PDA

View Full Version : Duh-help?

General Rebel
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I've played so many games trying to get ROBBERY & THIEF

One game I stole SEVEN bases - nothing.

When trying to rob a homerun, my guy never makes it to the spot on time.
I set them deep for every batter, they don't get to the catch.

WTF

spankyNspronkle
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
As for Robbery... play as the twins against the yankees... play as the home team... pitch fastballs down the middle of the plate and set your outfield to deep... and just hope they hit a shallow homerun so hunter can catch it... I ran up a score of 80-0 in the 6th inning before i got this achievement.

For Theif just follow the achievement guide that is at the top of the forum... Make sure you are on pro... if you change the wrong settings they will be on "custom" and you wont get the achievements.

General Rebel
04-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I've done both of those...I plan on playing the game one more time before sending it back.
either I have 1000 or I'll play something else & move on...

spankyNspronkle
04-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry I couldnt have been any more help. The Theif one should be able to unlock... but unfortunately the Robbery one is mostly luck... Many people get it without even trying for it... and some people have to try to get it for hours just hoping to get lucky...

General Rebel
04-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I do appreciate the help.
I've played as in the guide but did not go the full 9 innings due to frustration.
It's weird, I have yanks all the way up (playing Cooperstown) but I just don't get to the red diamond in time to get the prompt for RS & robbery.
Oh well!!!
And with the thief, I wait until the pitcher lifts his leg, run to second, steal 7 bases, & I get nothing.
At this point, it's laughable.
It's okay, I got other games to play. I can live with 700 GP for this game if I don't get it this time.