PDA

View Full Version : Some helpful hints for Monaco vs Porto

EOU Findub
04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
So I just completed Monaco vs. Porto last night and holy crap that is the hardest achievement I have ever gotten...no joke. Anyways, I will try to help whoever I can with the way I received it.

I used a 3-4-1-2 formation.

I subbed in Gakpe (RF) and Lombardi (CM) for their respective positions.

Use your Jan Koller to try to dribble through the defense any time you can. Break aways are hard to do because they just sit back on defense almost the entire game. The "Y" button should be utilized quite a bit to try to break that difficult defense.

Crosses are also an effective way to score goals. Jan Koller is 6'7" and is great at heading. You don't need to score right off the kick of but you do really need to score at least two goals before the 87th minutes.

This game requires a ton of skill and a ton of luck. I wish good luck to whoever tries this as it took me over 60 tries to get it.

Alphonse
05-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks I have completed that challenge after following the formation and players you suggested. Its indeed the hardest challenge so far for me too.

EOU Findub
05-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I am glad it helped somebody. It seems like certain formations work against other ones. However, it is pretty bold to ask a player to score AT LEAST 3 goals in less than 4 minutes. Especially with a team like Monaco.

I scored 3 goals in regulation but simply couldn't put another one in with all of the extra time they added for me. It went into Penalty Shootout and while I scored my first three, I missed the next one. As luck would have it they missed their fourth shot wide. After that we traded goals for the next three shots and as luck would have it they missed on their eighth attempt. I couldn't believe it because it was like, 3 in the morning and was going to be my last try for the night. It was awesome. Anyways, glad you got one of the HARDEST achievements (imo) in the 360 library.

RedBlinky
07-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Oddly enough I got this one on my first try. It took me a while to do the barcelona one though. For me it seems teams play best in the formation that is their default formation. It seems like when I try to switch teams to unfamiliar formations the players stand around and don't make as good of runs. Maybe its just my imagination.

Richiee
07-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Have to agree with RedBlinky. Maybe I'm lazy but I never change original lineup. For this match just let Koller do all the work

EOU Findub
07-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Haha, well, I would consider you extremely lucky. While I agree that Koller does need to do most of the work...the rest of the players stand around with their thumbs up their butts. Oh well, I am just happy to get this one done. Barcelona was BY FAR easier for me than this horrible challenge.

BThumme
08-19-2009, 03:18 AM
I beat the final spanish challenge yesterday. I was thinking to myself, after beating that, that this would be a walk in the park...nope.

I've played it at least 500 times. Albeit, most times are less than 20 seconds long. This defense is by far the hardest to crack. And my speed, even though my chemistry is at 66 and theirs is 61, I get annihlated on any loose balls. Only twice have I scored two goals with more than 6 minutes to play. And I've hit oh so many crossbars and posts.

This is really, really frustrating. And you guys make it seem like Kolle can go through everyone - I must suck at dribbling, because every tackle the CPU does takes the ball away from me. I will say though, when I can get a shot with him I let it rip. Got to keep trying now, I've probably spent 12 hours the last two days trying. BTW, does Gakpe go in as the CF or ST? I usually put him in the ST.

BThumme
08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
So I finally got it, and all I can say is wow as well.

It sucks, big time. I probably tried the scenario around 700 times. I finally realized it did me no good to just restart right away.

Anyways, I find that when you score a goal, Porto is very vulnerable. after you score and they kick off, they make a semi-long pass and bobble it; that's when you need to get on it and send a through pass and hope Koller can get it. They WILL catch you, so once you get in the box you gotta let it rip.

I held my breath in Extra Time...they hit the crossbar and I was about to cry. It took me EXTRA penalty kicks, and I have never been so nervous before in an xbox game. I won 8-7.

Anyways, it Said i won 10,500 credits. But I didn't get 10k credits ><

Oh well, achievement unlocked...all 30gs of it.

