PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 2

LPSTREETSOLDIER
04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I got some inside information that finally Far Cry 2 will have achievements for creating maps. Which I love because I filled up 2 hard drives with nothing but maps I created. So I know what achievement I'm going for first...lol. Thank you Ubisoft and Far Cry.

ShaunMichael80
04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
yeah i loved that aspect too

CORPSE CRISIS
04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
this is good news my maps were sweet and i got a chance to play with the winner of the map design contest for far cry..a looooong time ago when it first realesed....the map was spectacular..

LPSTREETSOLDIER
04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
They are also adding a new feature in making the maps you and a friend can make a map together. Kinda like Halo 3's forge. Only 10x's better.

ShaunMichael80
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
i hope this game is as good as i hope

Blackjaw x
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
One day I spent hours watching what may have been every available video for this game and it looks incredible.

While I really liked Far Cry Instincts and Evolution, apparently this game is going back to how the first game played out (which I never played).

It will be free roam with none of the 'infected' things and you don't have your powers.
This sounds bad at first but it looks like a quite different yet more amazing game than Instincts or Evolution (or Predator, which was those two combined).

Everything is unbelievably realistic, from how you take and regenerate damage to the weather, the environments and the destructibility of entire villages. Trees grow back (very slowly) over time and apparently the weather may change depending on how you're doing in the game. Not sure about that one but I think it won't be like... clear skies then you get shot and it rains then you heal and it's clear again or anything... they'll find a way or scrap the idea.

Driving is much better, combat is much better and... it just looks unbelievably good.
You can also change your character to one of 16 or so at the beginning... the ones you don't pick become allies that you can meet up with throughout the game.

ShaunMichael80
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
i dont think thats bad at all, i liked the whole open world jungle idea...i cant wait

CORPSE CRISIS
One day I spent hours watching what may have been every available video for this game and it looks incredible.

While I really liked Far Cry Instincts and Evolution, apparently this game is going back to how the first game played out (which I never played).

It will be free roam with none of the 'infected' things and you don't have your powers.
This sounds bad at first but it looks like a quite different yet more amazing game than Instincts or Evolution (or Predator, which was those two combined).

Everything is unbelievably realistic, from how you take and regenerate damage to the weather, the environments and the destructibility of entire villages. Trees grow back (very slowly) over time and apparently the weather may change depending on how you're doing in the game. Not sure about that one but I think it won't be like... clear skies then you get shot and it rains then you heal and it's clear again or anything... they'll find a way or scrap the idea.

Driving is much better, combat is much better and... it just looks unbelievably good.
You can also change your character to one of 16 or so at the beginning... the ones you don't pick become allies that you can meet up with throughout the game. wow thats quite a bit of detail there...

LPSTREETSOLDIER
Far Cry is my favorite game xbox ever released. Can't wait till september 3rd. In fact I think I might edit my achievement map later tonight. Cause I still need two more online achievements. 80hr and 10 multikills.

CORPSE CRISIS
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Far Cry is my favorite game xbox ever released. Can't wait till september 3rd. In fact I think I might edit my achievement map later tonight. Cause I still need two more online achievements. 80hr and 10 multikills. i couldent agree with u more thats why i have the 70+ multi player achiement....Hell i think i have over 140hr plus on the whole game...its sooo fun...

LPSTREETSOLDIER
04-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh my bad 70hrs I think making maps also count towards that achievements well if so then I have to be close I mean one day I did nothing but build maps 24 hours straight. Then I got the red ring of death the next so I only spend 12hrs a day now..lol

CORPSE CRISIS
04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh my bad 70hrs I think making maps also count towards that achievements well if so then I have to be close I mean one day I did nothing but build maps 24 hours straight. Then I got the red ring of death the next so I only spend 12hrs a day now..lol holy cow u did spend a looong ass time doing that...but hey building maps on farcry was sweet..

LPSTREETSOLDIER
04-08-2008, 07:30 PM
You unfortuneately the maps and where fried with my xbox and they were my best work and that is saying alot I made these two maps rome and camelot. Rome I made an exact replica of the roman coliseum that took 8 hours to make. And camelot I made a castle with a draw bridge half way up and had a moat and everything. Those to maps took a total of 20 hours to make.

sleekzero
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
hmmm... achievements related to the map editor...
wonder how that'll work?

madgamer544
06-14-2008, 01:02 AM
yeah i cant wait till this game and i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of achievements would be for the map editor? cuz i've never even created a map except to boost on so i dont want something that will be hard for me to get

boofarama
07-05-2008, 06:16 AM
atleast 1 easy achievement will be in far cry 2