PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Stole My Data

MCSS Aerocoupe
03-27-2008, 01:46 PM
I had about 15-20 houses, bought every car and bike in the game (except DLC that was not free), every article of clothing, about $5,000,000 in-game cash, and all but about 3 achievements. I started the game up yesterday and got a message saying my data was missing. I went back to the dashboard, went to memory and in the Games it shows game data and the DLC for the game. Started the game again, still said it couldn't find my data. So to get my last 3 achievements, I had to restart the game from scratch

I am so freggin pissed!:chair

Sorry, just had to rant and get that out of my system. At least I can feel better knowing I never bought any of the DLC that should have been free. But makes me want to never buy/use an Atari product ever again.

TonySki
04-12-2008, 08:51 PM
this hapenned to a friend of mine. same thing only all he needed was the MP achievements and 5 K miles.

Maartos
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Same thing happened to me with only one achievement to go.... But a few weeks later my xbox broke down, so I sended it to be repaired. When it came back I wanted to play Test Drive. So I put the disc in my 360 and it worked just fine. Thank god I didn't start a whole new game!! I have the full 1000 now :p

MCSS Aerocoupe
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, luckily for me, the last 3 achievements are Club Races, and Ranked Multiplayer, so I can get them without too much trouble.

zyrobyte
04-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Every time I want to play I have to re-download the "Hardcore Mode" DLC just to continue my game. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with any of your problems, but it is very annoying. Does anyone know a solution to this by any chance?

MCSS Aerocoupe
04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
The only DLC I have is the free car packs, nothing more.

My solution is simple, get my last 3 achievements and forget about the game. It is a shame though, I used to enjoy riding around in the game...

mastercamo
06-08-2008, 08:56 AM
This happens often because the actual data that is avail on marketplace differs from what we actually downloaded the first time and is what is contained in our gamesaves.

MCSS Aerocoupe
06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
This happens often because the actual data that is avail on marketplace differs from what we actually downloaded the first time and is what is contained in our gamesaves.

So if they revise the DLC people can lose their data? Talk about BS!

johanheld
06-25-2008, 12:23 PM
same thing happened to me :(

iCe-b0mB
08-16-2008, 03:49 AM
same thing happened to me but i had loads of achievements to go ... i just stopped playing the game, pity :(

RyuOn360
08-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Same happend to me when a mate started a NEW GAME & it overwrote my original game save with only 4 Achievements left.

Lucky that they are 15 & 30 ranked wins / do all model & delivery jobs / drive 5000miles / drive on every road.

Ive only just put the game back in my console as the pain was too much last year to carry on.

Im just gonna do most of the driving achv on a bike as i can just use my pad then to do some cruising round the island

Im still gutted tho, one of the best XBox games this Gen i think.

Ive gotta get 1000pts on this game.:rant:

I had all the downloaded content for cars & the advance driving pack so i will report back to say if i can use it all

o Mandrick o
08-18-2008, 11:50 AM
I put mine three days ago in having not played it for many a month (march 08 it think)
First thing that popped up in the News

"you are trying to use an old save. Please do not try this again as we will impose online restrictions"

Not my fault my XBOX broke and I'm now on number three is it?
Stupid Atari

I carried on regardless and luckily it appears to be OK. Still can't beat the drive ins for my last 10 measly points....

DreadZer0
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
you're lucky. You got easy stuff to do.

My data was screwed up when i had about 2% of the roads left to drive on, and with most of the challenges.

So i've left it.

IncensedCape
11-26-2008, 06:33 PM
The same thing happened to me...I'd stopped playing the game and then I got Xbox Live, decided to do the easy online achievements and boom - no save found :(