PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question.

Spec7rum
04-19-2008, 05:21 AM
I saw the Demo Dilemma thread title and decided go along with the whole alliteration thing. I digest.

My birthday is in ten days and I was gonna get my parents to buy me a game. I've narrowed my choices down to Bioshock, Bully, or Half-life 2. I've read reviews of Bully and Bioshock and both seem like awesome games. I don't know much about Half-life 2, but I've heard good things. Just wondering what game you think has the best story-line and playback value. Thanks.

ShaunMichael80
04-19-2008, 05:26 AM
I saw the Demo Dilemma thread title and decided go along with the whole alliteration thing. I digest.

My birthday is in ten days and I was gonna get my parents to buy me a game. I've narrowed my choices down to Bioshock, Bully, or Half-life 2. I've read reviews of Bully and Bioshock and both seem like awesome games. I don't know much about Half-life 2, but I've heard good things. Just wondering what game you think has the best story-line and playback value. Thanks.

Well...Bioshock is clearly the best game. But The Orange Box is the better buy cuz it has 3 games in 1 (Portal & team fortress). So i'd get that. But Bioshock is amazing, you can play it 2 or 3 times over to get all the achievements and it takes about 30 hours each time

MrPaypaChasa
04-19-2008, 05:32 AM
1. If you are going to get Bishock I warn you, It is scary when you play it at night.
2. Bioshock is a great game the best out of the three. It has a great story line and pretty good plaback value.
How I rate it.

STORY-LINE
1. Bioshock
2.Bully
3.Half-Life 2

PLAYBACK VALUE
1.Bully
2.Bioshock
3.Half-Life 2

MrMondayNite341
04-19-2008, 05:55 AM

Bioshock......Great game, great playback value

Gun-Nut
04-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Personally I would check out http://www.gametrailers.com/ and watch the Video Reviews for each one :)

I would go with The Orange Box though since there is 5 Games on the disc instead of just having one :)

Portal IMO is a must play game but I would not buy Orange Box if your not atleast a bit interested in playing though the Half-Life 2 story.

Spec7rum
04-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Personally I would check out http://www.gametrailers.com/ and watch the Video Reviews for each one :)

I would go with The Orange Box though since there is 5 Games on the disc instead of just having one :)

Portal IMO is a must play game but I would not buy Orange Box if your not atleast a bit interested in playing though the Half-Life 2 story.

Great Site. Thank you very much.

BeardedApple
04-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Bioshock isn't really scary..It just has things jump from nowhere.
And the OrangeBox has all 3 HL's in it,so I'd go for it..And it has Portal. <3

Dabigamc
04-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Bioshock in my view, is one of the best if not the best game to hit the Xbox, good graphics, great gameplay, smart AI, fantastic storyline, hard mode is a great challenge (especially if going for the brass balls achievement), and some good challenging achievements.

10/10 - MUST BUY

knockton55
04-19-2008, 07:10 PM
First of, all those games are fantastic. I've only been able to get a hold of 2 but i've played Bully.

Do not get Half-Life 2 if you havnt played the first, the first is better and you wont understand Half-Life 2 without playing the first. Bioshock is okay....but it can be completed fairly quickly and theres not much replayability apart from enjoyment and gamerscore.

Bully is a fun free-roaming adventure game which is really funny and enjoyable, i'd go for that :)