PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Choosing A Game?

DarK Desires
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I had a topic like this before and i was told to go and get CoD4 so i got it, and i really disliked it *pause let it sink into everyone, someone dislikes it*. Now i really do want to get into the FPS genre but i want one thats assecible to a newbie and one that doesnt have you running around like crazy, since im an RPG fan. Some have mentioned RSV.

I do however like 3rd person shooters, i liked crackdown and i like the shooting in mass effect, so i was wondering if there was any good 3rd person shooters with a good single campaign, maybe like Army of Two i heard that was good.

Also if theres any game you think i will like by looking at my tag (i only like sport games that have either mario or other characters of the like in it)

Could you also tell me what the achievements are like and the diffculty on getting them.

Thanks Alot

- DD

Bondfan626
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
I have army of two single player is fun, easy 550-650 gs, online has about 4-5 achievements, but the online isnt very good.

Gears of War for 3rd person, if you don't have it you must get it

The GRAW's are also in 3rd person if you choose it.

For FPS try out Bioshock, Frontlines, Halo 3, Orange Box (Half life games). I enjoyed all of these. frontlines i got 1k in about a week and a half, so that one is pretty quick. Bioshock is amazing though, great story and gameplay.

darthmushu
04-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Im going to have agree with bioshock for the mix of shooting and rpgish.

DarK Desires
04-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I have army of two single player is fun, easy 550-650 gs, online has about 4-5 achievements, but the online isnt very good.

Gears of War for 3rd person, if you don't have it you must get it

The GRAW's are also in 3rd person if you choose it.

For FPS try out Bioshock, Frontlines, Halo 3, Orange Box (Half life games). I enjoyed all of these. frontlines i got 1k in about a week and a half, so that one is pretty quick. Bioshock is amazing though, great story and gameplay.

Thanks for the help if army of two has a solid single player then i think i will get that since i was told it wasnt very good in single player, GRAW i heard has been out for awhile and most of those revolve around multiplayer, or so i have heard. Is bioshock easy to pick up and play?

kiwi18
04-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Dude, Bioshock is so easy to learn and is if not the best title to ever come out for rpg/fps.

daninthemix
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Bioshock is definitely worth a look - the story/exploration components are just as great as the shooting.

For tactical, less frantic shooters (than COD4) how about R6V2? And of course the almighty Gears.

ThrawnOmega
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Agrees with Bioshock suggestions. I would also suggest EDF 2017, which I've enjoyed a lot, and it's cheap. Getting the 1000 for it is very hard, however.

AztecYoshi
04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
How about Gun, or if not that then something like Lost Odyssey

bAteseh
04-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I have to say The Orange Box. Forget about achievements and get that just for the sheer enjoyment factor.

M to the C
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Gears of war is the best game I could recommend, and Condemned 2 is a really fun first person, and also, I dislike COD4 aswell

CORPSE CRISIS
04-15-2008, 06:43 PM
ya the orange box is the best choice in fps....really fun...

DarK Desires
04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I dislike COD4 aswell

Ahh finally im not alone :woop:

And thanks for the suggestions, i will see how cheaply i will get some of these since GTA is out soon and i need some money for then. Though i have Lost odyssey, its a great game. I used to have the orange box but i didnt enjoy half life. And i played a little of gears at my cousins house and didnt think it was for me, but RSV and Army of Two Still look appealing as does Bioshock.

BeardedApple
04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
How about Gun, or if not that then something like Lost Odyssey

Seconded. Lost Odyssey is a great RPG.

anslytlid
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I can see on your achievements that you didn't get very far in The Orange Box. I would actually reccomend you to give that one another try. As you enjoy RPGs, I suppose you enjoy games with a good story, which is where I think The Orange Box is the game to play. I'm not actually a really big fan of FPS, and I didn't think the Half-Life games was to good at the start either, but when I played further into them, they sorta grew on me, and now they are probably my favourite FPS :D

Other than that, I would probably reccomend you Bioshock. I have yet to play it, but I have heard that the game is pretty story driven which is something that appeals to me.

puLawman
04-17-2008, 12:34 AM
for a good solid single player series go for Condemned: CO / Bloodshot. Amazing story. I just started bloodshot, but makes me want to go back through CO to relive the experience I did 2 years ago.