Good Luck fellow achievement hunters, this is a true "achievement"

Zorlance
09-24-2009, 02:40 AM
I just beat this a few minutes ago and it was as hard as I expected. It only took me about 10 tries, and I made no changes to formations or personnel. I recommend going down the pitch and scoring straight away, if you don't then just restart because you don't have enough time, and Monaco don't have enough talent to get many opportunities.

I played every challenge the same, pass it out to the wing, dribble right down to the byline (corner flag) and then hold LT and cross and the player will whip in a low cross, and if your striker connects with that then 9 times out of 10 it'll go in. I managed to get it to 3-3 in normal time before getting another in extra time (Koller scored them all) and then made 3 substitutions just to get some fresh players on.

Overall though I thought Spanish Mountain and No Chance were harder, if you can do those then you can do this. Just keep trying and you'll get that lucky bounce or lucky deflection and it'll be all you need.

RedBlinky
09-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Having beat the Champions League on World Class with over 20 teams this is the strategy I always use to score and while it has been over a year since I have played this challenge (came back to play this game yesterday and actually finished two more teams less than a dozen left!! and that damn finale orange capitano ball).

But scoring was always easy. Just go down the sideline use Y for through ball to the guy on the side your on. Have him dribble or pass in to the middle if he cant straight away then have him pass back to the guy who did the through ball and try again. From this point just hold LT to get your forward to make a run on the defense (who even on world class just stand around right in front of the penalty area) From here its a y button and a well placed shot to goal. THe biggest trick to scoring is holding B long enough. If you hold it just long enough alot of times you can hit the crossbar and it will still bounce in. Or simply hit the postage stamp.

Anyway this probably doesn't help much but this is coming from someone who has played over 20 champions leagues and gone through the ultimate team mode about 10 times. Not to mention the grinding for points :0

Zorlance
09-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm still stuck on No Chance, it's the last one I have to do and I've tried it at least 100-200 times and just can't do it. Scoring 4 goals against AC Milan's ultra defence is so tough, and my tactics of running down the wings don't seem to work as well, and I can never get through balls to work either. I've tried messing with the formations but when you're retrying so much I get sick of having to go through the menus everytime, only to restart 5 seconds later because I couldn't score from the kick off.

A HERO EMERGES
09-25-2009, 12:37 PM
i found this one really easy, took me 3 attempts, i just couldn't get the 3rd goal then i did it and won 5-3 before extra time.

the hardest for me was barcelona vs velencia,had to score 4 in 20mins always got 3 coudlnt get the 4th then did it got to extra time scored and they score in the 118 min with a beauty, so i lost on away goals. and then coudnlt do it again took me 3hours to do it, i had to turn of the commentary at one stage got fed up of hearing, barcelona have it all to do, they must score 4 just to take it into extar time, miricales do happen but barcelona have been beaten by the better side ovber teh to legs,

heard it so much i can remember it word for word.

EOU Findub
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
i found this one really easy, took me 3 attempts, i just couldn't get the 3rd goal then i did it and won 5-3 before extra time.

the hardest for me was barcelona vs velencia,had to score 4 in 20mins always got 3 coudlnt get the 4th then did it got to extra time scored and they score in the 118 min with a beauty, so i lost on away goals. and then coudnlt do it again took me 3hours to do it, i had to turn of the commentary at one stage got fed up of hearing, barcelona have it all to do, they must score 4 just to take it into extar time, miricales do happen but barcelona have been beaten by the better side ovber teh to legs,

heard it so much i can remember it word for word.

See, this one I got on my first try...the Barcelona/Valencia one. It gave me no problems as Barcelona have so much speed up front and Valencia's defense just can't stop them.

Monaco/Porto gave me fits because Porto ALWAYS had a perfect line of four defenders to gobble up anything that came their way. I am glad I 1k'ed this game before I got out of gamerscore...it is one of the proudest ones I have.