PDA

View Full Version : Gta Iv Plans

ICEMANjnr
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I work in a game shop so going to get my copy a day or two early but what about you. are you going to collect yours at midnight and are u going to call a sick on at work not go to school or uni what have you got planned for the most awaited game of this year so far?? or are you like me just cant wait for the game just spending time on fourms sites like me. iI WANT GTA IV NOW PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20/04/08 Just got back from work n well manager told me as soon as we get them in stock the staff are able to buy it so im hoping tomorow which is monday or tuesday cant wait now man.

ShaunMichael80
04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I work in a game shop so going to get my copy a day or two early but what about you. are you going to collect yours at midnight and are u going to call a sick on at work not go to school or uni what have you got planned for the most awaited game of this year so far??

I'll be sitting at my computer on this website reading everyones proclaim as GTA is the best game ever. Since my 360 is broke and i dont have it. SO i'll have to wait a couple of weeks sadly :(

Khaos
04-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll be sitting at my computer on this website reading everyones proclaim as GTA is the best game ever. Since my 360 is broke and i dont have it. SO i'll have to wait a couple of weeks sadly :(

:whs.... damn Disc drive error.... curse you M$

Sanction
04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
I may take a 4 day weekend to prepare for GTA4. It should be a fun night. I'll be waiting for my copy at my Gamestop. :D

Impulse
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Ordered mine of play, so i'll be sat next to the letterbox with my breakast and a cup of tea :p

o0 TommyGuns 0o
04-17-2008, 11:04 PM
ya i think ill pick it up the day it comes out and play it all day

Fonkey Monkey
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
i really wish i could stay home from school. if i miss another basketball class i fail. damnit.
will be getting it right after school though and play it allll day.

Kochise
04-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Here in LV they are keeping the Game Stops open all night for a GTA release party so those who pre ordered it can get it early and have some food. Then every game will take a back seat for a few months while I play it everyday. Anyone looking to try and boost the online achievements when they get it?
Kochise11

Ashz0r
04-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Mine will be arriving before 1pm on release day like it always does ^^
And I will be going into a complete different dimension to everyone around me untill i get 100%.. I'll have to warn my friends and parents this time that im not dead and that I am infact locked away in my room and if they wish they can slide some food through the door if I get a moment during a load screen to go and get it :P

njdevils17
04-18-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm going to buy it at Wal-Mart the day it comes out after school. I don't have it pre-ordered or anything but I think I'll still be able to get a copy. A bunch of my friends never pre-ordered Halo 3 but were still able to get it at launch from Wal-Mart. GTA4 will probably be the only game I play until I beat it.

BlaZiN cdn
04-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't know if there will be a midnight launch here, if there is I'm going at midnight to get mine then taking off The 29th (and maybe the 30th:)) to play. If there is no midnight launch I'm going to do the same thing but pick my copy up that morning.

Petturi
04-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Im really lucky that I have no classes that day (what a coincidence :woop:). So im going to Gamestop in the morning to get my copy and play all day.

Impulse
04-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Mine will be arriving before 1pm on release day like it always does ^^
And I will be going into a complete different dimension to everyone around me untill i get 100%.. I'll have to warn my friends and parents this time that im not dead and that I am infact locked away in my room and if they wish they can slide some food through the door if I get a moment during a load screen to go and get it :P

There are no loadscreens!! YOUR GOING TO DIE :eek::eek:

darthmushu
04-18-2008, 04:41 AM
I can't wait to play but I cant miss work to play it. I will play it at midnight until 5, go to work, then come back and play more.

Jicholls
04-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Meh... I'll just get it in the shop and play it until I get bored.

Shadow Fba
04-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Getting it at midnight, and hoping that I get th 29th off so I can play all day.

Dizzy Domes
04-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow, looks like I'm the only person still going to work on the 29th. I'll have to work from 8 to 5 and it's probably going to kill me. I'm not going to bother with the midnight launch either since I would not get any sleep that night.

Pieface
04-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Im going to school, Ive ot exams coming up and I'd personally rather pass them then why I get home Ill open up my copy of GTA4 SE

Ashz0r
04-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow, looks like I'm the only person still going to work on the 29th. I'll have to work from 8 to 5 and it's probably going to kill me. I'm not going to bother with the midnight launch either since I would not get any sleep that night.

