PDA

View Full Version : EA or 2K?

soccerplaya13cj
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Which company does sports games better? Leave reasons please.

Baseball: EA took this one by far when they made MVP baseball. 2K is just meh. MVP was the shiz.

Basketball: 2K takes this one. It is far superior with how smooth it plays and they way it plays.

Football: Tie. 2K5 football was arguably the best football game ever, but EA's NCAA is great every year. Madden? Not so much.

Hockey: EA take this one easy. The new hockey game was the only hockey game that was good enough for me to pick it up.

ShaunMichael80
04-13-2008, 07:24 PM
this is a current list..how are giving EA the nod in baseball? MLB2K games are clearly the best..and Madden was Amazing last year...

A Polish Panda
04-13-2008, 07:25 PM
EA puts the EA in CHEAP for every other game they made other than sports games.

soccerplaya13cj
04-13-2008, 07:25 PM
But the thing is, I would take MVP 05 over MLB 2K8

ShaunMichael80
04-13-2008, 07:29 PM
But the thing is, I would take MVP 05 over MLB 2K8

Over a next gen console...no thanks...thats like saying youd rather play zelda then Gears

Sanction
04-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Over a next gen console...no thanks...thats like saying youd rather play zelda then Gears

Most people would rather play Zelda than Gears. I hate the new 2k baseball games. EA did wonders with the MVP / MLB franchise.

ShaunMichael80
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Most people would rather play Zelda than Gears. I hate the new 2k baseball games. EA did wonders with the MVP / MLB franchise.

Well EA actually did an amazing job with the NHL game this year..and Madden was a step-up as well..NBA and MLB by 2k were so-so...There's NO WAY the general audience wants to play Zelda over Gears..just the mid 30's audience...not the core audience

Sanction
04-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Well EA actually did an amazing job with the NHL game this year..and Madden was a step-up as well..NBA and MLB by 2k were so-so...There's NO WAY the general audience wants to play Zelda over Gears..just the mid 30's audience...not the core audience

Well, since Zelda is on the Wii, Gameboy (1), Gameboy Advanced and the DS I'd say it has a much broader audience than Gears which is just on the 360.

Judging by how much you're hell bent on saying Gears is more popular, which I doubt it is, I'd say you've never played Zelda.

And how can you say NBA with 2k was "so-so"? That game is the shit. EA with their NBA Live series sucks ass. And if I remember correctly you cannot even get some achievements in 06 and 07 anymore. Quite the opposite with the 2k games.

Krueger
04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
The think the only game ea cant do is basketball games.

ShaunMichael80
04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, since Zelda is on the Wii, Gameboy (1), Gameboy Advanced and the DS I'd say it has a much broader audience than Gears which is just on the 360.

Judging by how much you're hell bent on saying Gears is more popular, which I doubt it is, I'd say you've never played Zelda.

And how can you say NBA with 2k was "so-so"? That game is the shit. EA with their NBA Live series sucks ass. And if I remember correctly you cannot even get some achievements in 06 and 07 anymore. Quite the opposite with the 2k games.

Actually Zelda is one of my favorites! Next to Bioshock and MarioKart.

NBA2K8 was so-so...it wasnt THAT different from 2K7...so in that regard it was so-so..but still a good game. When i said Zelda i meant Zelda on the Nintendo, you know the 1st one

Bishop24
04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
By far EA, Madden 08 is way better than All Pro Football 2K8, i give 2K the ege in basketball, but other than that EA makes better sports games...and when EA gets back the MLB license(which they will get), they will be unstoppable in the video game industry...and people who downgrade EA, stop it, quit trashing a GREAT gaming company....

I understand if you don't like them, but you don't have to trash them, and say how they're cheap and make crappy games. EA makes the best sports games...so don't trash one, if not the best, gaming company on this earth...

Buckswana
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd have to give it to 2K across the board, up until this year's hockey (NHL08). First year since 04 that EA is better.
2K5 was and still is one of the best football games ever made. I just recently passed mine on to a friend with an older xbox (since I still played it), and he hasn't stopped playing it since. Shame on EA for monopolizing the NFL (but not surprising).

Tussell
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd do that in a heartbeat!

Buckswana
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know about EA making THE best sports games of all time, but they do always make a solid product. Personally, I found most 2K games better overall, as well as cheaper on the old systems, and FIFA soccer was always 2nd to PES, but hey, just my take on it.

Ashz0r
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
To be honest I don't think EA have bad games.. I just don't like the way they run their buisness.. but there games are perfectly fine... i don't like 2k sports games but i think 2k make lots of other good games.

