PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Level(s) of DOOM

Nevander
04-06-2008, 10:28 PM
This thread is dedicated to discussion of the hardest levels, feel free to post strategies to how you beat the levels. For me, there were a few levels on Ultra-violence that were fairly hard, such as Perfect Hatred and Fear, also Hell Beneath, the first level of the fourth episode. Pretty much the hardest levels are in the fourth episode, they were for me.

ALSO: If anyone on this forum for DOOM needs help with any level just send me a PM on the site and I will reply with help. :)

vmu
04-07-2008, 07:06 PM
e4m6 e4m9 e4m2 e4m1 e1m3, but only on nightmare, otherwise those stages are easy if you use save points

Dysitis
04-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Ya, what vmu said. Although I might add that the end of e1m6 is pretty hard on nightmare. I'm pretty good at e1m3 by now so that doesn't give me too much trouble anymore, but definitely episode 4 is tough. e4m6 and e4m9 were certainly hard, but they don't compare to e4m1 and e4m2. I'm trying to decide which of those last two is harder. I think I'm going to have to go with e4m1 because if I were to go back and try e4m2 again, I would pick up the bfg through the wall since I know how to do that now. That would make things much easier.

Btw, vmu, I've been meaning to ask you about some of your scores in this game. I'm guessing you got a lot of them by doing the no enemies glitch seeing as how you have a lot of levels done with really good times and 0% enemies killed. But even still, how did you do e4m6 in 6 seconds? I just don't understand!

em0rox
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Can't sey any are hard since I've played this game on PC, SNES, GBA, Dreamcast, 32x, lalalala since like 1993..... I've played this game so much nothing is really "hard" anymore... but it's still very fun... I sure hope we get Catacombs on xbla... I'd love that....

Shaynringan
04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Perfect Hatred is freaking ridiculous. Actually, all of episode 4 made me want to shoot myself while doing the Ultra Violence mode achievement.

Dysitis
04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Can't sey any are hard since I've played this game on PC, SNES, GBA, Dreamcast, 32x, lalalala since like 1993..... I've played this game so much nothing is really "hard" anymore... but it's still very fun... I sure hope we get Catacombs on xbla... I'd love that....

OK hotshot, film yourself playing through episode 4 on nightmare without dying and then post a link to it here.

vmu
04-13-2008, 01:22 AM
oh, that...., my brother glitched me over >(, i only play doom single player offline, but only on a few exceptions will i play online, and it was the one day i gave my brother the account, and he fucked me over >(, think i may need to beat the game on nightmare online this time ?_?

em0rox
04-13-2008, 05:04 AM
OK hotshot, film yourself playing through episode 4 on nightmare without dying and then post a link to it here.

I have nothing to prove to you nor was I trying to be a "hotshot" I was just answering the question.

Also, not everyone has camcorders. ;)

vmu
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
well if nothing is hard, than play coop nightmare with me, you doing everything.

Quiet Killda 102
04-22-2008, 03:20 AM
omg that one level in episode 4 with all of the tower thingys on hot level and all of the beholders come rushing you took me forever to beat

Dysitis
04-22-2008, 06:59 AM
omg that one level in episode 4 with all of the tower thingys on hot level and all of the beholders come rushing you took me forever to beat

Um.... What?!? Hot level? Beholders? What game are you playing?:Bounce:

Ekudeht
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Doom is a simple, easy game.:p

a_correa4
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
the last level is the hardest! got them all comin at you....

Dysitis
04-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Doom is a simple, easy game.:p

Even you Ekudeht, would have trouble doing episode 4 without dying. But I have to agree with you. After I got good at this game and started playing through it on nightmare, going back to UV felt as easy as I'm too young to die. But for people who haven't, Episode 4 on UV is plenty hard.

Ekudeht
04-25-2008, 03:38 AM
Even you Ekudeht, would have trouble doing episode 4 without dying. But I have to agree with you. After I got good at this game and started playing through it on nightmare, going back to UV felt as easy as I'm too young to die. But for people who haven't, Episode 4 on UV is plenty hard.

Of course I'd have trouble getting through episode 4 without dying, in fact it's the only episode I've never done straight through on Nightmare without dying (level 1 just sucks without health) but that doesn't mean I couldn't do it. Actually I'd say that I could do it on the PC version for the simple fact that grabbing the red key through the gate on e4m1 is really easy on the PC (never got it to work on the 360) and the strafe jumps for e4m2 and e4m6 are also easier to execute on the PC version (e4m6 is still a pretty easy jump on the 360 with enough practice). I'm not sure but I think AManinFlames got through episode 4 without dying on nightmare. Regardless it would require alot of luck to get through the first level (shotgun guys can do tons of damage). If that damn red key grab was as easy to execute on the 360 version as it is on the PC I'd probably try to pass episode 4 on Nightmare without dying as after you get through that level it would be a fairly simple matter to finish the game (provided you hit your jumps in e4m2 and e4m6).

BigEasy
04-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah i'm on E4M2 and can't beat this shit on UV.... i've seen people run and skip past the blue key door pillar thing but i don't think you can do that on Xbox because the strafing is shit, and i saw this one video of a guy grabbing a BFG through a wall wtf is that? lol must be a shitty PC version or something. I need help on it got any tip and such?

DeathMinion111
04-26-2008, 09:14 PM
I think the last episode is the hardest. The game is easy though.