GTA 4 release day should be a national holiday ^^

ICEMANjnr
04-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who replyed. i just cant flipping wait man

ICEMANjnr
04-18-2008, 11:44 PM
National holiday i agree vote for me as nextpresident den i mke it happen lol

KindCandy
04-19-2008, 09:10 AM
I may take a 4 day weekend to prepare for GTA4. It should be a fun night. I'll be waiting for my copy at my Gamestop. :D Same here i am gona take a leave from my office as well to play this game allll day night longggggggg :woop: I told them all ready lol

Yickk
04-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm off that week, so I'll be getting as much playing time in as I can before I have to go back to school for the summer... damn alternating work and academic terms...

Ashz0r
04-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I haven't been this excited about a game since when they first announced diablo 2 : LoD lmao
Lets hope it hasn't been over hyped like halo3 was..Doesn't look like it has been over hyped though ^^
It's gunna be one of those games where theres a ceremony when you get it.. wet yourself and spell your name completly wrong in excitement as the postman hands it to you...franticly take the seal off the box with whatever sharp object tends to be around.. pause for a couple of seconds staring at the box... open the box.. admire the insides as if you have just struck gold..then threaten your xbox360 with many violent consiquences if it scratches the disk when put in.. then do a crazy little happy dance as the game boots ^^ ...

martin88
04-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Special edition ordered from HMV. 60, rather than 70, 1000 MS points, and I get student discount of 10%. Posted special delivery, should be here release date, I won't expect it before but if it does arrive early, bonus.

Jicholls
04-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Im going to school, Ive ot exams coming up and I'd personally rather pass them then why I get home Ill open up my copy of GTA4 SE

I am the exact same as you. State exams in around 1 and 1/2 months.

jorGe62990
04-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I am skipping school and picking it up first thing in the morning on the 29th...I would be picking it up at midnight, but the gay town in which my Gamestop is located in won't let it because of town ordinances. :mad:

Dabigamc
04-19-2008, 06:47 PM
ive got mine preordered, my friends dads picking it up so il pick up it either after skool at about 3:30pm or i mite just skip a double period of english and go up and get it at 12:30pm lol

laundryman
04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I plan on coming down with a sudden illness on the day it comes out. My dad will pick it up for me, come home, and I play for the day

Daywalker-san
04-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Im (hopefully) getting mine on the 25th, i have booked a week off work, so i can thrash through it ^_^

danbarney
04-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I've ordered my copy on GAME stores website which usually send the game too early and it arrives a day before release, hopefully this will be the case with GTA.:woop:

Yogurt Top
04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
i have to wait till i finish college to play it :s

Turonel
04-19-2008, 11:23 PM
i've got the collectors edition preordered but i wont be picking up till 3 days after release...gotta wait for payday..so i'll be sittin on live checkin everyone on my friends list and their gta progress :(

A Polish Panda
04-19-2008, 11:32 PM
My plan for April 29th is this...

Wake up at 8 am. Get my mom to call my school to say I'm not coming :). Get ready to go to the mall to go to EB games and pick it up. Go home. Put it in the disk drive. Laugh at all my friends at school.

Deyankees1
04-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Well Tuesday I only have one class which is from 8 am to 10 am. So Once Im done gonna head to gamestop which is like an hour from my college pick up 5 copies(hope I don't get attacked) go to my friends house give out each friend their copy that they preordered head home and play. So when its all said and done should be playing by like 12:30 pm that tuesday. Cant wait.

Chilidog Chaos
04-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Wait for UPS to drop it off at my house while I'm at school. Get home, play it till I fall asleep then rinse and repeat.

Does anyone know about Best Buys delivery dates for pre-ordering games?

artvandel4y
04-20-2008, 10:39 PM
My school isn't out until 4 on tuesdays, so I'll be waiting for the midnight release on monday night. But I'm still going to school the next day. Why? because I am facilitating a discussion with parents on the effects of media violence on the 30th. I am sacrificing my own GTA 4 time so that those younger than 17 with crazy parents can play as well. As a teen, a gamer, and an investor in take two interactive, I think it's for the best.

