PDA

View Full Version : why are people so hyped about dead rising?

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 04:17 AM
i just joined and i always wanted wanted to know why are people so hyped about this game.this game looks like a hack n slash type of game which looks like it will get so boring.am i the only one that feels this way.

VampJoe
07-31-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm thinking because it's a capcom game, has tons and tons of real AI running at the same time, and it has zombies.

xX MaslaN Xx
07-31-2006, 04:33 AM
well I cant speak for everyone but I can speak for my self when I say "I have been waiting for a game that all u do is kill kill kill :)"

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 04:36 AM
well I cant speak for everyone but I can speak for my self when I say "I have been waiting for a game that all u do is kill kill kill :)"

yeah, i got my copy reserved and paid off all i gotta do on august 8th (or 9th which ever day the store gets it in stock) is go and pick it up come home and play it till it dosnt work! :D while im there picking it up i might reserve a couple more games i got a whole list of games i want right now trying to minimize it lol

thieflordgamer
07-31-2006, 04:49 AM
I'm gonna try to pick up a few games so when I get my 360 back from Microsoft I'll have some new games, and I'll have lots of achievements to get.

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 04:51 AM
sound pretty repetative to me

xX MaslaN Xx
07-31-2006, 04:53 AM
well dont u like PDZ? that game sucks and u dont see me posting about it...
whopps i just did ;)

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 04:57 AM
well dont u like PDZ? that game sucks and u dont see me posting about it...
whopps i just did ;)
pdz has a fun multiplayer and it is far more better this repetative game
:uzi: ;)

chaos bz
07-31-2006, 04:59 AM
... it has zombies.
Alot of them. Plus the story behind it seems to be ala Dawn of the Dead, and that seems to be very interesting. Atleast to me

Fonkey Monkey
07-31-2006, 05:02 AM
if you can't get excited for this game then i don't think you should live anymore....:p
you actually like pd0? oh... I'm so sorry to hear that....

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:03 AM
Alot of them. Plus the story behind it seems to be ala Dawn of the Dead, and that seems to be very interesting. Atleast to me
that wat im talking about people look at this game and they think dawn of the dead which was a great movie but the game wont be. i myself love zombie games like resident evil but definetaly not this one.

Butters
07-31-2006, 05:04 AM
I predict this game will be a decent game getting ratings of 7 or 8 because it's a good idea for a new game with the ability of using what you want as a weopon but yes it could get very repetetive.

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:10 AM
if you can't get excited for this game then i don't think you should live anymore....:p
you actually like pd0? oh... I'm so sorry to hear that....
how is playing wit 32 real live players not zombies cant be fun tell me that. oh if ur gonna say that it takes to long to kill somebody then u need alot of practice.

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 05:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/xfrancox/zombies.jpg
FUCKING ZOMBIES

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/xfrancox/zombies.jpg

FUCKING ZOMBIES
the zombies in the game are just waiting for u kill. capcom should have gave the abilities to run not just get killed over and over. cant wait for RE5.

Sarge McLarge
07-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Don't you think you should actually play the game before deciding whether you like it or not?

the zombies in the game are just waiting for u kill. capcom should have gave the abilities to run not just get killed over and over. cant wait for RE5.

And zombies shouldn't have advance AI, they are reanimated corpses with a hunger for human flesh so why would they run away from you ;).

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 05:27 AM

PDZ sucks and i dont really care for the multiplayer, the only reason i bought it was because it had a collectors edition dead rising beats PDZ anyday plus how can killing zombies get old? it cant, we'll imo it cant

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Don't you think you should actually play the game before deciding whether you like it or not?
so why do people decide to buy this game cause they know its going to be good when the didnt even play can u answer that

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 05:33 AM
so why do people decide to buy this game cause they know its going to be good when the didnt even play can u answer that

because its a zombie game, lol thats why im getting it

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:38 AM
PDZ sucks and i dont really care for the multiplayer, the only reason i bought it was because it had a collectors edition dead rising beats PDZ anyday plus how can killing zombies get old? it cant, we'll imo it cant
thats really smart of u to buy a game because it had a collecters edition way to go.anyway back to the point, dead rising will never get a higher rating than pdz the highest ill give to this game is a 7.5

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 05:38 AM
Zombies dont run! Theyre zombies! They have a very one track mind, move towards the food source. I dont care if its good or not, I love zombies and Im gonna play the shit out of this game.

