PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Khaos
04-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Discuss the achievements here.

Phrozan
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
What does everyone think of the achievements? I think they are better than last year because you can actual get player points by beating peoples challenges although hopefully the servers will be better than last year as well.

Chud 360
08-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I think most of the achievements are fine, im looking forward to this. Getting 5 double eagles will be tough and there is one acheivement that is ridiculous.

Furry Fairways10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete an entire round of golf with a score of -12 while wearing the Bunny Suit

lol, its so stupid

thenixhex311
08-04-2008, 02:08 AM
yyeah, these achievements definitely look 'harder' than last year's version.

Not that last year's were hard by any means, but the 5 double eagles (thats no problem...i had a lot on 08, same with aces...)

but the ones like all the PGA trophies, i wonder if it means the trophies for getting an eagle on every par 5, beating tigers hole-in-one record, finishing a season with best rating, etc...

that one would be hard.

the gamernet one sounds like it might take some time for the 50k points, and posting a 1200 or so clip will take some time (to hit the awesome shot worth it)

I wonder if clips from 08 can be accessed via 09. I sold my 08 once i got the last achievement i needed (stupid 5k producer point achievement) but had tons of awesome shots and rounds saved i wanted to still be able to see.

/end rant.

cant wait for the EA sports games this year!

Chud 360
08-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I wonder if clips from 08 can be accessed via 09. I sold my 08 once i got the last achievement i needed (stupid 5k producer point achievement) but had tons of awesome shots and rounds saved i wanted to still be able to see.

I doubt that they will be.

heedlesschutoy
08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
What's with games forcing you to post crap and get other people to play it?

Did anybody play 08? Gamernet cheeves suck balls.

thenixhex311
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
What's with games forcing you to post crap and get other people to play it?

Did anybody play 08? Gamernet cheeves suck balls.

AMEN brother!

Count me in for boosting these stupid ass gamernet achievements the day this game comes out!

Maybe if we get like 4 ppl to do this from day one we can get them out of the way and then enjoy the game and try for all the others.

I wonder how the scoring system for the posts will work (as in the post a gamernet clip worth more than 1250 points)

Phrozan
08-08-2008, 04:47 AM
I just created another (or should I say many other accounts on my xbox) and built up my lead profiles producer points I was getting like 700 / day. It went pretty quick for me.

XxChiCubs32xX
08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
These achievements will definitely be harder than the other 3 tiger games

Mattsturbogti
08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
AMEN brother!

Count me in for boosting these stupid ass gamernet achievements the day this game comes out!

Maybe if we get like 4 ppl to do this from day one we can get them out of the way and then enjoy the game and try for all the others.

I wonder how the scoring system for the posts will work (as in the post a gamernet clip worth more than 1250 points)

haha yeah count me in for getting gamernet achievements out of the way

Worm99
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Yea! more "post useless crap on EA server achievements" whats next the you sent EA $5 achievement

ImmortalI
08-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Nice achievements. I like to see that you get achievements for collecting the trophies this time around. I was happy to earn them all in '08 but kinda bummed cuz i didn't really get anyhting for it (cheeves).

Beating gamernet challenges can be pretty fun, so i don't mind those achievements, and at least this time it's left in MY control. Producer points acheivements were really lame.

One thing i'd REALLY like to see go is that crap Bingo Bango Bongo game mode. Ugh...

If they bring back Gameface again i'd like to see improved results from using the Vision Camera, which is most likely what 99% of people use. It would have been nice to be able to change skin tone. At the very least, let us have EYEBROWS! lol..

Also, being forced to wear certain gear for stats is pretty lame, i should be able to choose my outfit and apply earned bonus points or something.

Worm99
08-14-2008, 07:06 PM
If they bring back Gameface again i'd like to see improved results from using the Vision Camera, which is most likely what 99% of people use. It would have been nice to be able to change skin tone. At the very least, let us have EYEBROWS! lol..

