PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 Rating Question

Richard Simmons
04-12-2008, 03:36 AM
By Strong Sexual Content, what do they mean? Are there merely hookers with limited interactions, or does it escalate up to God of War's bed-shaking minigame? I'd appreciate it if you guys were pretty specific.

And what body parts are to be shown in "Partial Nudity"? If it's too explicit, just PM me.

Both of these are important, so any help would be appreciated.

Impulse
04-12-2008, 03:38 AM
By Strong Sexual Content, what do they mean? Are there merely hookers with limited interactions, or does it escalate up to God of War's bed-shaking minigame? I'd appreciate it if you guys were pretty specific.

And what body parts are to be shown in "Partial Nudity"? If it's too explicit, just PM me.

Both of these are important, so any help would be appreciated.

It basically means if you play the game you get arrested for peadophilliation (SP?) choose your options carefully..

Now Evergreen
04-12-2008, 04:10 AM
peadophilliation is a snappy word.

Kinda like... WHAM!

Oh, and if you thought Hot Coffee was bad, wait until you see "Hottest Coffee in NYC"
I don't think I even need to explain that one to you...

Augustus
04-12-2008, 04:18 AM
From what I understand it involves a giraffe, a Hungarian government official, two futons, and more leather than you've ever seen in your life.

Richard Simmons
04-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow...I figured that out of three responses, at least one would be helpful. :(

s0uR S33K
04-12-2008, 03:32 PM
so would be ok for a 10 to 15 year old person to play?

A Polish Panda
04-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Well I am 14, and I have played all up from GTA 1 to GTA:SA, and most of them said sexual content, but that might be just from the car shaking when you get a ho, or because you can go to the strip clubs and sit down while they dance in front of you, you don't really see people banging or anything like that.

s0uR S33K
04-12-2008, 03:38 PM
so do you think it would be approit for my lil brother thats is 10?

A Polish Panda
04-12-2008, 03:40 PM
so do you think it would be approit for my lil brother thats is 10? That's a hard question to answer... If he knows what sex is and all that stuff, then it won't do too much, and other than that you just run around, drive and shoot. But they still swear.

s0uR S33K
04-12-2008, 03:43 PM
ok thats all i wan to no thank you

Impulse
04-12-2008, 03:52 PM

no-one will know as no-one has played the game yet.. And Rockstar aren't letting out too much detail..

Tussell
04-12-2008, 05:58 PM
From past experiences with various titles, in fact all except London, I will say that they are much more intense then the original titles before GTA3. That being said, it's you decision. I haven't noticed much of a change between 3 and San Andreas as far as the content goes. Assuming it will be much like the games from 3 - San Andreas, I'd say it's next to harmless for a 10 year old to play. Note that I'm not a video-game rating Nazi, and I think on a more realistic scale than many video-game critics and lawyers go. It's really up to the individual consumer as to what is appropriate for themselves, and what they believe is appropriate for others.

I figured you'd know more of the rules, and have enough common sense to not post this in two different forum sections.

Beggars can't be choosers though.

Should have definitely only been posted in the GTA: IV section.

Minty
04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
so do you think it would be approit for my lil brother thats is 10?

So killing people is fine for him, but he's not allowed to see some tits??

Royle
04-12-2008, 07:23 PM

LMFAO!!!!! To be honest I would let my 10 year old son (if I had one) simply because I wouldn't want him to know about dealing drugs and stuff like that. To the main question I think it is stuff like prostitutes walking around and they can jump in your car but I wouldn't be worried about that when the game is based on dealing drugs and killing people.
Peace.

Impulse
04-12-2008, 09:01 PM

Congratulations your the first person to get a quote in my sig lol.. I spat out my tomato soup..

FTA
04-12-2008, 09:50 PM
C'mon jimbonoel, if your kid doesn't know how to break crack down in to 20 rocks to sell on the corner by the time he's ten.. well wtf? You've failed as a parent=
I mean, at least tell me he knows how to properly slap a ho?
Next youre gonna say he's never even fired a pistol.... Thats a damn shame...
:shakeshead:

Richard Simmons
04-13-2008, 04:05 AM
From past experiences with various titles, in fact all except London, I will say that they are much more intense then the original titles before GTA3. That being said, it's you decision. I haven't noticed much of a change between 3 and San Andreas as far as the content goes. Assuming it will be much like the games from 3 - San Andreas, I'd say it's next to harmless for a 10 year old to play. Note that I'm not a video-game rating Nazi, and I think on a more realistic scale than many video-game critics and lawyers go. It's really up to the individual consumer as to what is appropriate for themselves, and what they believe is appropriate for others.

I figured you'd know more of the rules, and have enough common sense to not post this in two different forum sections.

Beggars can't be choosers though.

Should have definitely only been posted in the GTA: IV section.

Sorry bro, but at the time of posting the GTA forum was basically dead. Besides, this is the "Games" forum.

artvandel4y
04-13-2008, 05:13 AM
As for a 10 year old, it depends on the kid. You know your brother/son better than any expert or rating system.
As for the sex, I think Niko goes into strip clubs, checks out the wonderful world of internet doctors telling you who to have sex with (online dating), goes on romantic evenings with girls, and I think much of it will be full of punchy, inappropriate dialogue. Perfect for a young man learning how to treat women.
I am more concerned about something I remember from way back in the March of '07 when Niko says "I've Killed people, smuggled people, sold people." So we may be dealing with human trafficking and other stuff that is way beyond what a ten year old can handle.

UnHoLy DeFeAt
04-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Hookers? YAY! xD