PDA

View Full Version : You say "1600 MS Points? not worth it..." think again!

Apple
03-30-2008, 07:25 AM
At a whopping 1600MSP this might have you saying, no way Jose.
Just before you make a final decision take a look at some of the in-game features.

Create-a-Player system lets you design and develop your own character, seeing it come to life in 3D and in the comic-style 2D cut scenesCustomize
Hair
Head
Torso
Hands
Legs
Feet
Dynamic turn-based combat system, over-the-top animations and team-up moves during enemy battlesCould these be some of the best graphics the XBLA has to offer?
Classic adventure game play combines with RPG elements to unravel the game's mysteries and puzzlesWho doesn't love an RPG. If I'm not mistaken this will only be the second XBLA RPG released.
The ability to carry-over characters, stats, abilities, inventory, and look across all episodesThis means, if you buy this game/episode and they release another game/episode. You will be able to transfer all of your previous data onto the new game and start from where you left off.
A complete experience available in 8-10 hours of gameplay per episodeEach game is one episode, but you can be sure there will be more at an additional cost.
Pick-up and play capabilities from any episodeMission select on an arcade? Nice.

Raikovax
03-30-2008, 08:50 AM
The game seems nice and all but I don't want to pay $20 for a game and have my xbox get the red ring, because then if they replace it(which they have already done twice) i will lose the ability to play my arcade game offline.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
its all good but they should have rather gone in a real game base instead of the arcade especially for 20$... whoa... i doubt achievement boosters want that 200 gamerscore... maybe the rich ones but if they had like a 500 gamerscore since its near 1/2 of what a real game costs

Raikovax
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
its all good but they should have rather gone in a real game base instead of the arcade especially for 20$... whoa... i doubt achievement boosters want that 200 gamerscore... maybe the rich ones but if they had like a 500 gamerscore since its near 1/2 of what a real game costs

Yeah i agree with you I would like it to be a real game with higher gamerscore. I wouldnt mind paying 20 bucks for that.

Apple
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah i agree with you I would like it to be a real game with higher gamerscore. I wouldnt mind paying 20 bucks for that.

Not all games are meant to be gamerscore whored. Some are just meant to be fun.

Vista
04-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Any screenshots up yet??

Apple
04-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Any screenshots up yet??

here's a video

Penny Arcade

Raikovax
04-07-2008, 04:44 PM

Well I don't "whore" any of the games I have or my gamerscore would be much much higher. I can still enjoy the game while gaining acheivements, I do it with everygame I have.

MagnetixSQL
05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I just got done listening to the Major Nelson podcast and the guys from Penny Arcade were on there and the answer they gave for it costing $20 was very weak.....Sounds to me they are just Money Whores! I think I will take a pass on this game unless it gets labeled as most own. Also think about it...this is only part 1 of 4....if they keep this up in order to play the whole game you will have to drop $80 on it.

dreamweaver1984
05-19-2008, 08:11 PM
yea these people are just money hungry people i wont pay 20 bucks for a arcade game.. one person said but its for the gameplay,, well i dont typically buy arcade games unless they are 400 points,, unless i really like it i might pay 800 but thats a hugh stretch,, so enjoy paying way over the value of a game.. thankfully i wont..

Otisbum
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
yea these people are just money hungry people i wont pay 20 bucks for a arcade game.. one person said but its for the gameplay,, well i dont typically buy arcade games unless they are 400 points,, unless i really like it i might pay 800 but thats a hugh stretch,, so enjoy paying way over the value of a game.. thankfully i wont.. Just because it's available on the Arcade doesn't mean it can't have the same content packed into it that a retail does. And besides, even if it only has 1/2 of the content of a retail game, it's still just 1/3 of the price.

