PDA

View Full Version : Trick for easy challenges

theGUNNman
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
If you are having problems with people beating your challenges all you have to do is go to the road that Tantlus is on.

Start off where that event is and drive down the road a bit to where you see the guardrail start on your left. There are several parts where this happen but you know you will be in the right spot when you see it on your left and if you were to go off the road right before the guardrail starts you would be going up a hill a little ways then it drops off going down a long way.

If you look at the map you should be able to make it all the way to the road at the bottom of the hill just before all your points run out for being off road.

You will then shoot straight down that road to where the Tantlus route would meet up with the road you are driving now, at that intersection is where you would put the finish line.

You would put the start of the race about 50 feet AFTER the guardrail starts. Then you just turn around at the start and go around the guradrail.

The whole object is to get people to race this course with them staying on the road.

You will set a time by going off road and down the hill that no one racing on the road can beat. Be sure to not set a insane time because people will catch on you used a trick to set a good time.

I would test your track by racing it on the road and write down that time. Then race it by you turning around at the starting line and going off the hill and to the finish line. Stop at the finish line and wait for the timer to get within about 10 seconds of your road time and then cross the finish line. That way people will keep trying to beat it.

If someone beats your time just do your off hill run and beat their time by 5 seconds or so.

Shinobi273
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Why is it a problem if they beat your challenge?

Maartos
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Why is it a problem if they beat your challenge?

This is for the achievement: CUSTOM CHALLENGE VICTORIES.
If they beat you're challenge you don't win the challenge so you won't get the achievement.

Shinobi273
04-16-2008, 04:27 PM
This is for the achievement: CUSTOM CHALLENGE VICTORIES.
If they beat you're challenge you don't win the challenge so you won't get the achievement.

Thanks, I had no idea.

o Mandrick o
08-18-2008, 11:57 AM
As it has been many months since I completed this I have no idea which road the tantlus is on. Is there any chance someone could post a screenshot of the above details so I can visually see. This is the last ach needed and I spent four hours trying to letgitiamately win other peoples races, as yet to no avail.

DAUNTEDFLETTY
09-07-2008, 03:34 PM
As it has been many months since I completed this I have no idea which road the tantlus is on. Is there any chance someone could post a screenshot of the above details so I can visually see. This is the last ach needed and I spent four hours trying to letgitiamately win other peoples races, as yet to no avail.

going by the map it is located at H -10 it is a time chalenge - vehicle restriction is group A to group B - level champion - reward $100,000 hope this helps

o Mandrick o
09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
many thanks for that. Somehow i managed to get a challenge made which had a completion time of 10 seconds.
No idea what I did or how to redo it but it somehow thought I'd driven it in this time (hence it had the green blob and allowed me to post it). There is no way in gods earth it could be done it was about 1.8miles
It was one I'd posted before which I edited, but never reset a time. Not sure if i changed the Gold time or something. ???
I posted that and realised to get the gold was 10seconds flat.
I.e. that was the time the computer recokoned I'd run it in.
someone attempted it it gave me the win and I won one other challenge someone else had posted, and finally job done.
Odd, very odd.

Baron von Goot
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Does the glitch still work where if you post a custom challenge and no one beats your time, you still get credit for the win?

I'm having a very hard time with people racing my challenges. Is there a trick to get people not to race them?

Evo Kazz
03-07-2011, 07:24 AM
This is pure genius, gonna try this today