Bishop24
04-13-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't know about EA making THE best sports games of all time, but they do always make a solid product. Personally, I found most 2K games better overall, as well as cheaper on the old systems, and FIFA soccer was always 2nd to PES, but hey, just my take on it.

um we're comparing EA and 2K, FIFA is made by EA but PES is made by Konami not 2K, i don't know if you knew that or not, just thought i'd let you know....:)

Bret_Michaels
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
EA 100% with the hockey games..I bought NHL 2k7 last year because my co-workers were not willing to switch over to NHL 07...i tried my best to tell them what they were missing...then along comes NHL 08...i'm not even going to try the 2k series this year for hockey..as for baseball, i'm enjoying MLB 2k8 this year, though i admit, MLB 05 (i think it was 05) on the Gamecube was amazing at the time

Buckswana
04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
um we're comparing EA and 2K, FIFA is made by EA but PES is made by Konami not 2K, i don't know if you knew that or not, just thought i'd let you know....:)
Yeah, just noting that while EA is a strong product, not necessarily the be-all-end-all of sports games. I personally don't care who makes it, as long as it's a good game. Some people get way too wound up about the politics involved, and miss out on some good games.

Bishop24
04-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, just noting that while EA is a strong product, not necessarily the be-all-end-all of sports games. I personally don't care who makes it, as long as it's a good game. Some people get way too wound up about the politics involved, and miss out on some good games.

I hear you man...some people won't play any EA games just cause they don't like the company....but EA makes some great video games, sports and more...and so does 2K....but it's stupid people not playing games, just cause they don't like the company, or cause they don't like one particular game that company made...

soccerplaya13cj
04-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Why is this so politcal guys? I just asked what company's sports games oyu liked better. Sheesh

Jetpac
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
EA Sports Games are Far superior both due to the gameplay and licencing.
However The way EA conduct themselfs and treat customers is appauling.

Buckswana
04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Why is this so politcal guys? I just asked what company's sports games oyu liked better. Sheesh
Sorry-I guess my point was that it shouldn't be. Strictly from a game standpoint (which is all that really matters), I've preferred 2K for the most part, up until this year's hockey, like I said. They just always seemed to think about all the little things as far as menus, stats, etc., while having at least equivalent if not better gameplay. The exception is the hockey this year-seems like the companies did a role reversal with EA going for a more realistic type game, and 2K going for a more arcade-style version. The controls for NHL08 rock as well.

Bishop24
04-13-2008, 11:56 PM

you asked my opinion, so i was giving it man...chill out....

godless_commie
04-14-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't have much love for sports games, but EA gets teh epic win for the SSX series.

CORPSE CRISIS
04-14-2008, 12:03 AM
ya ea is pretty good when it comes to sports games...but man i dont HOW long they will last..

BigTMan
04-14-2008, 05:16 AM
I don't like sports games, but EA is waaaaaaaay down at the bottom on my list of favorite companies. I actually like 2K's football games, considering the fact that I know nothing of the sport. So, to answer your question, 2K. :Bounce:

Lord of Fate
04-25-2008, 10:03 PM
This is my opinion on the matter (I'm talking about basketball, hockey, and soccer as they are all I play.):

Go with EA if you're looking for quality and a simulation-type and realistic sports game.

Go with 2K if you want an arcade-type game.

Both have a couple glitched achievements (very few), I think 2K more than EA, and both are easy to get 1000 in for the most part.

But overall I much prefer EA over 2K, for sports games at least. I like simulation better and I think EA does sports much better and more realistic. Although I get both 2K and EA games. For non-sports games though 2K tends to do things much much better than EA IMO. EA is good at sports but everything else they just tend to corrupt and destroy.

EDIT: btw, my bad for bumping this thread up (if that's a bad thing). I just realized after I posted that the last post in this thread was over a week ago.

DreadfulCorpse
04-25-2008, 10:07 PM
For me it's 2k, i hate EA.

Blind x360a
04-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Depends.

Football - EA.

Basketball - 2k.

sam49
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Football (Not American, English): EA. Duh 2K doesnt even make a soccer game.

Cricket: EA. Duh 2K doesnt even make a Cricket game.

Basketball: 2K. Duh EA cant even challenege 2K!

Well those are the main sports games I play.

Nerd Brown
04-25-2008, 10:41 PM
I will take every EA sports game over any 2k game. I can't stand 2k and I refuse to buy any of their products. Call me an EA fanboy if you must, but I can't help it!

Hammy8107
04-28-2008, 04:08 AM
EA is a shitload better than 2k its a shame EA didnt get the mlb license and nhl 08 makes 2k hockey look pitiful there is no comparison EA is better at sport games and not so much other games

chaoticthirty3
05-04-2008, 09:33 PM
for hockey (2k7 > 07) (08 > 2k8)

Abez Meister
05-06-2008, 01:30 AM
One thing i hate about EA is playing online you gotta play on their servers and they close support on those servers for older games :/

Blackjaw x
05-06-2008, 01:31 AM
I only really like hockey games in the sports category, so I'm likely biased.
But I'll say EA... by far. I used to play their games every year and have played 3 or so 2K hockey games, all of them garbolage.