerscore.
What happened was as follows. I saw two options in the Xbox Live page, which are "create a new account" and "revive your old account from Live". By instincts, I chose the latter. But then the machine downloaded the records on Live which REPLACED my current offline data thoroughly!
I am more than shocked. My wrath is burning. The remaining 1325 gamerscore means nothing by now. I would like to delete this account permenantly and create another to log into LIVE. But I fear that it isn't viable. If I can't create another account to be my LIVE account then can I change the name of my current LIVE account? (So sad, please help)

DreadfulCorpse
03-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Yes you can always change your account name, but there's a cost, 800MSP.

8goodking
03-27-2008, 10:34 AM

You mean I can't give up the whole account but only change the name? Shit, I prefer to wipe out everything and start from 0 gamerscore. This psychological response may be quoted from AvP: "When the hunters lost, they make sure nothing survived."

Are my achievements truly certified? And can I create a new account and then make it the default on paying 800MSP (what the hell is this? Gamerscore shoudn't be deducted right?) What are the procedures of doing it?

----------------------------

I figured out that MSPs are very dear indeed. Not worthy of purification for that amount. Seems like I have to work a long way to gain back my trophies... I googled and found a few topics like these. Some people are like me. They moved and were too lazy to connect to Xbox Live. Then one day they recovered the gamertag on Live and all offline points wiped.

DreadfulCorpse
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
You mean I can't give up the whole account but only change the name? Shit, I prefer to wipe out everything and start from 0 gamerscore. This psychological response may be quoted from AvP: "When the hunters lost, they make sure nothing survived."

Are my achievements truly certified? And can I create a new account and then make it the default on paying 800MSP (what the hell is this? Gamerscore shoudn't be deducted right?) What are the procedures of doing it?

----------------------------

I figured out that MSPs are very dear indeed. Not worthy of purification for that amount. Seems like I have to work a long way to gain back my trophies... I googled and found a few topics like these. Some people are like me. They moved and were too lazy to connect to Xbox Live. Then one day they recovered the gamertag on Live and all offline points wiped.

I don't quite understand you, but you can just a create a new profile and start from scratch, I think that would be the best option, and if you want those 1000points back just get an easy game, like Avatar, 2min and you got yourself 1000points back.

pwjuggalo
03-28-2008, 05:02 AM
ok so if i understand you recovered your account from the big M and they last had you save at 3000 less then what yo were now....my question is why couldn't you just use the account you were using if it was the same account that you recovered then you should have just been able to sign in and XBL would have updated itself to your current standings in GS....btu if you want to start all over all you have to do is delete the GT off of you hard drive....then create new account for XBL....hope this helps

8goodking
03-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Would Microsoft delete my gamertag as well when I executed it? That 1325 points are barely anything worth saving. Also, I was wrong to use the real name in the gamertag so I had better use another.

Another concern is about the erasion of data. Would deleting account leave any trash files in the Hard Drive that would cause instability? It really hurts to have this accident! Well, do I need to pay Microsoft Points for this?

You can also advise me how to just create a new account, make it the LIVE account replacing the current one. I wanted to destroy it just for the temporary anger and for the name problem so it isn't the main story.

I have heard others suffering. It isn't viable to merge the account. Referring to what I knew, achievements obtained offline are all invalid. Once a player retrieve his gamertag, the old data will overwrites the offline data and that's over.
So, it means we must use the account connected to LIVE to play games so that the data will have back-up by MS.

Astian
03-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I had a similar problem with Eternal Sonata where I was playing offline and when I connected to XBOX LIVE the previous Achievements were wiped, however once I unlocked the next Achievement, it gave me all the other ones back. Don't know if it will be the same in your situation...

Pheonix_Assassin
03-28-2008, 09:19 AM
No you can trick Live into doing it for free just get 10 people to File complaint on ya GT

DreadfulCorpse
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
No you can trick Live into doing it for free just get 10 people to File complaint on ya GT

Haha, didn't know that, interesting.

8goodking
03-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Updating the situation. A new profile has been created and registered to LIVE. Everything is fine. Though I didn't find a way to exterminate the old account, it remains a small concern because the storage space is ample.

Da_moopintot
03-29-2008, 07:19 PM
a similar thing happened to me
when my xbox broke i recovered my profile on a few friends hardrives
then when i got it back my profile woudnt work, so they deleted their copies and i deleted mine, but i had already tried recovering it again so i lost all my gamerscore
but it came back a week or so later.
i dont know how it happenend.

allekpastrana
03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
good tip...give it a shot

JesusBread
03-29-2008, 09:31 PM
You are seriously making such a little thing seem like something huge. No one died, calm down.

Delete your account and that's all you have to do.