PDA

View Full Version : How can a game be so boring

Kochise
04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
This might be the most boring game ever made for 360. No action at all and without a guide you better hope you are good at puzzles and math. Would have been better if it was just one long episode minus the missions. If you dont watch the show then it will be like nails on a chalkboard.

MightyWingo
04-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I thought the game was ok. Its certainly not winning game of the year or anything but if you like the show its a least enjoyable. I do agree that all those fuse panels tend to get pretty annoying. But I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it boring.

SouP x360a
04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I just finished this game, and I must say it was quite fun. I only played it for the points and I used a guide so I zipped right through it, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable while I was doing it. I've never even watched the show.

Snowdog115
04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Just completed it and thought it was pretty crappy, was hoping for some behind the scenes type stuff seeing as i watch the show, but nope, nothing.

Just a badly made game imo, couldve done so much more.

DubNut86
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Total crap, hated the game!

Lambshot23
04-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I cant wait to finish this one If it wasnt for the guide I would have quit !!

botafogo007
04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I don't know why, but nearly everything about this game bugged me. Definitely one of the worst experiences I've had on the 360.

justinpf
04-29-2008, 07:38 AM
I didnt think it was TERRIBLE, it was mildly enjoyable for me. I thought finding stuff to trade was kinda fun but it wasnt exactly epic. The gun aiming worked surprisingly well for a game that uses it so little, but it was probably copied and pasted from GRAW, as this is made by Ubi. I'd overall give it a 5, five being just fair.

sensespanic
04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I didnt think it was TERRIBLE, it was mildly enjoyable for me. I thought finding stuff to trade was kinda fun but it wasnt exactly epic. The gun aiming worked surprisingly well for a game that uses it so little, but it was probably copied and pasted from GRAW, as this is made by Ubi. I'd overall give it a 5, five being just fair.
Wow - - a 5? You are far too generous my friend. This game is deserving of NOTHING above a 2. It really was not fun at all. I love the show and I thought that this was so bad that it would turn people who had never seen the show away from it. That would be a shame because the show is very good whereas this game is not. If you want an easy 1000 this game is the one for you since I was able to complete if in 3 hours with a guide. If you are looking for a FUN game to play, look elsewhere.

boofarama
06-15-2008, 05:07 AM
game is crap working on my 1000 doing this and surfs up two easy games back to back lol

MikeinSC
07-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I liked Ace Combat 6 much less. I also hated Monster Madness far more. Golden Compass was markedly more boring. This game was not great, but it did really suck you into the world. I don't really want to play a sequel and don't want to watch the movie.

L1E
07-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Hmmm, I actually really enjoyed this game... I liked just running around and talking to people and just taking in the information. Call me boring, but that was a great game in my opinion. Also, I never watched the show, ever. I watched the first scene of the first episode and just turned it off. So I guess this was good insight on the show, even though it was nothing like it. Maybe I'll give Lost another chance... Maybe....

marlo2123
07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Hated the game! so far, one of the worst games i've ever played. There is a story but its so boring and completely stupid. I mean, whats that that smoke monster?!?! All i did is rent this game for the easy 1k (yes i did use a guide so it took me about a day)
I give this game like a 1 on a 1-10 scale.

madcap1
07-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Hmmm, I actually really enjoyed this game... I liked just running around and talking to people and just taking in the information. Call me boring, but that was a great game in my opinion. Also, I never watched the show, ever. I watched the first scene of the first episode and just turned it off. So I guess this was good insight on the show, even though it was nothing like it. Maybe I'll give Lost another chance... Maybe....

I agree with you but I love this show , I dont watch much TV at all but Lost I watch all the time so for me the game was just like a ep it was a shame that they could not get all the real actors to do the voices.

CSARdiver
07-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Picked it up mostly due to being a huge fan of the show, but found the game to be dissapointing. Controls were clunky and there was really no challenge - just some random "others" firing from trees and running through caves. Puzzles were way to simple. The voice acting was just awful, but still enjoyed the storyline - just like any Lost episode.

braddelo
07-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Ha. I would like to see what all of you haters would do with a game like Myst or Monkey Island.

CSARdiver
07-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Ha. I would like to see what all of you haters would do with a game like Myst or Monkey Island.

All of those 90s LucasArts games were just in a league of their own. They just don't make games as challenging as they used to. That and you had no guides available

LOL - if you just couldn't figure something out and got desperate enough you could call the help line at 1.99/min or something and get a walkthrough on how to get past a puzzle - good times!

Tym
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Like many of you, I'm just a huge Lost fan who stumbled upon the game through good ol' Gamefly. I didn't absolutely hate the game, but if I didn't have the patience of a saint I wouldn't have that 1000/1000. Wasn't hard, but wasn't good by any means.

I suggest someone who enjoys the show to rent it, DON'T buy it.

itsmatt338
08-19-2008, 02:03 AM
I personally think King Kong was worse!

