PDA

View Full Version : Can you use the Blockbuster Game Pass at any Blockbuster location?

WRETCHES
04-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Or is it just the one you purchase it at?

The Pants Party
04-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Just the one you sign up at. They're the ones you pay, the other stores would lose money if they also gave you free rentals.

MajinFro
04-17-2008, 04:48 AM
Yea unfortunately you are stuck at the single Blockbuster. During the GSL, the one I signed up to got rid of all of the old titles (the reason I signed up) a week or two after my sign up. Then their selection also dropped and they weren't getting half of the new titles. I asked them if it was possible to check out a game on the one up the road with my account and was told the information Pants just relayed to you.

Now my personal gripe with it is (and anyone that uses the mail service for movies with the free instore trade ins) you can take your Total Access stuff to any store to trade it in and now they have it where the website knows when you rent something in store that was on your online queue. If corporation BBV can offer all of that, then I think they should tie the Brick and Mortar Store game passes in the same way allowing your card to rent a single game (or two if that is your plan) from any BBV store. No you shouldn't be able to get to each store and get a game from each at one time but you should be able to go to a different store with your account and get a game after turning in your previous game to the store it belongs.

I think I may have just rambled too much but I hope that makes sense.

MrMondayNite341
04-19-2008, 03:34 AM
Sucks about the gamepass, but gamefly is way better