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 05:41 AM
thats really smart of u to buy a game because it had a collecters edition way to go.anyway back to the point, dead rising will never get a higher rating than pdz the highest ill give to this game is a 7.5

yeah i love collectors editions i bought the collectors editions of oblivion and prey also and i plan on getting the collectors edition of gears of war, and its real smart of u to be a dick on these forums way to go. plus not many people like PDZ and im 100% sure the dead rising will get higher then PDZ im not gonna fight anymore i dont see a point in fighting over something this stupid espically when more people will like dead rising anyways so have fun fighting with other people

one more thing, why do you care if people are hyped about this game? just wondering

chaos bz
that wat im talking about people look at this game and they think dawn of the dead which was a great movie but the game wont be. i myself love zombie games like resident evil but definetaly not this one.
I agree with the fact that the game wont live to the hype it has built up but it seems like a fun pick-up and play game.

GhostRiderMike
Zombies dont run! Theyre zombies! They have a very one track mind, move towards the food source. I dont care if its good or not, I love zombies and Im gonna play the shit out of this game.
so whu did they run in dawn of the dead? why are the going to run in RE5?the zombies in dead rising are so stupid.

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 05:43 AM

Thankfully I dont buy games based on your expert ratings. If you dont like the game, dont buy it. Not to mention, criticizing us for liking the game before playing it applies to your not liking it before playing it as well. So.... shut up.

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 05:47 AM
so whu did they run in dawn of the dead? why are the going to run in RE5?the zombies in dead rising are so stupid.

You dont know anything about zombies. The fast/strong/running zombies come from the recent new school zombie genre. Dawn of the Dead is a remake. In the original DOTD they were slow and stupid. RE5 is another example of new school zombies. The way they were originally created is exactly what DR has chosen to go with. Old School. The way any zombie enthusiast would want it. Like I said, shut up.

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 05:48 AM
You dont know anything about zombies. The fast/strong/running zombies come from the recent new school zombie genre. Dawn of the Dead is a remake. In the original DOTD they were slow and stupid. RE5 is another example of new school zombies. The way they were originally created is exactly what DR has chosen to go with. Old School. The way zombie enthusiast want it. Like I said, shut up.

i agree with both of your posts franco :bow: :p

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Thankfully I dont buy games based on your expert ratings. If you dont like the game, dont buy it. Not to mention, criticizing us for liking the game before playing it applies to your not liking it before playing it as well. So.... shut up.
yo genius i came to express my opinions its others that got all serious about this topic. and from the videos all i see is u killing zombies wit different weapons while they are waiting for it. this game will have no replay value unless ur in a bad mood and want to kill someone

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 05:54 AM
yo genius i came to express my opinions its others that got all serious about this topic. and from the videos all i see is u killing zombies wit different weapons while they are waiting for it. this game will have no replay value unless ur in a bad mood and want to kill someone

I dont like you.

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:57 AM
You dont know anything about zombies. The fast/strong/running zombies come from the recent new school zombie genre. Dawn of the Dead is a remake. In the original DOTD they were slow and stupid. RE5 is another example of new school zombies. The way they were originally created is exactly what DR has chosen to go with. Old School. The way any zombie enthusiast would want it. Like I said, shut up.
let me ask u something. do u think dead rising is going to be better than any of the gta games,any of the halo games, saints row gears of war ,oblivion or any of the RE games

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 05:58 AM
I dont like you.

lol nice post :p and at the same time i dont like him either. :uzi:

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 05:59 AM
I dont like you.
then stop posting

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 06:01 AM
let me ask u something. do u think dead rising is going to be better than any of the gta games,any of the halo games, saints row gears of war ,oblivion or any of the RE games

dead rising is nothing like gta halo gears of war saints row games or RE games (the only thing RE and dead rising have in commin is they both have zombies) so its not really fair to compare dead rising to those games

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 06:01 AM
lol nice post :p and at the same time i dont like him either. :uzi:
why dont both of u get a room?

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 06:02 AM
why dont both of u get a room?

why dont you just stfu and stop comming to this site?

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 06:06 AM
why dont you just stfu and stop comming to this site?
why dont u just leave?

