PDA

View Full Version : I feel let down

Spud 923
03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
when i got this game i really thought i was getting a really good exciting burnout but unfourtunatly i feel let down because i feel other burnouts in the recent past (burnout revenge and burnout 3 takedown) have lived up to expectations and this one hasn't. Anyone feel the same way ?

Hayden
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I think this is the 2nd best Burnout game after 2, it took me a little while to get into but its great and the on line is brilliant

D.scream
03-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I'd have to knock off some points for the terrible soundtrack

StickyFingers
03-27-2008, 07:13 PM
when i got this game i really thought i was getting a really good exciting burnout but unfourtunatly i feel let down because i feel other burnouts in the recent past (burnout revenge and burnout 3 takedown) have lived up to expectations and this one hasn't. Anyone feel the same way ?
Expectations, what expectations? What you see is what you get.

How is this not exciting? To know a city at the top of your thumb, to beat your opponent by the second thanks to a small shortcut or a better way to the finish is exciting.

If you watched, read or listened at how this game is going to be and even played the demo, then you know what to expect.

Your post shows me nothing, you only whine and on top of that you took 2 older games that are different from one another. Tell us what's wrong with it, did you even play for more than 5 minutes.

Tell us or this thread never happened, just a waste of space. :locked

And please stop talking about BO2 and living in the past. It WAS an awesome game back then, there ARE better BO's now. I played part 2 last week and finished the last 2 races to complete the game with pain in my eyes. I felt I was playing Burnout Legends on the PSP.

blackmagic16
03-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd have to knock off some points for the terrible soundtrack The power of being able to play your own music.
Anyway theres a thread like this already.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55933

Seankichu
03-29-2008, 01:19 PM
have you tried..........CRASHING!!! :woop:

foster0130
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
no way this is one of my favorite games

RangerRob
03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Expectations, what expectations? What you see is what you get.Expectations based upon previous Burnouts. If you name a game as part of a known franchise it is expected that the game continues on the standards set by previous editions of that franchise.

How is this not exciting? To know a city at the top of your thumb, to beat your opponent by the second thanks to a small shortcut or a better way to the finish is exciting.It's Burnout, aftertouch was one of the things which made the racing part fun, without that it's just another race game of which there are already too many. People who buy Burnout don't usually do it because they love bog-standard racing games.

If you watched, read or listened at how this game is going to be and even played the demo, then you know what to expect.Not really. The demo was extremely small, I played it myself but I can't say I noticed there was no retry. Now burning towards my Elite license and you can bet I'm noticing lack of retry.

Personally I really like this game and am pleased with my purchase, but it could have been better. If it had Showtime events, Aftertouch, Retry and Split-Screen then it would have been the perfect Burnout. As things currently stand it's good but not as good as it could've been.

edit: To be honest I can do without Showtime and although I do miss aftertouch, it's the lack of retry that really kills this game for a lot of people.

I could name at least 7 people I know who haven't purchased Paradise who would do if retry was added. That is just the people I know, I don't even want to think about how many sales around the world must have been lost purely because of this one issue.

If they implement a patch or DLC which incorporates the retry option alone I'm sure it would make a lot of people who've been holding off purchasing the game change their minds.

I'll say it again, overall this is a fantastic game, but it could've been just that bit better.

HeLLa RaW SHOT
04-01-2008, 01:46 AM
i think this was the best one. but then again i never played the other ones..

pined5551
04-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Well thats a bit of a dumb thing to say.....

I've got 1 & 2, they were both brilliant, and so's this one. I was a bit concerned about the "EA" badge on the front as they tend to make terrible games (other than sports - allthough I still hate sport games), however with a total of 52 hours play I can't complain that it's not enetertaining to say the least. Especially when you consider that i like the game even more now than when I first started. Also I agree that its got one of the best online multiplayers around (racing wise that is)!!