Agreed :) its even worse if you have any facial hair it just makes you look dirty.....like a bum... like the bum from Happy Gilmore

TheChupacabra10
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I think I may finally end the drought and pick this game up. I also had problems hitting the ball straight when I played at a friend's house, anybody have any tips?

Chud 360
08-16-2008, 10:56 PM
If you allways hook or allways pull ur shots, you can sort it out with club tuner so it will correct itself.

Alternatively, you can try the three click swing

ginrog
08-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Hey Chup if you are talking about 08 they had an update in March of this year to fix the oversensitivity of the controller so here is to hoping that 09 is good out of the gate. I have been playing EA golf for a long time and could not get into the swing of 08 at all really til the update without major focus.

If that is not your problem just look at your controller and not the screen. Watch to see if you are moving off-center.

Mattsturbogti
08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
i just got the game so if anybody wants to work on the online achievements to get that out of the way send me a fr...gt: mattsturbogti

tmauer7
08-27-2008, 04:40 AM
I think most of the achievements are fine, im looking forward to this. Getting 5 double eagles will be tough and there is one acheivement that is ridiculous.

Furry Fairways10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete an entire round of golf with a score of -12 while wearing the Bunny Suit

lol, its so stupid

Play on easy, and pretty much birdie every hole. I got 21 under haha. Then post it on GamerNet and it should be around 1700.:woop:

L33TWiZaRd
08-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Agreed :) its even worse if you have any facial hair it just makes you look dirty.....like a bum... like the bum from Happy Gilmore

Damn.. this thing happened with me too. Lol. But aneeways i'm not going to spend another half hour to fix it

G4M3RC0P
08-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Does anyone think getting the marketplace thing about having full stats will affect achievements?

wiggledunk
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
The achievements are ok but I don't see the point in having 2 that are worth zero points. what the hell is the point?!

Chud 360
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
The achievements are ok but I don't see the point in having 2 that are worth zero points. what the hell is the point?!

I've not got a problem with these. They are given for doing bad things (eg. having 10 shots on one hole) so you shouldn't be given points

Zendon
08-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Does anyone have 1000 yet? And how long/hard is it to get 1000?

This game was put on my list by mistake and I dont really like to look at the 0 points. Please tell me its easy.

groundstar
08-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I have just gained one of the secret achievements for Tiger 09. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in.

On the Bogey Train
Score 10 Double Bogeys using any golfer
0 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Bu/jx/0oCLiGJhbC8xCxsFG1lTWTcwL2FjaC8wLzFFAAAAAOfn5-3e6Bo=.jpg

ShaunMichael80
08-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Does anyone have 1000 yet? And how long/hard is it to get 1000?

This game was put on my list by mistake and I dont really like to look at the 0 points. Please tell me its easy.

1000 this game is hard, you have to do so much...Like Complete 68 rounds under par in a row...

thenixhex311
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
yeah... 1000 will take a while. im playing this game non-stop in attempts to get 1000 first!

im doing all the tournament stuff (3 rounds) first and mixing in gamernet rounds to get the last 2 gamernet ones i need done, and get a majority of the tracking tiger trophies done.

does anyone else think that the all your balls are belong to us should be worth a LOT more?

Orange and Blue
08-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Just got 1000 on this game this morning, apparently the 100% game completion unlocks early (providing you have 100% completion on the PGA tour season and the tiger challenge). I didnt have to get the tracking tiger trophies for consecutive rounds under par and events won. Got everything else as far as the trophy balls go. Confirmed with someone else and it unlocked early for them, so hopefully you all trying to get 1000 can look forward to that as well

Darth Rankine
09-21-2008, 05:07 AM
Anyone out there have a list of all the trophy balls?

leftyj07
09-26-2008, 09:24 AM
just found this site today, but if you have any questions on these lmk i got 1000/1000 also!;)

