PDA

View Full Version : E3 Cancelled for Next Year And Beyond!

Maka
07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/30/e3-canceled-for-next-year-and-beyond/

According to this, it states that E3 will be cancelled for next year, and possibly the next couple of years because of developpers not getting enough out of it...

thieflordgamer
07-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I saw this and was about to post it but you beat me to it :P.

I think this will end up kicking publishers in the ass eventually. All my opinions are basically expressed through the comments at the bottom of the page. Of course, there is some good to come from it, but I don't think it will really help publishers that much.

Fonkey Monkey
07-30-2006, 10:45 PM
meh. E3 isn't really interesting to me unless if it's a year when there is going to be new consoles.

Webb
07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
meh. E3 isn't really interesting to me unless if it's a year when there is going to be new consoles.

You won't be saying that next year when we SHOULD have the info on GTA IV and Halo 3 at that time. Tut tut. Think before you speak young one :p

Maka
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM

So you dont care that next year, there would be Halo GamePlay...? PC games like Crysis, etc...?? E3 is something I look forawrd to EVERY year.....

Fonkey Monkey
07-30-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't play PC games. but just because there isn't an E3 doesn't mean stuff will be released. I'm sure bungie will still release some gameplay footage or somethin on gamespot or in OXM..

Webb
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't play PC games. but just because there isn't an E3 doesn't mean stuff will be released. I'm sure bungie will still release some gameplay footage or somethin on gamespot or in OXM..

It won't have the same effect as E3 though! Thats a fact!

Maka
07-30-2006, 10:53 PM
That's a Fact! ;) :p

Fonkey Monkey
07-30-2006, 10:54 PM
true true. but it will be released in an annoying random fashion through out the year.
but maybe since it will be so random it can catch you by surprise and have a greater impact than E3. just maybe....

chaos bz
07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I like/liked E3 because It gave me the whole competition aspect of the industry, being that all the big developers are in this event competing to show off the most mind-blowing game.

Now its going to be something like EA buys Atari and makes alot of games running on poor servers.

Webb
07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
That's a Fact! ;) :p

Thats my new saying, i'll keep it going for a while and thats a fact! ;)

Maka
07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Where's you Member Profile..... I keep looking but I can't find it... That's a Fact! ;)

Webb
07-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Where's you Member Profile..... I keep looking but I can't find it... That's a Fact! ;)

I've had a lazy day, couldn't even be bothered to play the 360 for long, i'll try and do one this week.... And thats a fact!

And oi! Stop using my saying, I might revoke your Red Room status as a punishment :p And thats a fact ;) :D

L3giOn
07-30-2006, 11:49 PM
You won't be saying that next year when we SHOULD have the info on GTA IV and Halo 3 at that time. Tut tut. Think before you speak young one :p

I hope Halo 3 comes out before then...and that's a fact

Webb
07-30-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope Halo 3 comes out before then...and that's a fact

Halo 3 won't be out before the unscheduled E3 2007.... And thats a fact ;)

You heard it here first people ;) Try around the same time as GTA IV.

L3giOn
07-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Halo 3 won't be out before the unscheduled E3 2007.... And thats a fact ;)

You heard it here first people ;) Try around the same time as GTA IV.

At least we get G.O.W. soon...hopefully. :woop:

HIGHLANDER7
07-31-2006, 01:05 AM
Does this mean that there won't be any free marketplace content from E3?

Maka
07-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Probably not, and That's a Fact!

Norad45
07-31-2006, 01:16 AM
That SUCKS!! Me & a couple of buddies of mine were gonna take a road trip to Cali next year....for E3!!!!!:( :( :( There better be one:uzi: :uzi:

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 02:53 AM
true true. but it will be released in an annoying random fashion through out the year.
but maybe since it will be so random it can catch you by surprise and have a greater impact than E3. just maybe....

it seems to me that your the only person that dosnt like E3 :p

as for it being cancelled, they better change theyre minds!! if there's not an E3 how will we know what to expcet for 2008? :mad: i like to know whats coming out in the next year so i can start planning my reservations :nana

Fonkey Monkey
07-31-2006, 04:55 AM
never said i didn't like it, just that if it's true, i won't miss it much...

Psycence
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
I dont see how devs dont get anything out of it, its the most watched event in the gaming world if they cant show off new products there, where can they? But then again X06 isnt far off....and seeing as all I care about mostly is the 360 that can be my replacement

scoobydiesel
08-05-2006, 12:09 AM
first time readin this i was in shock...and sad. then found out it has jsut gotten way smaller and name change and blah blah blah....e3 is dead yet its little spawn will still bring us news....witch will still be fun :)

Flea
08-05-2006, 09:59 PM
http://www.theesa.com/archives/2006/07/for_immediate_r.php
From a link on major nelsons site,
says e3 is changing.

Korix
08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't really think it's a big deal. We all look forward to E3 but it's absence isn't really anything to worry about. First of all, there are several other games shows around the world throughout the year. Hell, we're waiting for the Tokyo game show because the launch plans for the Wii will be set and reservations should probably start up for both new systems then. I'm not trying to put in a plug for them on a 360 site but I'm just saying that other shows can have a big role too. Plus, footage gets released all the time and gametrailers.com is the perfect place to go and look at those things. You can check it once a week and have your own mini-E3 with all the new stuff that comes out.

Another point: removing the 'big show' from the schedule means developers will have more time to actually work on the game instead of being forced to come up with some bullshit footage for the public, Halo 3 included, and they won't take half the development team leadership away for a week to go showboating it around, like Too Human. E3 going away is not a bad thing at all. Games will be better and come out quicker because of it

vaga69
08-21-2006, 03:22 AM
E3 isnt important at all. its just another convention the same gameplays will be released in another way the devloped only gain from ppl seeing bits and pieces beacue it makes you want it all the more

ThaMyth
08-21-2006, 03:43 AM
theres gonna be smaller showcases from the developers, people will still get a good heads up on whats going down as always.