Don't let the lack of a tangible disc and game manual rule out the possibility that this could be just as good as, if not better than, a full game.
That said, I can understand someone being a bit skeptical about the pricetag. Just wait for some reviews or try out the demo and make your mind up then, don't ignore it just because of its high price.

redtokyoboxers
05-20-2008, 03:15 AM
I hope everyone that throws out the 'money whores' idea remembers to keep it real if they ever own their own businesses; I'd love to get my plumbing fixed at whatever value I deemed fair.

gatorbait
05-20-2008, 03:26 AM
I think many are just throwing this game aside simply because of the pricetag regardless if the game will be good or not. I think if it is an enjoyable game and holds up to the 7-10 hour length that I'm hearing then why wouldn't it be a worthy purchase? We already spend much more then $20 on games that are that short but the fact that this game is going to be released on the arcade I think makes people think it will just be a short simple game.

Guess we'll find out Wednesday by playing the trial.

greatREDvinny
05-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Don't let the lack of a tangible disc and game manual rule out the possibility that this could be just as good as, if not better than, a full game.

I will, because if me xbox red rings again I loose the game.

Asholay
05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I hope everyone that throws out the 'money whores' idea remembers to keep it real if they ever own their own businesses; I'd love to get my plumbing fixed at whatever value I deemed fair.

That's not what people are saying... they're saying they won't buy it at that price.

So using your ananolgy, I'd get my plumbing fixed - but I'd go to the plumber who will do it just as well as they guy who charges double the going rate..!

It doesn't matter how good something is, you can still price yourself out of a market.

redtokyoboxers
05-20-2008, 09:25 AM
That's not what people are saying... they're saying they won't buy it at that price.

So using your ananolgy, I'd get my plumbing fixed - but I'd go to the plumber who will do it just as well as they guy who charges double the going rate..!

It doesn't matter how good something is, you can still price yourself out of a market.

I'm specifically referring to the two posts in this topic that used the words 'Money Whores' and 'Money Hungry', in addition to the various posts and comments I've seen on the intarwebs with similar themes.

I honestly don't see what is so ridiculous about a twenty dollar XBLA title that advertises at least 7 hours of original content. People so far have been content with paying five dollars for TMNT or Smash TV, paying ten dollars for Metal Slug 3 or Bejeweled 2, or even paying fifteen dollars for Lumines Live or Bankshot Billiards during their first release. But twenty dollars is the breaking point?

It's up to ten hours of original content. It's going to be the first turn-based RPG on XBLA. Relatively, it's not priced out of most of the XBLA 'market'.

People can continue to say that the extra 400-800 points are absurd and ridiculous, and I will continue to not understand it.

patches4711
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I am going to get the game and I am fine with the price tag. I feel that with the content and what I have seen so far it is worth it. I am really looing forward to this game.

Ashz0r
05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I am going to get the game and I am fine with the price tag. I feel that with the content and what I have seen so far it is worth it. I am really looing forward to this game.

Agreed ^^

I don't care about the price tag at all.. come on people jesus christ its Penny Arcade!! Who cares about the price.. if its anywhere near as funny as their comics its priceless anyway.

Otisbum
05-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I will, because if me xbox red rings again I loose the game. Didn't think of that, great point.

MagnetixSQL
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I still think the reason they gave for why it cost $20 was still very weak! Also keep in mind it's only part 1 of 4.

Otisbum
05-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Now that I'll agree with. Hopefully they'll gradually lower the prices for the subsequent episodes. At least down to $15 each.

Maybe a few combo packs where you get two for $30.

omgyjya_switch7
05-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I have just played the demo and, although I was not expecting much, it does seem like a really decent game.

Even so, I shall not be purchasing it because of the pricetag.

Over here in the UK 1600 Microsoft points is 13.60GBP, which at todays rate is $26.73USD! Far too expensive for an Arcade game, I recently bought Halo 3 pre-owned for only a fraction more.

Savok
05-21-2008, 01:24 PM
For christ sake, it's a full episode of content. It's on XBLA because Penny Arcade love digital distribution.

LoadedCannon
05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
It does seem rather expensive, but I spent a lot more on two worlds and that was turd, and some of you bought games like open season for a lot more cash and a lot less gameplay.

If the reviews are good then the price doesn't really matter.

