PDA

View Full Version : E3m3

Sploitz85
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I think it's M3 anyways. The one that has like a maze-ish area outside, followed by a series of caves filled with skulls and the big eye guys.

Alright, long story short, I run out of ammo after 1 cave. Even with the chaingun and every piece of shotgun ammo I can find in the maze area, I don't have nearly enough to make it through.

Are there any secret areas you guys can tell me about that have ammo for my repeatedly-dying ass to get?

Sploitz85
04-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Oops, scratch that. If anyone else is stuck, though:

It's absolutely key that you start in the 'thumb' (check your mini map, the map is in the shape of a hand), and when you have the chaingun move to the 'index finger' where you have all the sergeants with shotguns in their little cages. Stay just outside the cave so that the sergeants can be picked off one at a time with your PISTOL. The chaingun will waste bullets. Then when they're dead, move inside and shoot any of the red walls that are behind the now-dead sergeants. This lowers the platforms and you can finally get a ton of shotgun ammo for finishing the level with ease. :woop:

Dysitis
04-21-2008, 05:09 AM
You're talking about e3m2. It's actually a very easy level if you know what to do. Unless you're trying to get a high percentage of kills/items/secrets, it's best to run straight to the plasma gun, then pick up the blue key, and then go to the exit. See here for a demonstration. He doesn't pick up the plasma gun but you should get the idea.

http://ia300232.us.archive.org/3/items/Doom_UVlevels/Doom_UV_e3m2_012.avi

Sploitz85
04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Haha. Wow. Yeah, that works. But I did find it helpful to get all that shotgun and plasma ammo for the next missions. I must've saved a hundred times throughout E4.

em0rox
04-24-2008, 04:10 AM
just search google for "doom walkthrough" you will find hundreds of sites that will tell you the fastest way to beat each level in every episode... most of the time you only have to actually kill only a few monsters if you hold down run and dodge them correctly....