PDA

View Full Version : Need help: Slum of Kowloon (Hard)

Himuton
04-10-2008, 12:59 PM
The session after a block blew up was terrible. The rain wasn't the biggest problem. The lack of reliable covers is. I gave up on Barrage because it has been shortened in Hard, making it a waste of energy. But after spinattacking the sniper and three guys, I was faced by more hostiles including one with a rocket launcher and another with the sniper. Did anybody gets some tips. I think this part may be the hardest in the game. Surprisingly, I found Lok and the Penthouse easier than this.

W. Samuel Jones III
04-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I finished the game 100% so here is my 2 cents to help you past this point.

Don't run and gun. Take your time and let the AI tangos come to you. I find that if I use tequilla time and headshots I quickly build up enough prestige for a tequilla bomb.

The spawn pattern is simple if you play attention. I think the best way for you to get a feel for this level is to replay it on casual and then go back to hard.:drunk

Hope this helps.

The session after a block blew up was terrible. The rain wasn't the biggest problem. The lack of reliable covers is. I gave up on Barrage because it has been shortened in Hard, making it a waste of energy. But after spinattacking the sniper and three guys, I was faced by more hostiles including one with a rocket launcher and another with the sniper. Did anybody gets some tips. I think this part may be the hardest in the game. Surprisingly, I found Lok and the Penthouse easier than this.

Marx0r
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
In the beginning of Part 3? of this chapter, you start off at the end of a broken-down hallway that opens outside, staring at a bunch of Dumpsters. Turn around and head down the hallway, and you should be able to find a few cranes and a medkit. Once you jump down out of that hallway, you can always get back up there. Those cranes should boost you enough to get through the rest of the level.

Himuton
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Out of the four powers, I like Health and Spin-attack the most playing on Hard. The latter consumes tremendous amount of energy but kills all tangos at once.
In Slum of Kowloon, I used Precision Aim to kill the snipers and rocket launcher guys. Like you suggested, I tried to let them run to me. That was a hell hole but I did it!
Unfortunately, I am stuck again. Starting Wong's estate, the knife guys are very deadly. I was unable to get to the plaza and fend off the enemies. There are too many and I felt so underpowered. So close to getting my achievements!
Just don't want to play it on Hard any more. The heavy machine gunners and knife guys can do one-hit kills.

---

My tactics (still playing now) is to kill the pathetic men to build up the Tequilla Bomb for Spin-Attack. I cleared the first wave of HMG gunners and knife guys but 4 more (or even more?) showed up and I had to repeat the progress.

---

Okay, I have enough energy for another Spin-Attack. Just want to make sure that if the four HMG gunners are the last people to kill before the heli attacks?

Himuton
04-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Cool it! I... have won! It was 150 GS for game completion (Hard, Normal and Casual) and 25 GS for Wong's Estate.