LC

CORPSE CRISIS
05-21-2008, 02:12 PM
personally for only 200Gs..what a rip of..its like the dlc for small arms..250 microsoft points for a lame 20Gs...this is my opinion..

ShinobiSteve81
05-21-2008, 02:16 PM
personally for only 200Gs..what a rip of..its like the dlc for small arms..250 microsoft points for a lame 20Gs...this is my opinion..

Heaven forbid you actually play a game because it's....*GASP* fun, as opposed to how many gamerscore points you can get out of it. What the hell did you do before there was such thing as GS? Did you even play video games?

sh0ckwave
05-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Blasphemy.

:p kidding but yeah I will have to try the demo before I just shell out 20 bucks for an arcade game.

Kif
05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
yea these people are just money hungry people i wont pay 20 bucks for a arcade game.. one person said but its for the gameplay,, well i dont typically buy arcade games unless they are 400 points,, unless i really like it i might pay 800 but thats a hugh stretch,, so enjoy paying way over the value of a game.. thankfully i wont..
I never understood how people can argue against paying for quality games and still pay out money for bad games just to boost gamerscore.

PA looks good to me, but Rock Band is out this week here, so I'm a little strapped for cash. Not to mention I still need to get Ikaruga. I'll pick it up next month I think.

ThrillKillBill
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Having just tried this game I wonder where you people keep coming with the "quality game" label for it. It's a cheesy simplistic style rpg that's has nothing extremely special about it. That being said, if your a penny arcade fan then you'll probably enjoy the game and its humor but I still doubt you'll place this game on any of your "top 5" lists unless you make a new list centered around this game. I don't think I can justify paying $20 for cheesy graphics, boring storyline and simplistic gameplay when I can get all that for free by playing Majesty on the PC (just to note, I did and still love Majesty but it fits the above description).

Maybe, just maybe i'm wrong and the gameplay/storyline may pick up after the first few levels but I don't know....... at this point I'm not even sure my interest would be sparked at 400MSP but thats just me.

Atleast I actually tried it before complaining though, I'd like to see more people do that ;)

MagnetixSQL
05-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you Bill!

ShinobiSteve81
05-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Storyline-wise I'm at the first big boss fight of the game, and stuff leading up to it has been hilarious and great. Also the battles can get rather hectic at times when trying to time combos/item usage, all while paying attention to enemies attacking so you can try to block/counter them correctly. The demo was just that....a demo. The story aspect of the demo wasn't anything overly exciting, and the fighting was rather 'simplistic', but as I said....it all picks up as you advance further in. If it's not your cup of tea because of those kind of things, at least it's a better reason than the whole "$20 for only 200GS? WTF?!?!?1!!1one!!??eleventyone!" that people bring up.

Ashz0r
05-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Got it this morning. I like the idea for the combat system its pretty hectic and if your a penny arcade fan like me your going to find it funny from the very beggining ^^

I'm not fussed about the cost in the UK its about 13 pound.. I spend more then that on crap I don't even need every week. Anyone complaining about the price and has Naruto, open season or king kong on their gamescore are just hypocrits lol..

peterk
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Was skeptical, played the demo and the first remark from a NPC had me dying with laughter. Paid for the full game soon thereafter and haven't regretted it for a second. Lot of fun, great design, entertaining story, humpy robots and bleeding mime corpeses.

MikeinSC
05-22-2008, 01:31 AM
This game is what The Bard's Tale last gen tried to be --- a very funny send-up of the RPG genre. It's not mind-blowing, but the writing is excellent and it is a very amusing distraction. I have no problem with the price tag. I mean, they have crap like Gauntlet: Seven Swords for almost as much.

ThrawnOmega
05-22-2008, 01:43 AM
I may get this one eventually. I don't strenuously object to the price, but it is enough to make me wait on it until I have more cash lying around (and certainly not before the end of GSL VI, when I'll have way too much else to play).

I wonder if there's any chance of a retail disc release containing all the episodes in the future. If there was, I'd probably just wait for that.