DeathMinion111
04-21-2008, 01:12 AM
I get to pick mine up after work. Might not even get to play it 'til the next day.

kiwi18
04-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Ha I might get my copy of Gears 2 a couple months earlier. My friends uncle works for M$. I got Vampire Rain which blows and Halo 3 early as well. I can't wait. I want GTA4 though so baddd.

bennifer3000
04-22-2008, 05:05 AM
I have work and homework all week and weekend, but after class on Monday I'll be going to my local GameStop and grabbing the game at midnight unless I'm tipped off on where I can get it early.

In the mean time there's LOST on Thursday and my fav team the Colorado Avalanche are playing sometime this week, so I'll certainly be busy before the game which helps the time pass. :)

GU3R!LLA
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I've preordered mine at a small game shop near my place ...

I know they had Burning Crusade last year a day or two before the official release and they still sold it to those who had preordered it, so I'll go check if it's there this week-end (nothing to lose anyway, it's like a two minutes walk) and if it's not there I'll have to wait until tuesday night ... and then go to school next morning and wait another day to play it again :(

Sparkles
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
I've taken Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday off work so I can play it. :woop:

I pre-ordered it from GAME & got an email yesterday saying that due to demand they're starting to pack them up early and may want to authorise my payment today. I hope that means that it will arrive early too :).

Lordvader178
04-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Eh.........i probably will just go to school. GTA IV isn't really my cup of tea. I don't give a crap about it :).

IRONMAN
04-22-2008, 11:48 AM
i will carry on with my normal life, go to work, have some supper when i get home, do whatever else that needs to be done, & then check it out if any are left in stock. If they are, nice..if not, ooh well. Life goes on.

Tzar77
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Im (hopefully) getting mine on the 25th, i have booked a week off work, so i can thrash through it ^_^

haha sweet.

im going to the midnight launch at GAME, going home and playing it till i can play no more!

WntrWolf
04-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I work in a game shop so going to get my copy a day or two early but what about you. are you going to collect yours at midnight and are u going to call a sick on at work not go to school or uni what have you got planned for the most awaited game of this year so far?? or are you like me just cant wait for the game just spending time on fourms sites like me. iI WANT GTA IV NOW PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20/04/08 Just got back from work n well manager told me as soon as we get them in stock the staff are able to buy it so im hoping tomorow which is monday or tuesday cant wait now man.

Dont get caught playing it online early man. They are legally street dated for the 29th. I wont be selling it to anyone until 12:01. There are some serious fines that can get placed on your store if street date is broken. Not to mention jepordizing future shipment of product. Id fire any of my crew who broke street date.

It will be killing me to know its in store and I cant play it until 2am when I close the store and go home. I did take the next day off hehe. I let my assisstant manager deal with the next day

LethalRope
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
The highly anticipated GTA IV is due to be with you on Tuesday 29th April. To make sure that we get this title to everyone who ordered it for release day we have had to start our picking and packing process earlier than we would for our normal pre-orders. As a result, we may look to authorise your credit/debit card from tomorrow.

Email from GAME looks like i will get it the 29th on there website it said theres a high chance i will not :).

ZiM1021
04-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I got my copy preordered and totally paid off so all I gotta do is go down to Gamestop, give them my preorder slip, take my copy, and run home like I had the golden ticket from Willy Wonka. :p

cORnDogZ
04-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I have class at 10 am, so my plan is to get up early and go to KMart and pick it up right when they open. Hopefully they have copies in when I get there :Bounce:

VicLev
04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
i pre-ordered from my local future shop and plan on picking up as soon as it turns tuesday 12 am... that is if i can find the receipt... not sure where i put it...

Nerd Brown
04-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm getting mine at Midnight and playing it all night/day sense I don't have any class on Tuesday's

quidyg
04-22-2008, 07:08 PM

same here except my warranties ended :mad::(

x McGrim x
04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Eh, same here. :( I'll pick it up the first day and read the manual though. :D

Lancer Evolution
04-23-2008, 02:55 AM
I just pre-ordered (played full price already) it today. Now I can't wait to put the disk in.
But...I have the STAR Test at my school...friggin' gay. I can't miss it. :(

cassetto
04-23-2008, 05:37 PM
i'm gonna kiss my copy, here on my bad till 29 of april. i got the limited here in my hands yes, but i'll wait. ^^

Ceb
04-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Can't wait, dont have work but I have night school :(. So I will be playing all day but from 6-10pm when most of my friends are on, I'll be in class not paying any attention at all.

Shadow Fba
04-24-2008, 08:40 PM
I took the day off so I can play this.