PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero II Help Needed ASAP (Not for the game itself, for the guitar)

Cheezbrgr
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Alright well last night i was playing guitar hero 2 with a few friends, also using my guitar hero 3 guitar, and notice it frequently kept missing notes. To double check it just wasn't me, i first played a random song (School's out on medium) with my guitar hero 2 guitar...and only hit about 85% of notes. Then, i played it again, with my guitar hero 3 wireless guitar, and got a FC.

So, now that I'm sure my guitar hero 2 guitar is malfunctioning, what can i do?

I bought it last September, still have the guitar (obviously) and the game - don't have the box, and may be able to dig up the receipt somewhere - so I'm wondering does it come with a 1 year warranty on the guitar and everything, or doesn't it?

If it does, who should i go to? The store where i bought it (JB Hi-Fi) or do I need to contact Redoctane/microsoft?

Thanks
~Cheezbrgr

Impulse
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
i'd try contacting Red Octance, i'm sure MS won't do anything about it as it's not one of there accesories, and unless you got a warranty when you bought the game, it doesn't automatically come with one..

synister EFFECT
04-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Ya what Impulse said. I guess you could wait for Guitar Hero:Aerosmith and buy the guitar with that one if you didn't get the warranty, or if it is expired. Also, please try to keep the specific game questions to those specific games, like this should be in the guitar hero 2 or 3 forum.

v_thorne
04-25-2008, 04:31 AM
I had the same issue with my GH2 guitar. The first one I bought, and I've used it so much the strumbar squeeks and I miss a lot of the notes. Luckily I had a backup.

First off contact Red Octane and see if they had any kind of warrentys on the guitars before you go through the trouble of trying to find a reciept. I don't think they did though.

greatREDvinny
04-25-2008, 04:36 AM
Read the game manual it may say in there. If not contact Red Octane.

Pez
04-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah my guitar I got with GHII is slightly faulty.

It doesn't miss notes or anything, but the whammy bar is loose.

For example, I'll have it in position for the perfect whammy, then it slowlys moves itself down over my wrist, fucking up my rhythm and putting me right off.

I rarely use my whammy bar anymore 'cause of it.