M85A21
08-19-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm sorry let me get a grasp of this.
The game was boring?
Have you watched the show? Seriously anyone?

NEVADA FINFAN
08-19-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm sorry let me get a grasp of this.
The game was boring?
Have you watched the show? Seriously anyone?

That was dam funny. ;) I 2 am shocked that people who watch the show felt the game was boring. I know that i would love 2 watch a show that has such an endless array of setting, plot, & characters. can u smell the sarcastic tone yet? The non-stop action in the show made me expect a game as action packed as the COD franchise. 4 real, if u were disapointed w/ this game u were insane b4 u played it. If u liked it, well, keep unplugging ur brain on wednesdays. LOL:)

scotty32
08-19-2008, 05:44 AM
I thought it was ok but should have been better

benbam87
08-19-2008, 05:47 AM
I really thought it was ok for the first hour but after that it was very boring

SpeedKills3255
08-19-2008, 06:00 AM
what did u guys expect when u decided to play this? lol

Blue Radium
08-19-2008, 07:51 AM
This game has 3 areas where you can use your gun, only 3. And this is 6 hours of gameplay, with about 1 minute of shooting all-together. Now, the puzzles aren't all that hard, they are just a bit of trial and error for the most part. The math is easy peasy, no problems with any of the computer "quiz" puzzles. It tries to focus on only storyline, but it fails in that respect. The hardest part is walking past the black smoke monster with the dynamite, which still only took me about 4 tries. It's not a very good, game, but it has easy gamerscore, and it isn't horrible in my opinion. Good enough to live through for the 1k, not good enough to play for the game itself.

R1100S
10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
I am an avid Lost fan. I've seen all of the episodes when they aired, watched the DVD's, and am watching Lost 2.0 on G4 now.

Great show.

Crappy game.

I followed the guide and got my 1000/1000 gamerscore points. This is actually the only game I have 1000/1000, so i guess I shouldn't complain.

But oh man.....was it painfully boring. Two day rental from gamefly. I couldn't get it back in the mailbox fast enough. I feel sorry for any Lost fan who actually paid $60 for this when it was released.

I would only recommend this for people serious about achievements.

Decland Hatcher
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I completed LOST about 2 hours ago and loved it all, was a short game but for a rental it was well worth it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have bought it but the game isn't all that bad, just not much re-play value if any atall. Overall this game is a great rental, fun and easy achievements. :)

master_shake_350
10-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Total crap, hated the game!

Yer this game failed In My Opinion!

Lotto1215
11-26-2008, 12:13 AM
yah this game is pretty boring but its good for gamerpoints

deano ward
12-09-2008, 08:53 PM
the wosr things about this game

1.Locke's voice actor
2.When completling chapters in the episode menu it doesn't reset the continue and you have t start over.
3.too many loading screens for such a small area. sometimes all you do is walkthrough the area so all it's doing is loading textures when it could have just skipped that part and gone straight to where you needed to go.
4.pointless questions you can ask people which don;t releate to the show or the game.

Big D 67
12-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I agree, great rental but zero replay n easy 1000 (my first 1000/1000).

calsap
12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
love the series, but i was really disappointed with the game. hated the smoke monster and the caves. the graphics were sub-par and some of the voice acting was pretty bad. i did like the idea of the photojournalist with amnesia, but overall the game was pretty disappointing. (unless you only want an easy 1000 pts) :)

Purge
12-20-2008, 08:41 PM
I watch the show and love it so in my opinion its a 7/10 but you may think otherwise seeing how you are not as involved in the show as I am.

markvvoc
12-20-2008, 08:59 PM
i only bought the game for the 1000.....but i did find it terribly boring...i found there wasnt much to the game...no real action..just running about collecting things and taking photos...if there was no achievement guide, i would have had no idea what to do....i only fired a gun once!! i didnt even get the do any driving lol....as there the type of games i am more interested in...

Br0kenAssass1n
12-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Not an amazing game, but I still enjoyed it. Was an easy 1000GS and a fun lot at that.

phatstrat
12-23-2008, 08:44 AM
My question is who wrote the guides we have and why? Did they think the game was so great that they needed to be the first to write about it? Not to sound ungrateful because I used them to get 1000 points, but some parts were so confusing even with the guide. lol At least they could have gotten all of the actors to do the voice overs. Are they too busy with their prolific careers to do a day's worth of reading?

ferrara316
12-24-2008, 06:07 PM
My question is who wrote the guides we have and why? Did they think the game was so great that they needed to be the first to write about it? Not to sound ungrateful because I used them to get 1000 points, but some parts were so confusing even with the guide. lol At least they could have gotten all of the actors to do the voice overs. Are they too busy with their prolific careers to do a day's worth of reading?

the guide was perfect. it is one of the best type of achievement guides to be written as it is a road map to all achievements as well as a perfect walkthrough, and it lets you know everything you need to know, ahead of time.

