PDA

View Full Version : New Double EXP Weekend - Lengendary Brawl

APX
04-18-2008, 08:58 PM
You ready for it?

In a nut shell, it's pretty much Lone Wolves but with the new Map Pack as well as with Standoff.

New game type (I think) is Lazer Tag, Spartan Lazers and Snipers. :D

Anybody found this to be fun? I did. :D

The Showdown13
04-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Looking forward to playing tonight. I saw that it was Free For All Big Team Battle.

HoodMod
04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Sweet, Ima go play some Halo. I forget if it starts on Friday or Saturday...

Chud 360
04-18-2008, 11:02 PM
it also has rats nets on it. Is it just me, or is 12 man ffa not nearly as fun as it sounds?

GAMERDUDE1989
04-19-2008, 12:58 AM
it also has rats nets on it. Is it just me, or is 12 man ffa not nearly as fun as it sounds?

Glad i'm not the only person who thinks the same as me. I like having 12 people in a match, but the "achievement boosting questions" have surfaced again during this playlist. I like the 2X EXP but, it is not as fun as it sounds. I played a few matches and unless you know the maps, you will struggle. That's my 2 cents. Please don't flame me, it's my opinion

~Gamerdude1989

Tatanko
04-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Sweet, Ima go play some Halo. I forget if it starts on Friday or Saturday...
Thursday, oddly enough.

Devastator853
04-19-2008, 03:16 AM
I got like 7 achievements on the first day from this playlist and just to say in this playlist there are two kinds of people. Guys that help you get achievements and faggots that kill everything on sight and have no respect for others. But on my main point: did Bungie make this playlist so we could work together for achievements? Because with chat we can easily work together so yeah ask others if they need help and help will come to you.

BeardedApple
04-19-2008, 03:26 AM
So you have to buy the Legendary map pack to play it now?
If so:Screw you Bungie.

ejbadger
04-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Pretty glad that this Double EXP weekend features the new maps to learn, but also that it was ranked so achievements could be attained. Personally, I got Mongoose Mowdown and Two for One in my first two matches that I played. Feels good to FINALLY get the 1000g.

Rifle Elite
04-19-2008, 09:38 AM
[quote=Devastator853;807830] in this playlist there are two kinds of people. Guys that help you get achievements and faggots that kill everything on sight and have no respect for others. [quote=Devastator853;807830]

Haha some people can be quite stupid. What you are doing is called boosting. People like you just ruin the security and katana armor.

Spartan EXR
04-19-2008, 01:36 PM
I played it, it was alot of fun!

Yickk
04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah that playlist is good stuff. Too bad I'm out of town for the weekend and can't play. I was enjoying playing Halo again after a week or 2 of Bioshock.

xl JB lx
04-19-2008, 03:05 PM
If I play this and I get Two for One, would the achievement unlock. It is free-for-all but idk.

Yickk
04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
If I play this and I get Two for One, would the achievement unlock. It is free-for-all but idk.

It should. I got my Two for One in the International Tournament playlist a little while ago.

ShadowzKiller
04-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Achievements do unlock in that playlist. The achievement description for online achievements (most, not all) say in any ranked free for all playlist. This works as did the infection playlist on Halloween. I am only a 21 and can't find any games.

ejbadger
04-19-2008, 05:20 PM
It all depends who is playing on the new maps as well as in the playlist, it took me a while to find a match last night and I was a 3, lol.

punker
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I got like 7 achievements on the first day from this playlist and just to say in this playlist there are two kinds of people. Guys that help you get achievements and faggots that kill everything on sight and have no respect for others.

Dude, what do you expect? Are you seriously bashing people for killing anyone they see? It's free for all. If I see someone, I'm killing them-- end of story.

For example: yesterday I actually had someone call me an asshole because I killed him. What happened was, apparently he was running to a spot where a few people had agreed to meet to help out with the Overkill achievement. Seriously? I saw someone running toward me, so I shot him to death... I will not apologize for that at all. That's his own damn fault for not trying to defend himself.

Edited to add: Even beyond THAT, I have nothing at all against boosting. But in that same situation, there's a small group people helping each other out like that. Ok great, but then when they're actually gonna go back to playing the game, now they're four or five kills up on everyone else. That's crap.

Immortal Evil
04-21-2008, 12:46 AM
So you have to buy the Legendary map pack to play it now?
If so:Screw you Bungie. Are you an idiot? it's to celebrate the newly released maps. Why not reward those willing to fork out cash for these awesome new maps/\?

sensespanic
04-21-2008, 06:58 AM
[quote=Devastator853;807830] in this playlist there are two kinds of people. Guys that help you get achievements and faggots that kill everything on sight and have no respect for others. [quote=Devastator853;807830]

Haha some people can be quite stupid. What you are doing is called boosting. People like you just ruin the security and katana armor.
I absolutely agree. It's incredibly stupid that people are still going about getting achievements in this manner. That's why in the other thread about adding achievements to the DLC I was against it. The achievements, and thereby the security armor and katana, mean absolutely nothing if people are getting it by boosting. Not to mention they are ruining the game for those of us who are actually in the match to play the games instead of running to one spot so we can all kill each other together.

As a side note however, 12 man FFA really isn't all that fun. It just gets totally crazy and every time you spawn it feels like you are in the middle of a crazy fire fight. You barely ever have time to get your bearings. I'll stick to team based fights with that many people personally.

marzix
04-21-2008, 07:25 AM
i so wish i could have gotten in on some of these matches... it would have been fun. sadly, my internet went out though :(

nawtbird
04-22-2008, 12:58 PM
It was fun playlist that had a few different game types.

Lazer tag was fun to play

kiwi18
04-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Does this occur every weekend? For the past 2 weeks it has
1st week:Legendary Brawl
2nd week: Team Swat
3rd week: Is there gonna be a third week??