Parkerktm
05-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Game looks good, but i'm not sure if i can pull myself to spend $20 on an arcade game. I could buy a great retail game for that, i'm not trying to put down this game, it looks great in all perspectives but i'll defiently have to think on this one

Darth Cuda
05-22-2008, 06:20 AM
I just tried the demo. I'm going to read some reviews, the $20 price tag did stop me from buying it at first (if it were 800 i would have just gotten it). I won't disregard the game because of the price but it is high enough that i am going to make a more-informed purchase. I'm not familiar with Penny arcade. with 10 hours of gameplay thats about $2/hr for entertainment, plus there is always replay. As far as ach pts go..I have been playing ever since the days of the NES. I play games for what the are not what points i can get. I will get the ach if i can but not if it takes the fun out of a game or its just next to impossible.

Fidget
05-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Hmm can I hazard a suggestion for the price tag? Probably a majority of the game purchases will be made by penny arcade fans (haarrrddcooore ones), and to narrow it down for xbox live, penny arcade fans who own an xbox. Whilst yes, the penny arcade fanbase is pretty huge, I wager its only a drop in the bucket in the complete gaming market. Thus, to 'break even' or even profit from this (and who wouldnt want to profit really) individual unit costs will need to be higher in order to cover costs etc. Yes it might be too steep for some people but fear not, there are plenty of other games in the sea.

Seankichu
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Some people seem to be forgetting that this game is a big fan service wank for us long time Penny Arcade fans (I've been into them since the early days when I was at school and have never missed a comic). So for me I will buy this game no matter what the price and so will many other die-hard PA cultists.

Like any product, if it doesn't appeal to you for the asking price then it obviously isn't for you. I'm a heavy believer in the mantra that stuff is worth what the target audience is willing to pay for it, just look at Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's, AUS $70 for a 30 song expansion pack with a lazy visual theme upgrade to the pre-existing sets and characters... and myself and the rest of my GH fanatic buddies still bought the fucker.

Kif
05-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I guess another thing to remember is that this is only the first of 4 episodes. Assuming they are all $20, that's $80 for 4 arcade games. So yeah I can see where people are coming from, especially since I've heard from someone who completed it that it only took him about 7 hours. For an adventure game, that's pretty weak.

tastefulmrship
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I wasted my hard-earned dosh to play this game and completed all 12 Achievements in the first day (just over 13 hours... two run-throughs). And at 1600MP that's not a lot of gameplay for your buck! Anyway, I've just finished my 3rd run-through (to help with the PACK RAT achievement in the guide) and I'm off to continue my journeys with Sam & Max Season 2. Funnily enough, Sam & Max cost just a little more than Penny Arcade, but can offer around 20hrs of gameplay (5x4hr episodes).

I guess I should have bought PA1 on the PC and saved myself a lot of money!

Here's a link 2 the interview by Major Nelsdon.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/05/18/show-279-gabe-and-tycho-from-penny-arcade.aspx

ShinobiSteve81
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I guess another thing to remember is that this is only the first of 4 episodes. Assuming they are all $20, that's $80 for 4 arcade games. So yeah I can see where people are coming from, especially since I've heard from someone who completed it that it only took him about 7 hours. For an adventure game, that's pretty weak.

I doubt they'd all be $20....I think the first one was because it's the initial game. The others will be using the same engines, character graphics and models, etc, so won't take so long to program I wouldn't think.

cerealkilla187
05-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Compare this game to other XBL games of the same genre. The graphics, writing, and overall gameplay for most other action/adventure/rpg XBL games is just flat out awful. Anyone ever play that turd of a game called Arkadian Warriors?? OMG that game was horrible. The graphics were Genesis at best. The writing and the audio was horrible. There is a reason that most XBL games only cost 400-800 msp, thats because they're garbage. This is also a PC game. For roughly $20, it'd be a good purchase for your PC. Why is the arcade any different?