The game isnt bad at all, as long as you rented it. If you paid full price for this game, i feel bad for you wasting your money!

PureTechniquex
01-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Yep ill say it aswell, this game is really boring.. i cant even be bothered to finish it lool ill get around to it maybe in a month or so lmao.

Tsaako
02-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Only just got onto the 3rd episode myself..

Yeh i agree it is very boring :uzi:

I only got the game cause i watch the tv seriers and it was only 7. It lacks a smooth gameplay, hardly no action (so far anyways).

At first i was like :confused: at the begginning doing that leak stoppage thing near the beach, if it werent for a guide i'd of just quit the game there and then, it didnt really givr you a clear explanation of what to do.

The caves..ughh, boring and confusing much?

It's a terrible game overall but i love the series so it werent to bad for me. Acheivments are easy.

chanman
02-18-2009, 03:29 AM
The game was ok, not the worst game I've ever played.

Denny Crane
03-27-2009, 01:34 PM
as far as games go it really isnt great (then again in my opinion games today most games are all shitfests that last 2 weeks if your lucky)... but take it for what it is. if you are a lost fan youll just be happy your playing a lost videogame. 10/10.

raggyt
04-05-2009, 06:05 PM
If I wasn't a fan of Lost, this game would never had made it into my collection to play. The hardest part of the game was trying to forget I ever wasted time playing it.

AgEnT STARZz
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
They made a shitty game to rake in more money from a great show!

Denny Crane
04-11-2009, 05:47 AM
They made a shitty game to rake in more money from a great show!
id rather a shitty cash in than nothing at all. and it was as horrible as people make it out to be, it was actually enjoyable, more so than most of the turds that come out week after week.

CyanideSpirit
04-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Easy points!!!

Jedi ObiJoe
04-14-2009, 04:40 PM
The only reason I played this was for the points. Would not have even done that had it not been for the guide. Glad I'm finished and the game is headed back to gamefly.

sleepydumbdude
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I didn't find it boring. I found the gameplay to be cheap. I actually did like the story from 4-7. I still feel I over paid for the game, I got it for 9.99 on newegg. The photo taking was annoying when I knew I was just a little off and had to sit there for about 3-5 minutes taking pictures over and over.

Swisher
04-28-2009, 04:44 AM
This might be the most boring game ever made for 360. No action at all and without a guide you better hope you are good at puzzles and math. Would have been better if it was just one long episode minus the missions. If you dont watch the show then it will be like nails on a chalkboard.

Just dont play it if its so boring...

YouTube Freak
05-05-2009, 01:41 PM
it's definitly the most boring game ever

I iMaTrix I
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Just rented this game for the "easy" achievements, thinking that it'd only take me 2-3 hours like the guide said.. but, i found the same so boring and un-playable i found myself taking a half hour break every 2 levels. Maybe that's cus i had no interest in the TV series but tbh i think even a lover of the TV show would not find this game all too interesting to play.

Overall, it was boring & too reptative.. making the achievements all the more tedious. Oh and having to refer to the walkthrough for achievement help every 5 minutes didn't make the game any more fun to play

:(

TriRock
08-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Easy 1k, but nothing redeeming about the game. Boring, poor graphics, lousy gameplay. You have to be a fan of the series to enjoy it and a GS whore to sit through it.

s3xyemo
01-19-2010, 03:56 AM
good concept bad game

dutcheeeezmasta
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Yea, the game wasn't spectacular but it was the easiest 1000 I've ever got. You need to be a fan of the show to even remotely appreciate it and understand it.

Sometimes I can't stand games that you need to play 2 or 3 times to finish (ie - complete on normal, hard, super insanely hard) so I'm glad I didn't have to worry about that with this game. One simple playthrough did the trick.

I didn't like playing with a main character that wasn't even in the TV show, they should have let you play as the different survivors. The achievement guide was awesome and I got 1000 within about 6 hrs total.

Soulflyy
02-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Ubisoft you have FAILED!

ahhh man this game did suck but hey easy points right :p

namel3ss gamer
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm a big fan of the show, and i found the game average at best! I dread to think how someone who hasn't watched the programme would cope sitting through it tho lol as most of the stuff thats going on in it requires you to have watched it to understand!

The fuse puzzles, cave sections and jungle sections were all very tedious in my opinion, but there were some aspects of the game i did like, such as the flashbacks and general look of the game (the graphics were actually quite good in some areas), and the story was ok i suppose.

One thing is for certain its a damn easy and quick 1000 gamerpoints :p

Andystylez
11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I fell asleep so many times playing this game, LITERALLY!

it was that bad but at least i got the 1000G out of it..

hidexiii
05-27-2013, 05:50 AM
This game so hard to finish, i cant go through the dark