PDA

View Full Version : Games you would've played if not for stupid online achieves

daninthemix
04-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Recently there's been a few games that I would've played - not 'must play' games by any means but certainly worth a punt, but the presence of a single mindless, repetitive, not-respectful-of-the-gamer's-free-time achievement has put me off. For me they are:

- Turning Point
- Army of Two
- The Club

The presence of a long-winded multi-player achievement in each of those was enough to push them into the 'cant be arsed' category.

Anyone feel the same?

TheTenthArmy
04-14-2008, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't say it would put me off playing the whole game, but I know what you mean.

Long-winded, laborious online ach's do somewhat spoil the enjoyment for me. But I'll still do the offline/stroy mode, and not bother with online.

Anything resembling R6V 'Elite', Gears' 'Seriously' or similar, will never be achieved by me. The repetition is too much for me

EWO79
04-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't mind them on online games that are meant to be played online but when i'm stuck missing three achievements on Word Puzzle which all require 3 other online players and I have never seen a single person playing online that annoys me.

darthmushu
04-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I basically won't do them if I wnat to play the game. Like dark sector. Im renting it soon, will play through, but unless friends want to boost, just wont care for the online stuff.

Asariel
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Not too many, if I enjoy a game I'll slog it out, but I'm on the fence it'll push me over the edge (After all I have Gears, F.E.A.R and Halo 3 still sitting untouched, no time for so-so choices). Prime example would be Call of Duty 3, I'm a fan of the series and enjoyed it (well-ish) on the PC but I'm not killing 40,000 folk on a game I'm not fussed about and, being a completionist, that means it won't be touched, too many other games I could be playing in the time it would take.

ejbadger
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Anything resembling R6V 'Elite', Gears' 'Seriously' or similar, will never be achieved by me. The repetition is too much for me

RSV2 the Elite Achievement can almost be earned running through all 3 levels of the story mode and Terrorist Hunts. :-)

Shadow Fba
04-14-2008, 02:48 PM
No not really, I think they are unfair in a way, because there are some people who cant play online, and well cant get a full 1000 because of it. However it doesnt bother me like for Condemend 2 kill 100 people online, yes it will take time but I play the online MP enough to get other online achievements that it will happen eventually. I have yet to let online achievements stop me from playing a game especially good ones.

Korix
04-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Can't think of any specifics right now, but most are shooters. I haven't started F. E. A. R. yet (ignore my gamercard that says I started it; my brother did) and haven't picked up the second Ghost Recon either.

xxEquilibriumxx
04-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Cuildcept saga was a game i wanted to try, but soo many online achievements. I knew not many people would be playing it online so it persuaded me not to get it.

v_thorne
04-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Turok
Though I my boyfriend ended up getting it for me anyway :confused:
I still don't play it much.

CORPSE CRISIS
04-14-2008, 06:05 PM
ya army of two is defently a big one..

Impulse
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Army of Two did yess..