Branden2010A
05-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Looks like an interesting game, if I come across the extra cash I will definitely get this.

tastefulmrship
05-24-2008, 07:23 AM
-=- Major Re-think Time -=-

I think MS need to re-think their pricing scheme for XBLA games. Most PC 'independant' titles are $20 when released, reducing in price about 6 months later (something Steam does quite regularily and well), but XBLA has halved this price for all titles. If PA1 is worth the asking price, then so should Rocketmen: Axis Of Evil. Both are RPGs, both are 6-8 hours long, both have a 'comicbook' style, both are over 100Mb is size, both have nonsensical Leaderboards, both have adult-related humour! One is double the price.

When Major Nelson asked Jerry Holkins why PA1 was priced at 1600MP he said that Bejewelled 2 was the same price. Ah! Technically, it's not, it's 800MP now, but it used to be 1600MP (I vaguely remember paying that when I was dying from man-flu a few years ago). He should have said that he was pricing it at the same level as the PC/Mac/Linux versions. I don't think there would have so been much of a problem if he had. The content may not be worth $20, but you can't argue with constant pricing across all platforms.

With this is mind, I think MS should re-think XLBA pricing to match the PC platform standards;

200MP-400MP - Miscellaneous downloadable content (new music titles, new characters, new costumes, etc)
800MP - Arcade conversions and 6 month old XLBA titles / Subsequent episodes on episodic game titles / Downloadable Content that adds extra levels or gameplay to a title.
1600MP - All new independant XLBA titles / Xbox originals.
2400MP - Premium XLBA titles.

This would have put PA1 firmly in the position it needs to be in. It's an independant XLBA title and should be priced to reflect that. Under no circumstances should it be classed as a Premium XLBA title, it simply doesn't have enough content.

We have been paying $10 for $20 games for too long, now. It's time Xbox360 grew up and joined the rest of the gaming community!
I also welcome the removing of old, bad or simply non-selling XBLA titles. I love Jeff Minter (in a gaming sense) and have since the 80s, but Space Giraffe wasn't even fit to be an olde-skool magazine type-in and needs to be removed from the planet.

Capocci 007
05-24-2008, 03:33 PM
so is it worth it ?

ShinobiSteve81
05-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Good lord, someone must be getting their moneys worth out of this...dude that's #1 on the leaderboards has over 1200 kills or so....2 playthroughs was enough for me to get my laughs again and get the other achievement I missed the first time....guess that person just wanted to be #1 on some leaderboard.

tastefulmrship
05-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Good lord, someone must be getting their moneys worth out of this...dude that's #1 on the leaderboards has over 1200 kills or so....2 playthroughs was enough for me to get my laughs again and get the other achievement I missed the first time....guess that person just wanted to be #1 on some leaderboard.

Just as long as it's not FROS7 187. He used an alternate account (that also had a 7 for a T in it and ended with 187, but I can't remember the rest... should have kept the messages, I guess!) to send me a number of threatening messages on Wednesday night (evening in US); one of them said he would 'switch off my internet' if I didn't stop playing Penny Arcade (and knock him off the #1 spot). When I lifted myself off the floor with laughter, I deleted it and carried on playing (I was going for the Silent But Deadly achievement).
I've checked his Gamercard and he only has 75GP for PA1 (Stray Cat, All Together Now, Fight 'Em With Items, Level Awesome, A Winner Is You, Nine Lives).

Not very interesting fact: Out of the Top Ten in the leaderboard, only 4 have got 200GP.

ShinobiSteve81
05-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Thankfully it's not that douche. I should check his out though and try to top it, see if he threatens me over XBL. What a loser.

An he's still at only 75, I'm guessing his other account is the one right above him in the leaderboards that ended in 87, had a pilot or some crap in there...either way, there's still a few people above him!