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 06:06 AM

Those are all completely different kinds of games. Each one is amazing in its own right. I never said this game was going to rip the video game industry apart with its stunning gameplay and unforgetable story. However its very easy to see why someone who loves zombies or someone looking for a simple enjoyable game would be excited about this game. This game wasnt designed and produced with being a Halo/GOW/GTA killer in mind. It was made for people who love zombies or hack and slash style gameplay. The graphics are there, and the amount of enemies in one place at a time is amazing. What are you looking for in this game? Its not a RE game, its not a survival horror. Its a light hearted zombie killing fest, JUST LIKE OLD SCHOOL ZOMBIE MOVIES. So to answer your question: No its not going to be better or sell more than the games you listed. Is it still going to be fun, enjoyable, and something I purchase? Yes.

Now please. Go swallow a knife.

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 06:07 AM
why dont u just leave?

i know i said this before but im serious this time im not gonna argue with a prick like you peace

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 06:08 AM
dead rising is nothing like gta halo gears of war saints row games or RE games (the only thing RE and dead rising have in commin is they both have zombies) so its not really fair to compare dead rising to those games
then how can u compare pd0 to dead rising as someone did earlier

chaos bz
07-31-2006, 06:09 AM
Ok, this got way heated over a game. Just stop and think about what you were fighting about...Its been proven that you wont change each others minds, therefor this is a pointless discusion . Just chill :p and like Webb would say , THATS A FACT.

KilluhKam
07-31-2006, 06:11 AM
how is playing wit 32 real live players not zombies cant be fun tell me that. oh if ur gonna say that it takes to long to kill somebody then u need alot of practice.

you were. plus a couple other people

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 06:12 AM
[quote=xfrancox]Those are all completely different kinds of games. Each one is amazing in its own right. I never said this game was going to rip the video game industry apart with its stunning gameplay and unforgetable story. However its very easy to see why someone who loves zombies or someone looking for a simple enjoyable game would be excited about this game. This game wasnt designed and produced with being a Halo/GOW/GTA killer in mind. It was made for people who love zombies or hack and slash style gameplay. The graphics are there, and the amount of enemies in one place at a time is amazing. What are you looking for in this game? Its not a RE game, its not a survival horror. Its a light hearted zombie killing fest, JUST LIKE OLD SCHOOL ZOMBIE MOVIES. So to answer your question: No its not going to be better or sell more than the games you listed. Is it still going to be fun, enjoyable, and something I purchase? Yes.

i never said this game sucks if u buy it ur stupid i wanted to know wat interested u guys about this game then people started to get nasty

xfrancox
07-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Troll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 06:17 AM
who sent me mail? the name is devine ubaker

GhostRiderMike
07-31-2006, 06:20 AM
some of u guys need anger managment

Fonkey Monkey
07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
or you just need to pull that tampon out of your ass.

GhostRiderMike
08-01-2006, 12:14 AM
or you just need to pull that tampon out of your ass.
i wonder how u got that idea?;)

Phonicsmonkey89
08-04-2006, 01:16 AM
potato pie!

xfrancox
08-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I hope thats not a sample of whats to come from your posts.

Norad45
08-04-2006, 01:38 AM
I think it'll be dumb. Zombies are gay. (Resident Evil sucked in my opinion.....ALL of them:woop: )

L3giOn
08-04-2006, 01:41 AM
potato pie!

Spam much? :spam1

xfrancox
08-04-2006, 01:44 AM
I think it'll be dumb. Zombies are gay. (Resident Evil sucked in my opinion.....ALL of them:woop: )

Wow... I dont like that sentence. Zombies dumb? But... You have a gopher as your avatar?... :confused:

ScottEvil30
08-04-2006, 01:45 AM
dead rising so needs to be great

Pitbob27
08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Dead Rising is one of the games on my list.

scoobydiesel
08-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm thinking because it's a capcom game, has tons and tons of real AI running at the same time, and it has zombies.

yeah thats basicly it...i love capcom and the undead, it looks nice and sounds nice so why nto want to play it

Zombfied EyE
08-05-2006, 12:38 AM

How do you know, the full games not even out yet.

Sgt Hobo
08-05-2006, 12:39 AM
How could a game with over 500 weps ever get repetative?:uzi:

xMR 360x
08-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm thinking because it's a capcom game, and it has zombies.<---Thats why im getting it

[fb]
08-08-2006, 05:37 PM

because running zombies are alot scarier and those zombies were more like super humans in the dawn of the dead remake... but you know what the original dawn of the dead is alot better than the remake and the original has walking zombies, and in re5 they are running to add suspense and to scare you... and thats exactly what the resident evil genre is... HORROR/SUSPENCE (sp?) Dead Rising is more of a fun game and its "poking" fun at the whole zombie game genre... /end of thread