Ekudeht
04-27-2008, 03:24 AM
Yeah i'm on E4M2 and can't beat this shit on UV.... i've seen people run and skip past the blue key door pillar thing but i don't think you can do that on Xbox because the strafing is shit, and i saw this one video of a guy grabbing a BFG through a wall wtf is that? lol must be a shitty PC version or something. I need help on it got any tip and such?

But the blue pillar strafe jump and the BFG wall grab can be done of the xbox live arcade version.

BigEasy
04-27-2008, 05:23 PM
But the blue pillar strafe jump and the BFG wall grab can be done of the xbox live arcade version.

How do you do it then can you please explain both the strafing and BFG wall grab trick please . :)

Dysitis
04-27-2008, 09:23 PM
To get the bfg, start at the opposite wall and run across into the other wall and if you're lucky you will pick it up through the wall. For the jump, start in the far corner where the blue armor is and run at an angle towards the stairs. They are both way harder to do on the 360 and usually take many tries to do correctly in this version, but they are possible.

BigEasy
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Ok thanks i will have to try it out when i get a chance and let you know!

theMahl3r
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm only through the first two episodes on UV right now. The Cyberdemon was easier than I thought he'd be. I've also been playing this game since way back in '93, but that doesn't make it any easier for me. Knowing the layout of the levels is one thing. Enemies shooting with amazing precision is another. I'm about to start Inferno on UV and I'm a little concerned about Dis and the Spider Mastermind.

I WAS able to get the Nightmare achievement but only on E1M1. No way would I try to go through an entire episode on that skill setting. Just go ahead and write OWNED on my forehead. :P

Dysitis
04-30-2008, 03:26 AM
The spider is easy to kill on UV. Just run around it in circles and it won't be fast enough to hit you. Also, when you shoot it with the bfg and you standing right up against the spider when it hits, it does maximum damage. Doing that you can take it out with 2 blasts.

BigEasy
05-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Well i beat the level... still couldn't run past the blue key pillar i had to do everything and i couldn't figure out now to go out the secret exit lol so i had to fight all that other shit.. and the new level E4M3 looks sooooo gay ....

the_a_drain
05-11-2008, 11:13 AM
E4M1 caused me the most trouble. Damn that level is a pain, so much stuff in a small area.

Although it's either E4M4 or 5, but you have a BFG and step through a teleporter and have to fight a cyberdemon on a small ledge. That was scary. Overall though E1-3 is a cakewalk compared to Thy Flesh Consumed.

What I found usefull, especially on higher difficulties, was to know where all the keys are, and the fastest way to get to them. Unless your adept at jumping from insane ledges, in which case just speed run the levels following many of the youtube videos for speedruns.

You Are Scum
05-20-2008, 06:25 AM
E4M1 is pretty insane on Ultra-Violent,because you start fresh with just a pistol and the shotgun zombies keep on spawning,and then even worse after that a hell baron spawns when you go in that one room and i think some imps along with it. I was in that room with 35% health and i some how made it out of there lol. Oh and one of the missions on episode4 when you have to keep "gliding" over the lava pit was pretty hard.

KIRBYLINK
07-21-2008, 01:49 AM
E4M6 is as much as hard as confusing. I'm stuck because I do not know where to go when there is that bar blocking your path after you kill a bunch of the one eyed demons.

BenderIsKing
07-26-2008, 06:04 AM
e4m2 perfect hatred
and e4m9 FEAR

i HATED this level. it was either take the long way and finish the level normally or take the quick secret exit and go to the harder level FEAR.

Dysitis
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
The long way? All it is is a room full of cacodemons. And it isn't very hard at all considering by that point you will have the bfg and there is tons of ammo for it in the caco room.

Namaste
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Anyone got any tips on how to beat E4M1 and E4M2 on Ultra Violent? I'm having a difficult time. Thanks.

em0rox
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Anyone got any tips on how to beat E4M1 and E4M2 on Ultra Violent? I'm having a difficult time. Thanks.

Just read the posts here, people have given help for these two levels all over the forum....

Watch the speed runs on youtube to get an idea of where everything is and how to do it. In e4m2 I suggest getting the bfg and just heading back to the beginning and going right though, it isn't hard anymore with the bfg and the rocket launcher but it is very hard to make that jump on the 360 so in the end it would be faster to just finish the level. Don't worry about the huge demon on the left before the exit either, just let all the cacos out and go back to the start (after getting the suit and some rockets) then just kill all them, go to the teleporter in the middle and you will kill the demon then just collect all the ammo and go on to e4m3.

rapid riot boy
12-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Actually i thought that all of Episode4 was the easiest in the game on ultraviolet. Your pretty much playing Hurt Me Plenty but with more eneimes. As long as you use save points often, check your corners and conserve your ammo wisely you should have no problems. Cheers!

BenderIsKing
01-07-2009, 06:05 AM
The long way? All it is is a room full of cacodemons. And it isn't very hard at all considering by that point you will have the bfg and there is tons of ammo for it in the caco room.

then mine must have been glitched, i was able to get to the secret exit before the ending of the level...

but i change my answer anyways, the hardest level for me now is e4m6, i can do the rest without dying on UV except that level.

Dysitis
01-15-2009, 07:12 PM
No, it's not glitched. When you teleport to where the bfg/cyberdemon is, lowering the platform to get out of that space is what triggers the door to the secret exit to open.