PDA

View Full Version : How to beat Target Time on "Colossal Donut"

shilky
03-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been reading a ton of tips and hints on this site for many months now, and I must say this is a great site with a very helpful community.

Anyway, the only thing I need to 100% the game is to beat the Target Time (4 min) on "Shadow of a Colossal Donut". It might be easy for some of you, but I'm just having a hard time at it. Can anyone share their strategy for this please? Like where on the map to go, and what to jump off for the 2nd and (more importantly) 3rd shots.

Thanks!

shilky
03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, I finally got this after trying a few different strategies. Here it is if anyone else is interested:

When the level starts, run straight ahead slightly left with Bart. Run pass the pink store and turn left and loop around the back of it and come out the other side. If timed correctly Lard Lad will be facing the other way, and you get an easy shot. Disable him and run straight ahead towards the buildings.
When you get close you should be able to grapple hook onto the building and automatically bounce off 2 mattresses to the top. Jump across to the other building and bounce off another mattress to a higher building top. At this point, Lard Lad should be right in front of you. Make sure you stay hidden behind the vent duct thing. When Lard Lad finally moves, move towards the edge of the building. You should have a clear shot at him, then jump and glide to the 2nd platform and disable him again. So far pretty simple.
The 3rd shot is a bit tougher. Lard Lad will run back towards where he started the game at. Run towards the steal beam structures and jump on a dumpster to bounce up. There is a blowing vent towards the left, jump on that with Bart and go up to the highest platform. You should see Lard Lad in the distance. Now switch to Homer and go towards Lard Lad (roll & dash to save time). Keep a distance and bait him closer to where Bart is. I eventually positioned Homer in front of the store so that Lard Lad is shooting at Homer, but he has his back towards Bart (who is still on the high platform). Switch back to Bart, shoot the final hatch on Lard Lad, and jump off the beam and glide to that 3rd hatch and disable him.

Once I figured out this route, it took me a few tries to get the timing right. I was able to finish the level in less than 3 mins (target time is 4 min). Now I finally have all 1000 pts for this game. Woohoo!

tommyboy123
04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Nice Post Shilky!

I could never beat this time target, but using your strategy i did it in one!

SPARTIKU5
04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I couldn't do it either so i left it a few days came in from work and found my kids had finished it and all the other time trials :D

kovenant
05-14-2008, 11:45 PM
I couldn't do it either so i left it a few days came in from work and found my kids had finished it and all the other time trials :D

thats a whole new reason to have kids in the first place. boosting your gamerscore. haha.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/reject444.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/reject444)

gatorbait
05-27-2008, 05:00 AM
Damn, this worked like a charm. Aside from my own mistakes this was a perfect guide. I noticed that sometimes he wouldn't be where you needed him to be after circling that first pink building but as long as you get that to work then the rest just all goes according to plan.

Thanks a lot man, it was the last thing I needed for the 1k!

arCtiK reApEr
06-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I was trying to use your strategy, but I never could time the beginning right. I ended up getting completely lucky and finishing with a minute and 7 seconds left on my fourth or fifth try. :)

TommyGun81
11-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Great help, i did it in 1:39!!!

I found a way to really finish him off easy. Once you disabled him the 2nd time he runs toward the prison. Change to Homer and Homerball the hydrant near the prison...then change back to Bart and run towards the prison...Bartman up to the top and just shoot him a third time to finish him off by gliding from top of the prison to Lad...

...so easy

uh oh its renaud
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, I finally got this after trying a few different strategies. Here it is if anyone else is interested:

When the level starts, run straight ahead slightly left with Bart. Run pass the pink store and turn left and loop around the back of it and come out the other side. If timed correctly Lard Lad will be facing the other way, and you get an easy shot. Disable him and run straight ahead towards the buildings.
When you get close you should be able to grapple hook onto the building and automatically bounce off 2 mattresses to the top. Jump across to the other building and bounce off another mattress to a higher building top. At this point, Lard Lad should be right in front of you. Make sure you stay hidden behind the vent duct thing. When Lard Lad finally moves, move towards the edge of the building. You should have a clear shot at him, then jump and glide to the 2nd platform and disable him again. So far pretty simple.
The 3rd shot is a bit tougher. Lard Lad will run back towards where he started the game at. Run towards the steal beam structures and jump on a dumpster to bounce up. There is a blowing vent towards the left, jump on that with Bart and go up to the highest platform. You should see Lard Lad in the distance. Now switch to Homer and go towards Lard Lad (roll & dash to save time). Keep a distance and bait him closer to where Bart is. I eventually positioned Homer in front of the store so that Lard Lad is shooting at Homer, but he has his back towards Bart (who is still on the high platform). Switch back to Bart, shoot the final hatch on Lard Lad, and jump off the beam and glide to that 3rd hatch and disable him.

Once I figured out this route, it took me a few tries to get the timing right. I was able to finish the level in less than 3 mins (target time is 4 min). Now I finally have all 1000 pts for this game. Woohoo!

siiick strategy man i beat it in 2.33.71 respect man respect

allisd00m
02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
I used something pretty similar to this except the beginning one I could never pull off (couldn't even find the pink building, the one almost directly ahead wasn't pink for me) but found it much easier and quicker to just circle him until you could get the shot on him then just climb up, if he goes to stomp just jump

Tem0n
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Very nice strategy, thanks for posting it!

Rtype Delta
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Beautiful.:)

intrauma
10-28-2009, 10:44 AM
few months old i know but i couldnt let this thread go without a word of thanks - worked a beaute :D

DAck1244
11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks. I hate this challenge so much. I probably won't get around to doing it though.

the1mattyp
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I know the original post was years ago now but it's a very good method,anyone struggling should use it should get under 3 mins no probs......thanks man