PDA

View Full Version : Vader playable in The Force Unleashed

Weapon 117
04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Lucasarts have announced that the all powerful Darth Vader will be playable in The Force Unleashed. However, he will just be available in the gameís first level, and from then on you will instead take the role of Vaderís apprentice - which is the guy you have most likely seen in all recent screenshots and videos of the much vaunted title.

As Vader you will apparently get to play with all the force powers available, causing as much destruction as you want, thus getting a good taste of whatís to come further on in the game. If you ever played one of the Metroid titles you should be familiar with mechanic, although in this case you wonít be losing your powers, but instead switching to a different character to build from the ground up.

Sounds exciting, but it was recently announced (http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/star-wars-force-unleashed-dated-worldwide/) that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be released this September, so youíve got a bit of wait before you can grab your red lightsaber, and truly understand the power of the Dark Side.

Source: http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/vader-playable-in-the-force-unleashed/

beezelBug
04-08-2008, 12:15 PM
From the cheat codes thread.

...... will allow you to unlock the Secret Apprentice's father's costume

so who is the secret apprentices' father? Is it Vader? hmmmm......or the emperor, or Kenobi? or someone else?

MCSS Aerocoupe
04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
It is someone else. How can I do a spoiler alert? I don't mind sharing the info, but don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know yet.

Darth Odan
05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
From the cheat codes thread.

so who is the secret apprentices' father? Is it Vader? hmmmm......or the emperor, or Kenobi? or someone else?

Vader only had two kids. The Twins Leia and Luke. Obi-wan didn't have kids. The Emperor had one kid, Triclops, but he rejected him.

Royle
05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
I hope this game is a bit like Jedi Power Battles if anyone can remember that game for PS1. Darth Vader will be a cool character but I hope you can make your own char and build him up like on Jedi Outcast sort of thing.

jaferris
05-18-2008, 08:37 PM
cool cant wait play as darth vadar going be well gd game :)

DisBTaylor11289
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
This game has sooooo much hype, i really hope it can live up to it.

The dark side did always look cooler

Gorjira
05-23-2008, 09:09 PM
YouTube - Spike TV : Star Wars The Force Unleashed Play as Darth Vader

The vid shows you some gameplay of you being Vader. And it does look REALLY bad-ass!

Method
05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
I've been waiting for a good Star Wars game since KOTOR. I've always favored the Dark Side in those games and I can't wait to play as Vader!

ensabahnur
06-09-2008, 03:53 PM
It is someone else. How can I do a spoiler alert? I don't mind sharing the info, but don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know yet.

Put it in spoiler text, no wait i dont want to know, put it up anyway.

CLAPSTER
06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
In a video they say that Vader will be the character in some missions/levels.

IIIM3
06-10-2008, 04:22 AM
WOWOWOWOWOW Cant wait now.

Gorjira
06-10-2008, 09:20 PM
In a video they say that Vader will be the character in some missions/levels.

Yeh, he will be playable in the first mission only. It would be rather lame going back to him when your ment to be one guy, unless it was some sort of bonus arcade type mission thing...Who knows.

IRONMAN
06-10-2008, 09:25 PM
people better calm down with this hype..or you'll all feel the same as gta4 if it blows lol.. i am a SW fan & am excited about this game as well, its just alot of people on this site go crazy for it, & then jump ship after a month..

Bitis1078
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for posting that video. That was the first one that I have seen so far, and it looks amazing. I think that I will surely get this game.

Spade103
08-08-2008, 07:20 AM
*HUGE SPOILERS*

The father of Galen Marek (Aka; Starkiller, Aka; Secret Apprentice) is a man named Kento Marek. Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kento_Marek