PDA

View Full Version : an idea for the forums

Flea
07-30-2006, 11:55 AM
How about splitting people in to teams of say 4,
and set up a team leaderboard for how many gamerpoints each team gets a week.
This could set up rivalrys with teams competing for the top place with the leaderboard getting reset once a month so it doesnt become stale.
The fairest way for picking the teams would be putting someone with a low gamerscore with a high gamerscore and 2 random picks from the leaderboard.

L3giOn
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I personally like that idea. :) There would have to be a sign-up thread though of ppl who are genuinly interested.

wolfyio
07-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Awesome idea ;) I would be interested.

Flea
07-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Hopefully the powers that be will green light the idea,
It may also help intergrate the people on the forums and get people speaking to gamers they wouldnt normally speak to.
There could also be a transfer system where every 6 months 2 members of a team could get traded to 2 other teams.

xX MaslaN Xx
07-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Like groups? that would be kool...I would like to start one just for people that make sigs :)

Webb
07-30-2006, 02:26 PM
That'd be a hell of a lot of work.

And what would make a team fair?? The essence of the idea is good, but to create a fair competition would extremely difficult. If you can create teams that are fair and even and prove me wrong, you are more than welcome.

xX MaslaN Xx
07-30-2006, 02:29 PM
That'd be a hell of a lot of work.

And what would make a team fair?? The essence of the idea is good, but to create a fair competition would extremely difficult. If you can create teams that are fair and even and prove me wrong, you are more than welcome.

If he is talking about what i think he is talkin about i can found out how to do it...

Webb
07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
If he is talking about what i think he is talkin about i can found out how to do it...

I think your on a different path to us.

The idea that flea threw up was Team Rivalries.

Need to add to that also, you need a list of people who are interested in doing it, cause some, take Minty as an example, he's going for 1000 tiger games, so won't be getting many points in other games ;)

xX MaslaN Xx
07-30-2006, 02:38 PM
ok lol i guess im not on the same page as everyone else is lol if u need help with it just goto vbulletin.org

(VBulletin v3.5.4)

Flea
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
well if anyones intrested post here and ill make a list and see if i can organise something as a post
and then take it from there
and ones its up and running maybe it can get added to the site.
it shouldnt be that hard to organise as all thats needed is to check the gamerscore of intrested people and work out how much theyve increased their score by the end of the week and add that to the other team members.
also with the trading of team members any unfair teams would be balanced out.
so whos intrested?

Minty
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
The vbulletin bit is irrelevant.

The problem will be people cheating, it will always happen.

L3giOn
07-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Minty, we'll just keep known game saves offenders out of the competition. And if someone is found to be using them during the comp., that would be an automatic disqualification.

I'm definitely interested so add me, and let me know if you need any help. I'd be glad to lend a hand if needed.

Flea
07-30-2006, 04:10 PM
thanks legion

VampJoe
07-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm in, sounds reminds me of celebrity fit club on VH1. lol Have it be like instead of measuring total scores, measure the increase in the scores that would make it more fair.

Krazie
07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
This is a great idea! Probably would be a lot of work though..

What we could do is get everybody who wants to be a part of this to state it in a thread, and then we could have a list of all available participants. Say there are 40 people interested, that would be enough for 10 teams. The top 10 gamerscores will be the "captains", and we will start with the 10th highest gamerscore to make a selection out of the poll of players (a draft!), all the way down to #1, and then use the snake method to pick the teams

If there are say 43 people interested, unfortunately, there will be 3 people unable to participate, but, we could pick new teams every few months, or get expansion teams every now and then.

The captains could also have the option of trading players (say 1 great gamer and 1 crappy gamer for 2 average gamers, whatever suits their team the best)

This is an incredible idea, the only hard thing would be to figure out a way to keep track of the scores without having to do it manually..

Krazie
07-30-2006, 04:24 PM
OR.. I just thought of this after I posted my thread..

We could also have a weekly gamerscore increase competition, every week the lowest increase will get eliminated from the competition, with the top 3 getting awards

Webb
07-30-2006, 04:25 PM
You'd have to do it manually, but if each team kept their own scores, it wouldn't be such a problem.

I think this should be more of a league than a race to something as well.

Keep it ongoing.

HIGHLANDER7
07-30-2006, 04:25 PM
I would love to be a part of this as well.

VampJoe
07-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Yea, score keeping will be the hardest thing to do. The only way I can think of doing it is having one forum with sticky threads for each team and the team members you have to either post how much they earned or post the little graph thats on the 360voice blog. Then you would need one member to keep track of increases in the teams score.

Krazie
07-30-2006, 04:31 PM
You'd have to do it manually, but if each team kept their own scores, it wouldn't be such a problem.

Keep it ongoing.

Read my post above on the league!

Flea
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM

Keep it ongoing. thats how i was going to do it
i said a race to be 1st
ill start a thread for league membership
its in the official game score leaders forum
or click this link
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=81311#post81311
oh and webbi can you delete the posts once ive added the members to the list if you dont mind
:)

L3giOn
07-30-2006, 04:47 PM
This is a great idea! Probably would be a lot of work though..

What we could do is get everybody who wants to be a part of this to state it in a thread, and then we could have a list of all available participants. Say there are 40 people interested, that would be enough for 10 teams. The top 10 gamerscores will be the "captains", and we will start with the 10th highest gamerscore to make a selection out of the poll of players (a draft!), all the way down to #1, and then use the snake method to pick the teams

If there are say 43 people interested, unfortunately, there will be 3 people unable to participate, but, we could pick new teams every few months, or get expansion teams every now and then.

The captains could also have the option of trading players (say 1 great gamer and 1 crappy gamer for 2 average gamers, whatever suits their team the best)

This is an incredible idea, the only hard thing would be to figure out a way to keep track of the scores without having to do it manually..

I think you're really on to something here. Just to add a bit, once the teams are made I think we should all have names for our teams as well. Also, there should be a deadline as to when you have to sign up by. Give like a week or so, that way we can get this going asap.

Flea
07-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I think you're really on to something here. Just to add a bit, once the teams are made I think we should all have names for our teams as well. Also, there should be a deadline as to when you have to sign up by. Give like a week or so, that way we can get this going asap.
yeh i figured every team could make there own names
also if we do get an odd number of people they could just form a team of 3 pr 2 and any new people wanting to join can just join there team
ive been thinking what we could do instead of updating weekly update it fortnightly or monthly
so far we have 5 people intrested so sign up people
then we can get this thing rolling
soon as we have 4 teams or so ill start it off

Butters
07-31-2006, 05:40 AM
I suggested a league in another thread explaining it and that was aparently too much work and now this is too much work. If this site actually would like to improve yes it will take work.
I am all for it though.