PDA

View Full Version : Re-set?

tophermike
07-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Does anyone know if this game re-sets when you power down? I was at level 2-6 (without losing any lives) and had to go to work. When I came home and fired it up, it made me start all over. Does this have to all be done in one sitting?

Sarge McLarge
07-28-2006, 04:47 AM
If you quit during a game by going to "main menu" your game will automatically be saved (level and score). Then when you come back later to play just press "A" to load that particular game. Since you probably didn't save at all during your game you will have to do it all over again unfortunately :(.

tophermike
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
thanks sarge. yeah- i think you're right. i had initially gone to the main menu, but then went back in, played some more and then just shut down straight from the game. that stinks. oh well, about a 2 hour session later and i have just completed the explorer rank. on to the next one tonight....

CC99999
01-05-2007, 07:39 AM
I've had the game delete my save three times- despite saving it correctly. Twice on Level 4-1 and once on level 2-5. I hate this MFing game now and won't bother going for the last two - easy achievements. URGH!

MalcolmReynolds
08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
My girlfriend has had the same thing happen to her. She has twice played the game up to the point where researcher has silver before gold tiles. She had her score at over two million. She saves it correctly, I was sitting there watching her.

finish a level, save to main menu, return to arcade. Then she loads up the game and it acts like she's never played and puts her on 1-1 of whatever is first.

She's pretty upset about this and if it happens a third time, I think she might murder me. Anyone have any tips or is this a common glitch?

rdrunr89
08-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Both my wife and I have had this happen to us. I have no idea how many times she started the game over, but I know I've done it at least 5 times. It gets frustrating because this game does take a bit of time to do IMO. I don't have a solution but I feel your pain...

tarekegypt
10-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Pain - Pain! I saved correctly at least 4 times then the game just start from scratch. really frustrating.

I think its related to switching your HD between consoles. Did you guys switch HD between consoles?

tattooed si
03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
The same thing has happened to me twice now, i saved the game returned to arcade and when i went back into the game it was though i had never played before. :wtf

monk3boy
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I've had this problem also.

Possible work around.

I've noticed that if I exit the game half way through a puzzle screen, choosing the correct way to exit and save, it doesn't 'remember' that I have saved.

If I wait until I have played through the entire 'screen' (ie end up back at the cheesy map screen) then select not to continue, it saves my progress correctly.

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it's worked for me so far. Hope that helps some of you out.

Chuppernicus
04-03-2009, 11:18 PM
My girlfriend has had the same thing happen to her. She has twice played the game up to the point where researcher has silver before gold tiles. She had her score at over two million. She saves it correctly, I was sitting there watching her.

finish a level, save to main menu, return to arcade. Then she loads up the game and it acts like she's never played and puts her on 1-1 of whatever is first.

She's pretty upset about this and if it happens a third time, I think she might murder me. Anyone have any tips or is this a common glitch?

That blows for sure. Love the name by the way, my wife and I loved the show. Too bad it didn't last.