PDA

View Full Version : Scratched/Laser marks on Disk?

Norad45
07-26-2006, 05:12 AM
Has your 360 left a circular scratch on any of your disks? I presume its from the laser...some up to 1/4 of an inch thick on mine!! Happened to about 4 of my disks....My Call of Duty wont even play when I get to a certain mission, it says "Zone Decoytown out of date, Version 1.0 Expecting Version 3.0" or something like that....Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

KilluhKam
07-26-2006, 05:16 AM
i herd from the co-manager (i think thats what hes called) at gamestop that said that some people returned disks with deep deep (there's a word for it but i cant spell it lol sorry) marks in it he said you could literally run your hand over them and feel them. luckily me i havnt had that problem

Fonkey Monkey
07-26-2006, 05:17 AM
that usually happens if you set your 360 vertical..

Norad45
07-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Ya....its happened to about 4 of my games. The only real problem is my COD2 game. Others still work fine, but still. When it happened though, it sounded like saw going through wood...

KilluhKam
07-26-2006, 05:23 AM
i got mine standing verticle and no probs like that. (go me!!! :woop: )

Norad45
07-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Ya...I have mine horazontal now because it happened to all my disk's when I had it standing vertically....not taking anymore chances. (Escpially if your playing and knock it over.....ouch. Say hello to $60 for the same game)

Sarge McLarge
07-26-2006, 05:36 AM
There isn't a problem with standing your console vertically (mine has been vertical since launch) the problem lies when you move your system from vertical to horizontal and vice versa while a disc is in the tray, doing so can result in scratched discs.

KilluhKam
07-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Ya...I have mine horazontal now because it happened to all my disk's when I had it standing vertically....not taking anymore chances. (Escpially if your playing and knock it over.....ouch. Say hello to $60 for the same game)

i cant knock mine over, its on my computer stand next to my reg. xbox and the computer :D

Emerson
07-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I have a bit of a medical problem with involuntary leg spasms. So sometime in late March or early April I was playing Oblivion and had one and it knocked my 360 down off it's little platform. System was fine, but my Oblivion disk had a real deep circle scratch. Gamestop replaced it the next day, no charge.

GhostRiderMike
08-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Has your 360 left a circular scratch on any of your disks? I presume its from the laser...some up to 1/4 of an inch thick on mine!! Happened to about 4 of my disks....My Call of Duty wont even play when I get to a certain mission, it says "Zone Decoytown out of date, Version 1.0 Expecting Version 3.0" or something like that....Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else
circular scratches happen when u move ur 360 when its standing vertical. mine had scrathes for no reason when it was standing vertical so im gatting a new 360.

AJJets107
08-02-2006, 02:51 AM
Yes, this pisses me off I couldn't get the rest if the achivements because somebody got it messed up.

Phaethon360
08-02-2006, 04:24 AM
I didn't tilt mine and it scratched my discs. It was set in horizontal mode. I called tech support and had to send in my 360 to MS and they sent me a new one. They replaced the MGS published games that it scratched (PDZ and PGR3).

[fb]
08-04-2006, 01:13 AM
yeah my hitmans alll f'd up... im gonna try to return it... i doubt eb will take it