So sad that people care that much about something so stupid as being #1....achievement points I can understand a lil bit, but a friggin leaderboard, for a game that just counts however many times you play through it? Pathetic.

iamtehwin
05-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Laff at the fact that this game is 1600 ms points. I played the demo ( so that i don't get hung for saying its not worth it ) and it was obsurdly boring and unoriginal. I seen lots of posts saying forget about the fact that its only 200 gamerscore and play it for fun, and to respond to that why would you spend 20 bucks on a game thats less than 10 hours of gameplay when you could go to gaming graveyard and buy old rpgs ( that were actually good and looked better even though they weren't high def ) for example : Lufia 1 & 2 , Tales Of Destiny , Majority of Final Fantasy's , Breath of Fire series, and so on and so on. You could spend maybe a few more dollars than 20 bucks and get 3, 4, 5, 6, or even 7x as much gameplay value depending on how much you actually feel like completing. And to thoughs who are going to respond "what if we dont have those systems" then you dont know what GOOD RPG's are anyway and you picked the wrong system to get if you wanted RPG's. I love the 360, but also love RPG's and personally I havent seen a single turn based RPG worth a crap on the 360 and I have played em all.

This game has absolutely nothing special to offer in any way and is way to expensive for a few laughs and 7 hours of slow gameplay. Make it 400 points and I will buy it other wise I wont ever be looking at this series of disapointment from greedy developers who are so up their own a**es that they say " we think its worth the extra money " No thank you penny arcade I would rather go laugh at a cartoon and play a fun game when I want.

ShinobiSteve81
05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
I love the 360, but also love RPG's and personally I havent seen a single turn based RPG worth a crap on the 360 and I have played em all.

Mmmmkay....so are you just an oldschool RPG whore then or something? Last I checked Lost Odyssey was turn based, and I've heard nothing but good things about that....Eternal Sonata was good as well, having played that myself. Why do I want to play RPG's I've beaten years and years ago these days when there's fresh stuff out there?

And those old RPGs you're talking about didn't look better at all. Did enemies have corpses lying about for you to walk through to have their blood squirt from their dead bodies? Did they have that kind of detail in those games you bring up? No, they didn't.

I'd rather LAUGH at the fact that you spelled that word 'laff', over anything else you try to bring up in your post.

iamtehwin
05-25-2008, 05:43 AM
LO is a piece of crap just so you know, that game was boring right from the start to the hour i played it. Eternal Sonata I 1k'ed and regret ever putting it in my system considering the story was the crappiest thing i've ever seen and the game it self had absolutely no challenge to it at all even on the harder mode. And to top that off the games were better graphicly because it was simple not because a pointless dead body was lying on the floor. Oooooo i'm so impressed by that. Anyway I spelled laugh correctly at the end so obviously it was on purpose. Next time you get on here and try to get all pissy at me because I seen a big waste of money that I could through down the drain and decideed to express my opinion, remember that your silly little insults are still just that. Grow up kid.

Oh and also there was blue dragon, HAHAHAHA wow that was also garbage and easy as sin. Why would I want a game made around a crappy anime from japan with stupid voice acting un original gameplay and a world filled with all the same enemies except the higher level ones were differnt colors. And the old RPG's comment was for people who say play games just for fun, If you buy a game and play it once then you should just rent, Ive played may RPG's multiple times and enjoyed them every time. Penny Arcade is the biggest waste of time I've seen on XBLA. And yet again thats my opinion make sure you keep your silly little insults to a minimum with your next waste of time post that states absolutely nothing important. :uzi:

tastefulmrship
05-25-2008, 07:55 AM
iamtehwin, you have touched upon a very good point, there! You can rent Retail games to gain your 1000GP, you don't actually have to pay full-whack for them (Avatar, King Kong, Lost VD, etc). This cuts-out the 'price vs gameplay' argument as most people will recommend renting a game if it's dire! If you end up buy the thing, then it's your decision alone!
XLBA (other than the anthology collection disc) does not support renting of titles for quite obvious reasons. This means you have to look at the product and compare it with others in the XLBA range; comparing price, length of gameplay, type of gameplay and longevity. Without a multiplayer element, SP games have a seriously low replay value. Someone here mentioned how bad Arkadian Warriors was (I thought it was entertaining and fun being an olde Gauntlet fan!), but at least it had an MP mode to expand the experience. If you could have played PA1 with two friends (as Gabe or Tycho) then this game would DEFINITELY been worth the money. As it is, it's an over-priced simplistic RPG that'll slip down your gamercard faster than a $2 whore.