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/LEFTYJ+DSANCHEZ.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/LEFTYJ+DSANCHEZ)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/shootersig/socombanner.jpg
http://www.tripletags.com/uploads/L/LEFTYJ-DSANCHEZ400112027.jpg
360: LEFTYJ DSANCHEZ PS3: LEFTYJ-DSANCHEZ

Streetrunner77
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Kudos to those who have gotten their stats maxed w/o the costume - I tried for over 60+ hours in one week - on a custom created course - and still couldn't do it - I followed the advice given here - only to have my stats go down instead of up - wa only missing 0.1 on power - and it kept going down - and that gamernet garbage - took me a month to get to 25K

metalhead79927
11-17-2008, 02:33 AM
It takes a while to do it. I still need a few more to complete.

matty2k71983
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM
i still need this achievement ive tryed the guide method and cant do it anyone done it a different way to the guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/690/++IkMg==.jpgClub Champ25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgBoost your golfer’s Attributes to the max (12) without a Max Stats Costume

SoapDish2008
12-05-2008, 12:39 PM
not sure what the guide says, but I took this route: go to stroke play and play all the par fives in the game. Eagle all of them (you will get all your eagle trophys). Go to Bay Hill and play only the par 5 holes. You will get your double eagle ball using hole 4 (i think) if you can reach. Play from the whites. Once done, your attributes should all be pretty high (9 or 10 without the clothes bonuses). Now go to St. Andrews and play from the whites (stroke play). You should be able to drive most of the par 4 holes and you will be close enough to use the wedges to pitch if not. Every time you play a round the coach gives you a chance to practice your worst shots over and earn attributes for them. After a round or two you should be almost maxed out. Identify the attribute you are low in and during your next round, dump a shot. I mean, if you are hurting for a short game attribute, hit the ball close from the tee and then drive the ball out of bounds or something instead of chipping. then play the rest of the round like normal. At the end, Haney will select that shot as your "practice shot" and you can smoke it for the max attributes (normally 2). You can pretty much manipulate the round and choose 4 shots you want to work on every time you play. Sounds cheesy but it worked pretty easy for me. Good luck.

JOOJOO11
12-21-2008, 07:20 AM
has anyone gotten the bunny outfit achievement??

The Preston 13
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
it took me maybe 10 days to get all the achievements, except for having to wait an extra week or 2 for the gamernet ones.

arguably the greatest sports game of all time

GreenBand
02-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Do I need to complete all of the Tiger challenge events for the 100%? I have all of the other trophies, except for 19 hole in 1, and 67 in a row under par. I beat Tiger, but I haven't done ALL of the challenges.

Edit - I finished the Tiger challenge events to get the 100%.

KrzyHpnKricket
03-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get the Scratch Achievement? The 50,000 Gamernet points. I have this rented from Gamefly and only have the Gamernet Achievements left, trying to figure out if i should do them or not. I have about 7,500 points now and only plan on doing long drive challenges. Any input would be appreciated.

The Globalizer
03-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Scratch takes a while. I'm not sure how these guys roll up many thousands of points per day, but I'm doing the 18-hole challenges and it's slow (but steady) going.

The Globalizer
03-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Just got it. Knocked out two 18-hole challenges back to back, for a combined 5500 points. Sweet. ONE THOUSAND!

KrzyHpnKricket
03-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Yeah I decided against, too Tiger'd out for now, probably rent it later and finish it up. I'm fine with 910/1000 for now.

Beastmode
04-20-2009, 12:14 AM
I actually finished this one in about 2 days. Your best bet is an 18 hole showdown around 1200-1500 points. Search Birdies, Birdie Streak, and All for your challenges at 1000+ and not busted and you should get it in about 5 hours. And if you need to check how many Challenges you've played go to leaderboard,filter friends in the all time leaderboard and you total is all the way to the right.

The Globalizer
04-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I preferred the challenges with high birdie totals and under par numbers. The streaks, and especially the eagle/eagle streak criteria are too much of a gamble, and don't add much to the point value of the challenge.