PDA

View Full Version : Halo Prequel

narcolepticshee
04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
We think it's fair to say that the dust has finally settled on Halo 3. With the multiplayer torch seemingly handed over to Call of Duty 4, and Legendary polished off by team CVG, that's the end of Bungie's Halo trilogy. So what's next?

Following Bungie's split from Microsoft (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173224), it looked like it was over for the developer and the corpse-humping shooter for a while, but according to the latest round of magazine rumours its already well underway on a new Halo (we can hear the hype machine being prepped already).

According to US mag EGM, Bungie's already prepping a Halo spin-off for release in late 2009.

Apparently, according to the mag, it's a third-person "action/adventure shooter hybrid", that takes place before the original Halo, and chronicles early skirmishes between the ODST and the Covenant.

EGM notes that the project may or may not be one of the Peter Jackson Halo Projects, but either way WETA is "definitely involved" in this Bungie project in "some capacity". Maybe it's doing the box art.

We already know that Bungie's making more games for Microsoft, and to be honest we'd be pretty stupid not to assume that at least one of them has something to do with Halo.

Oh, and we phoned up Microsoft UK, but it's not answering the phone.
Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187670

I'm getting pretty sick of halo at the moment - 3 was poor and i just ended up trading it in and playing cod4 instead.

What do you guys think it's gonna be like? Good or bad?

Peace

Joe Boy 1986
04-25-2008, 10:49 AM
hmmm... sounds like they're trying to milk the halo franchise for all it's worth. things are best kept in 3's so they should just leave it at that.

i do agree though. halo 3 was poor. i think i only played it up until COD4 came out. and the rest, as they say, is history.

UberViking
04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I hink sice BUngie can do what it whants now it should be better

DreadfulCorpse
04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
I'd like to see another Halo, I enjoy all of them, it's one of the best games out there.

PnutButrSkippy
04-25-2008, 12:51 PM
3rd person halo prequel? this kinda sounds like they're talking about halo wars without directly saying that its halo wars. just a thought

Joe Boy 1986
04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
dude, halo wars is a RTS. i don't think tey're talkin about halo wars.

Khaos
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
They are definitely milking Halo for all its worth, even though its past its prime...... sad

Evil_Snow_Man
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Please be Fall of Reach...
*crosses fingers*

leprcaun slayer
04-25-2008, 05:21 PM
*crosses fingers*

Just what i was thinking. Read the book? I enjoy halo 3 multiplayer. I played through the campaign a bunch of times for fun and points. But lately ive been trying to balance between gamerscore, halo 3 online, Cod4 Mulitplayer and just having fun.

Nerd Brown
04-25-2008, 06:27 PM
I would like to see another Halo. I have only played Halo 3 and liked it, but I did trade it in to grab CoD4.

Asian47
04-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Come on, Halo 3 wasn't that bad. To me atleast, it was still a good game, but I must say Bungie needs to learn how to kill off their main characters.

I am hoping it's based off one of the novels, now those were damn good stories.

MrPaypaChasa
04-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I heard they were making a game with movie tie-ins that won't be a big type of shooter game, but more of a interactive movie. This is were I got my information. Here (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Chronicles)

DarkPyroGuy_09
04-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I hink sice BUngie can do what it whants now it should be better

When Bungie split from Microsoft, Microsoft took the rights to the Halo Franchise. So, Bungie can't make another Halo game unless Microsoft has its nose in it.

But, they did say that they might be working on the Marathon Franchise.

Segnius
04-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Sounds like it could be interesting, but I won't be anticipating it. What's with everybody who thinks Halo 3 is bad though? It's without a doubt the best game in the Halo series.

leprcaun slayer
04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Come on, Halo 3 wasn't that bad. To me atleast, it was still a good game, but I must say Bungie needs to learn how to kill off their main characters.

I am hoping it's based off one of the novels, now those were damn good stories.
JOHNSON!! oops spoilers oh well. They killed off Keyes too. AND lets not forget ALL OF THE SPARTANS. Im not yelling just explaing.

Tzar77
04-26-2008, 01:31 AM
bah forget halo already (Loved part 3 for the record)
how about bungie go back the the old school bungie and make a next gen myth! now that would rock

run ita charlie
04-26-2008, 02:51 AM
God, I can't believe bungie is going to try and make even more money off of the halo franchise. I think its best if they just leave it alone at this point....

Also, I loved halo 3, but i thought it was pretty cheesy. The cutscenes and stuff looked more like cheesy movie plots to me lol.

cORnDogZ
04-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Whatever, let them milk it, there's enough fanboys out there. Don't get me wrong the series itself was good, but Halo 3 was a total fail IMO. It felt wayyyy to much like Halo 2 except they added a few weapons. The online was ok I guess, but when they are taking player-made concepts like "Zombie" and turning them into matchmaking games, it makes me wonder how many more ideas they can really have....

I can honestly say that I won't be buying any 3rd-person version of Halo, for one I'm not big on any 3rd person shooters. And secondly, it seems like they are just attempting to make a sub-par version of the series like the RTS one that was released (can't remember the name and don't care to), it may or may not have been a Bungie release, once again I don't know and don't care, but either way they were lookin to cash in on it

I say no thanks to failed attempts which are just gonna ruin an excellent overall series ;)

Dark Aspire
04-26-2008, 10:20 AM
I'd love to buy and play this, Its Bungies first ever third person. Well, apart from a few oldies.

I don't care what other people say, its the end of Halo, but Bungie already said that its not the end of Master CHief.

Just wish it was the sequel to Halo 3.

Ashz0r
04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
In my opinion this is gaming necrophilia.. kill the halo story line all damn ready.. it dragged on since halo1... If they were to make a game with the halo style but a completly new world / story line I might be interested.

kiwi18
04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I think this is a bad idea.

SuperSouter
04-26-2008, 05:36 PM
3rd person? Oh dear.

I think they have taken it too far, there are gonna be a lot of pissed off people.

Why do these companies do this!

Oh yeah :P MONEY