Maybe, instead of deleting old, crappy titles, they should consider renting those old, crappy titles not fit to remain in the XLBA archives for 100GP a day or something.

Astian
05-25-2008, 08:03 AM
LO is a piece of crap just so you know.

No.

Lost Odyssey is a Sakaguchi Masterpiece.

If you didn't like it, then the only logical explanation would be because you didn't understand it. The storyline had plenty of depth, originality and a colourful cast of characters that were far more fleshed out than a lot of characters in any of the Playstation 2, or even PSX era RPG titles.

iamtehwin
05-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Why is it when someone doesnt like a game ( like LO) that all of a sudden they are damned because of it. The game had depth and a colorfull cast of characters? Thats nice but IN MY OPINION it was crap. Not because I dont have "depth."

And tasteful you pointed out another key thing, arkadian warriors although alot thought sucked I enjoyed mainly due to the co-op it had with the gauntlet style of play. It was 800 points and it was fun for one run and if someone needs help with it to up their gamerscore its still fun to play with someone. As where you have this 20 dollar game that has absolutely no reason to replay.

ShinobiSteve81
05-25-2008, 04:34 PM
"And yet again thats my opinion make sure you keep your silly little insults to a minimum with your next waste of time post that states absolutely nothing important."

As if your post had anything important in it? It was just an oldschool RPG fanboy rant. And how does 'simple' make something graphically better? It makes it graphically 'simpler', which doesn't mean better last time I checked. PA's graphics fit the game perfectly, and what it's trying to be like....the comic. They aren't some 2D characters made of sprites with 3 frames of animation or anything like that.

And I didn't even bring up Blue Dragon...because that game does suck.

Apple
05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Keep it on-topic. I don't want to hear petty arguments. I can say without a doubt that's everyone's opinion. :offtopic:

antnie
05-25-2008, 04:47 PM
I would get it, if it was cheaper. $20, is alot for a arcade game. Also the game only has 200 points available.

Jamnjen247
06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
ok.. so im not into achievement points..and my bf..downloaded it on his XBOX, so we kinda got the 2 for 1 deal. i haven't really got into the combat:uzi: or fighting games.. and this is the closet thing to it that i have ever came.. and i BEAT IT..it was challenging at first.. and always hilarious. i cant wait for ep2!:woop:

so i think def. worth the $20 if you want something different and something alot of people would be able to play.

panicky
06-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Well I think 1600 points is just too much to pay for an Arcade Game. Now that so many people have bought the game what's to stop the next highly anticipated arcade titles coming out to be priced at 1600 points or even more? Most consumers will buy anything just because it has a popular label on it, and I won't be a part of that trend. Penny Arcade isn't doing you a favor by making the game, you pay their salaries. Wouldn't it have been so much better if Penny Arcade said Hey we have so many fans, let's go ahead and give them a great price on our game, but they didn't.. in fact they made it the most expensive arcade game on the marketplace. (if i'm not mistaken) 20$ isn't a lot of money to most people including myself, but I definately HATE wasting money and I feel after I get my 200GS i'd say to myself. Hey.. I want my money back. Besides there are too many great games that you can find used that are around 20$ or less. Regardless of the content in this game, They could have still priced it at 800 points. One could argue that it's possible they could have made even more of a profit due to the fact that it would have appealed to people who aren't fans of the comics. That's just my two cents. Peace.

tastefulmrship
06-18-2008, 12:46 PM
For christ sake, it's a full episode of content. It's on XBLA because Penny Arcade love digital distribution.

PA are also famous for slating software companies for overpricing some of the pap they've produced! And then they release a game that's double the normal price (for <150Mb games). Hypocrasy! Tycho, for one, should be ashamed! Gabe? Well, 'nuff said!